A simple question

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 20, 2015, 2:52:18 AM3/20/15
[To be read, please, in it's enterity before answerin. instead of the usual
"answer after reading 7 letters" Thank you]

There is a question I made a couple of times here and maybe once elsewhere.
Of course It is an important question, so it never got answered.

I'll break an internet rule and repost it in all caps:

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR *TWO* PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF A GAME
TO CAUSE (IN THE BEST OF CASES) DOZENS OF CONVULSIVE SEIZURES.

People love it and play it. We are told that the sales are surpassing
expectations. All is good and well. And the two people who disagree simply
give their opinions to others in doubt whether or not to fork over $80 for
a potential turd (the usual answer is "don't, for these reasons").

At this point the two people are jumped by all the servicemen and all the
ex-servicemen from all the navies of the World WITHOUT BEING GIVEN A SINGLE
RATIONAL REASON.

Other forms of entertainment, in the meanwhile, enjoy bad reviews withouy
fear of reprisal. My comic books sell in the dozen of thousands. Eddy has
the numbers of the last one. I'm sure that HUNDREDS of readers will find it
shitty. I get letters and forum posts - mostly in English, since our market
covers the Balkans, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and more. Do I have a fit? No.
I read the criticism, look if there is something good to be retained, and
discard the rest.

Is it so difficult?

I personally gave to "Command" 2 stars on Amazon.com only to unleash a mess.
(I wrote to Eddy what happened , along with the screengrabs and - believe it
or not - the letter I was forced to write to JEFF BEZOS, Amazon.com' CEO.
One star reviews were never molested.

Do we really want to stop this ruckus? Let's start by letting TWO PEOPLE to
express their opinion - and if someone disagrees does it FACTUALLY, in a
polite mode.

Of course there is another solution. No, not that I and Herman go away, but
that everyone in the NG, start to lie - and make it a trend in the whole
newsgroup. in all fairness, WarfareSims.com already did it. Getting the
whole NG to lie would make me go away. I can be wrong. I admitted it in
another forum, but I will never consciously lie.

So, what is the answer to the all-caps answer. I'm, waiting.

---

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 3:10:37 AM3/20/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:52:18 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR *TWO* PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF A GAME
> TO CAUSE (IN THE BEST OF CASES) DOZENS OF CONVULSIVE SEIZURES.

Because you've both spend about 750 man/hours on disagreeing about the quality of a game you don't like in dozens of places all over the internet, to the point where people who have no bone in the fight or are even slightly agreeing with you are sick of it.

Clear enough ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 20, 2015, 4:26:14 AM3/20/15
> Because you've both spend about 750 man/hours on disagreeing about the
> quality of a game you don't like in dozens of places all over the
> internet, to the point where people who have no bone in the fight or are
> even slightly agreeing with you are sick of it.

> Clear enough ?

No.

I answer when someone either asks me my opinion of the game, or when someone
disagrees with me (which I think is fair)

Most of these "disagreements" are based on personal attacks or faery tales,
If the time needed to answer is 750 man/hours, it simply means that we have
suffered at least that much time in abuse and that the other guy REALLY
disagrees with me, usually with insults and a blinding lack of factual data.

Clear enough?

Yet, you actually didn't asnwer my question: other people criticize
"Command" - and they are not forced to waste time defending what they think.
You know, Eddy, by behaving the way they do, they give people the impression
that our opinion is especially accurate. and thus dangerous for "Command"
sales. You do the math.

Vince

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 5:02:14 AM3/20/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 9:26:14 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > Because you've both spend about 750 man/hours on disagreeing about the
> > quality of a game you don't like in dozens of places all over the
> > internet, to the point where people who have no bone in the fight or are
> > even slightly agreeing with you are sick of it.
>
> > Clear enough ?
>
> No.

What part of "gamers are sick and tired of the two of you" don't you understand ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 20, 2015, 5:44:08 AM3/20/15
> What part of "gamers are sick and tired of the two of you" don't you
> understand ?

I understood all of it - the way I'm sick and tired of my editor, managing
editor and text reviewer. I also know that all of them work hard to ensure
that my book is as good as possible. Is this difficult to understand? Many a
wannabe writer considered them a PitA. They are now correcting successful'
writers texts. Sometimes you have to acccept the bitter (blue) pill.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 6:01:57 AM3/20/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 10:44:08 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > What part of "gamers are sick and tired of the two of you" don't you
> > understand ?
>
> I understood all of it - the way I'm sick and tired of my editor, managing
> editor and text reviewer. I also know that all of them work hard to ensure
> that my book is as good as possible. Is this difficult to understand? Many a
> wannabe writer considered them a PitA. They are now correcting successful'
> writers texts. Sometimes you have to acccept the bitter (blue) pill.

Here's the differences :

1) You're not their editor, manager or data-reviewer
2) editors do their job behind the scenes, not very publicly trying to grab the spotlight
3) editors have a financial and emotional stake in the product doing well.

It's so blatantly obvious what you guys are trying to pull, that it's simply painful. Stop while you have shred of credibility left.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

smr

Mar 20, 2015, 9:00:02 AM3/20/15
> Questa e-mail č stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.

Nobody owes you this answer.

--
smr

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 1:19:16 PM3/20/15
Amazon has been a great store to sell at and we haven't heard anything from anybody at Amazon about your contact with them. No call from Jeff Bezos either.

Mike

Giftzwerg

Mar 20, 2015, 4:38:41 PM3/20/15
In article <megg1g$e47$1...@dont-email.me>, vincenzo...@fastwebnet.it
says...

> [To be read, please, in it's enterity before answerin. instead of the usual
> "answer after reading 7 letters" Thank you]
>
> There is a question I made a couple of times here and maybe once elsewhere.
> Of course It is an important question, so it never got answered.
>
> I'll break an internet rule and repost it in all caps:
>
> HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR *TWO* PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF A GAME
> TO CAUSE (IN THE BEST OF CASES) DOZENS OF CONVULSIVE SEIZURES.

Oh, *this* is fucking rich. If anyone is having "CONVULSIVE SEIZURES"
it's the two zipperheads who persist in hounding those of us who are
perfectly happy with COMMAND, and wish we could get back every dollar
and hour we spent fucking about with that abject shitware known as
HARPOON:ANW.

> People love it and play it. We are told that the sales are surpassing
> expectations. All is good and well. And the two people who disagree simply
> give their opinions to others in doubt whether or not to fork over $80 for
> a potential turd (the usual answer is "don't, for these reasons").

People "love it and play it" because it's *playable*. Something HARPOON
never was.

> At this point the two people are jumped by all the servicemen and all the
> ex-servicemen from all the navies of the World WITHOUT BEING GIVEN A SINGLE
> RATIONAL REASON.

It actually works. How's that for a RATIONAL REASON?

> Other forms of entertainment, in the meanwhile, enjoy bad reviews withouy
> fear of reprisal. My comic books sell in the dozen of thousands. Eddy has
> the numbers of the last one. I'm sure that HUNDREDS of readers will find it
> shitty. I get letters and forum posts - mostly in English, since our market
> covers the Balkans, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and more. Do I have a fit? No.
> I read the criticism, look if there is something good to be retained, and
> discard the rest.

I think you're confusing "disagreement" with "reprisal." Who - exactly
- is "reprising" against you goofbags? We're just calling you goofbags.

> I personally gave to "Command" 2 stars on Amazon.com only to unleash a mess.
> (I wrote to Eddy what happened , along with the screengrabs and - believe it
> or not - the letter I was forced to write to JEFF BEZOS, Amazon.com' CEO.
> One star reviews were never molested.

Jeebus wept. You *wrote to JEFF BEZOS*?!?!

> Do we really want to stop this ruckus? Let's start by letting TWO PEOPLE to
> express their opinion - and if someone disagrees does it FACTUALLY, in a
> polite mode.

Go ahead. Express your ditzy opinions. And prepare to get shot down by
the only FACTUAL information that surrounds a game or other
entertainment product - "We like it. It makes us happy. Now go fuck
yourselves."

> Of course there is another solution. No, not that I and Herman go away, but
> that everyone in the NG, start to lie - and make it a trend in the whole
> newsgroup. in all fairness, WarfareSims.com already did it. Getting the
> whole NG to lie would make me go away. I can be wrong. I admitted it in
> another forum, but I will never consciously lie.

Well, I already made Hermann go away. I can do the same for you. Keep
at it.

> So, what is the answer to the all-caps answer. I'm, waiting.

YOU'RE JUST WRONG. Is that good enough?

--
Giftzwerg
***

Giftzwerg

Mar 20, 2015, 4:41:12 PM3/20/15
In article <5c759c13-665c-4efc...@googlegroups.com>,
eddys...@hotmail.com says...
What was the name of that game I hated the shit outta? The one I sent
you the CD for? Was it DEFENDING THE REICH?

How many posts did I expend on that turkey? A dozen? Two dozen? And
then I Shut The Fuck Up about it for, what, ten years?

And that game at least *worked*. It didn't crash and burn when you even
accessed the tutorials. It just sucked.

Giftzwerg

Mar 20, 2015, 4:43:42 PM3/20/15
In article <meglhk$t0v$1...@dont-email.me>, vincenzo...@fastwebnet.it
says...

> > Because you've both spend about 750 man/hours on disagreeing about the
> > quality of a game you don't like in dozens of places all over the
> > internet, to the point where people who have no bone in the fight or are
> > even slightly agreeing with you are sick of it.
>
> > Clear enough ?
>
> No.
>
> I answer when someone either asks me my opinion of the game, or when someone
> disagrees with me (which I think is fair)

Hmm. Who asked you for your opinion of the game? I mean, recently, to
cover your endless, obsessive postings about it?

Yes. We get it. You don't like COMMAND. Are you done now? Please go
away.

> Yet, you actually didn't asnwer my question: other people criticize
> "Command" - and they are not forced to waste time defending what they think.
> You know, Eddy, by behaving the way they do, they give people the impression
> that our opinion is especially accurate. and thus dangerous for "Command"
> sales. You do the math.

Actually, I think you two lackwits are the best salespeople for COMMAND.

Giftzwerg

Mar 20, 2015, 4:45:33 PM3/20/15
In article <40de249f-a172-45f1...@googlegroups.com>,
eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> > I understood all of it - the way I'm sick and tired of my editor, managing
> > editor and text reviewer. I also know that all of them work hard to ensure
> > that my book is as good as possible. Is this difficult to understand? Many a
> > wannabe writer considered them a PitA. They are now correcting successful'
> > writers texts. Sometimes you have to acccept the bitter (blue) pill.
>
> Here's the differences :
>
> 1) You're not their editor, manager or data-reviewer
> 2) editors do their job behind the scenes, not very publicly trying to grab the spotlight
> 3) editors have a financial and emotional stake in the product doing well.
>
> It's so blatantly obvious what you guys are trying to pull, that it's simply painful. Stop while you have shred of credibility left.

Pff. It's way too late for that.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 5:57:10 PM3/20/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 9:41:12 PM UTC+1, Giftzwerg wrote:
> In article <5c759c13-665c-4efc...@googlegroups.com>,
> eddys...@hotmail.com says...
> >
> > On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:52:18 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > >
> > > HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR *TWO* PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF A GAME
> > > TO CAUSE (IN THE BEST OF CASES) DOZENS OF CONVULSIVE SEIZURES.
> >
> > Because you've both spend about 750 man/hours on disagreeing about the quality of a game you don't like in dozens of places all over the internet, to the point where people who have no bone in the fight or are even slightly agreeing with you are sick of it.
> >
> > Clear enough ?
>
> What was the name of that game I hated the shit outta? The one I sent
> you the CD for? Was it DEFENDING THE REICH?

Yup

> How many posts did I expend on that turkey? A dozen? Two dozen? And
> then I Shut The Fuck Up about it for, what, ten years?

Sounds about right. I always thought your philosophy was something along the lines of : either a game gives me $40 in playing pleasure, or in ripping it apart pleasure, and once done it's done.

> And that game at least *worked*. It didn't crash and burn when you even
> accessed the tutorials. It just sucked.

I remember it being a zero-option game where every turn it was blatantly obvious what the setup for the next turn should be for optimal results - the game didn't crash or something, it just wasn't a game, just routine, once you discovered the winning formula.

I also remember everyone's favourite reviewer at the time going gaga over it. Either he didn't play it, or else he wasn't half as smart as he thought he was :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Giftzwerg

Mar 20, 2015, 6:58:57 PM3/20/15
In article <6ddb38e4-3229-4298...@googlegroups.com>,
eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> I also remember everyone's favourite reviewer at the time going gaga over it. Either he didn't play it, or else he wasn't half as smart as he thought he was :)

Oh, God. I'm getting old.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 7:11:11 PM3/20/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 11:58:57 PM UTC+1, Giftzwerg wrote:
> In article <6ddb38e4-3229-4298...@googlegroups.com>,
> eddys...@hotmail.com says...
>
> > I also remember everyone's favourite reviewer at the time going gaga over it. Either he didn't play it, or else he wasn't half as smart as he thought he was :)
>
> Oh, God. I'm getting old.

Given that the alternative is dying young, I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

DirkG

Mar 20, 2015, 9:29:39 PM3/20/15
Anyone can have an opinion on a game. An opinion is neither right or
wrong. But what I've seen is a rant about 950 knot planes and how that
somehow proves the game is bad and the company is evil. I'm sure there
was a reason why decisions were made, and personally, I don't care. If
it bothered me that much, I'd just move on. Sure, post your opinion and
deal with it. But what I've seen isn't an opinion; it's stated as an
irrefutable fact. Furthermore, it's been stated in such a way as an
attack on anyone that plays and enjoys the game. Certainly others must
agree the game is bad too once the plane speed issue is known, and the
company must be evil for not changing it to what I think it should be.
Right?

But, you know what? It's a game. And if it's fun to play, you play it
and if you don't, you don't. Grabbing the pitchforks and torches and
trying to storm the castle isn't working, and neither is implying that
those that don't follow are obviously weak minded. State your case as an
opinion, and move on. On the other hand, this is the most action this NG
has had in months. I miss the flames.

By the way, I got a powerful new processor and X-fire video cards in my
PC, and now my planes fly at 952 knots.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2015, 4:22:17 AM3/21/15
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 2:29:39 AM UTC+1, DirkG wrote:
> On the other hand, this is the most action this NG
> has had in months. I miss the flames.

Me too - and the places on the 'net where they still run high are lessening. Child-proof playgrounds are never any fun.

> By the way, I got a powerful new processor and X-fire video cards in my
> PC, and now my planes fly at 952 knots.

I was only able to type this after coughing up the liquid again that went into the wrong pipe - took me a minute and the dogs are staring at me for barking so loudly :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 21, 2015, 8:43:56 PM3/21/15
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 11:01:57 AM UTC+1, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 10:44:08 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > > What part of "gamers are sick and tired of the two of you" don't you
> > > understand ?
> >
> > I understood all of it - the way I'm sick and tired of my editor, managing
> > editor and text reviewer. I also know that all of them work hard to ensure
> > that my book is as good as possible. Is this difficult to understand? Many a
> > wannabe writer considered them a PitA. They are now correcting successful'
> > writers texts. Sometimes you have to acccept the bitter (blue) pill.
>
> Here's the differences :
>
> 1) You're not their editor, manager or data-reviewer

Never pretended to be. I'm simply a customer unsatisfied by a game I spent $80 for (twice!) which exercise his right to comment on the game - not on the people who like it.

> 2) editors do their job behind the scenes, not very publicly trying to grab the spotlight

Right now everyone is under a spotlight :D

> 3) editors have a financial and emotional stake in the product doing well.

Are you aware that you just answered a key question?

> It's so blatantly obvious what you guys are trying to pull, that it's simply painful. Stop while you have shred of credibility left.

(shrug) Fine, I'll lose my shred of credibility. But I won't li: neither when asked about my opinion nor when challenged. And notice how no one, right now, was able to prove that I do. Disagreement are normal, especially on this NG. But the wast majority of the accuses I got are based on voices, previous lies by other people and preconceptions. None of these were even proven.

As a friend, I'll tell you this: for once you choose to support the wrong part. There is nothing wrong in this. I once voted for Berlusconi. Once.

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 2:20:08 AM3/22/15
> Amazon has been a great store to sell at and we haven't heard anything from anybody at Amazon about your contact with them. No call from Jeff Bezos either.
>
> Mike

On April, 24th 2014 I posted my review of Command on Amazon.com. I gave the game 2 stars (some reviews gave him 1 star; this is not a comment on the quality of the game but only to give context to what happened afterwards).

I got some comments - negative but legit. Then, on August 2014 the comments page of my review simply exploded.

Detailed Chronology of Events [with corresponding zip files for documentation and verification]:

Detailed Chronology of Events [at the end you will find the corresponding zip files for documentation and verification]:

04-22-2014 I wrote a review titled, "So close, yet still so far" for the computer wargame, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, on Amazon.com The review was critical and gave the game two stars out of five. A copy of the review has been attached.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3PZIW2WRQC8SK?ref_=pe_623860_70668520

07-26-2014 Ragnar Emsoy, company owner and developer of the game posted:

"Please note that Vincenzo Beretta doesn't actually own a copy of the simulator.

He is a belittled freelance game journalist who's been running a vicious ten-year stalking, harassment, slander and intentional character assassination campaign.

Because of his past conduct, Vincenzo was blocked from a big press conference that Matrixgames (publisher) held in Italy in May 2014. He desperately wanted to attend but was not invited. He then tried to get in by the back door via one of the Italian magazines that he sometimes freelance for. As soon as his name was revealed as the representative, Matrixgames had him removed.

As a response, Vincenzo posted this hackpiece 'review' to punish the Command developer (WarfareSims) and publisher (Matrixgames). Brilliant way to rebuild..."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=AUZ1LETHG7XL&C=308E7DQYDUISH&H=MKC3L5HDNZC9VFC4OEFD94MXTGUA&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcd%2Fm%2FFx1WWC05T69YKVH%2F-%2FTx3AVNV8ORRJOYI%2F1%2FMx5LJXLX6GZRRZ%3Fref_%3Dpe_623860_70668520

07-27-2014 Ragnar Emsoy, company owner and developer of the game posted a second message of harassment.

07-29-2014 Ragnar Emsoy, company owner and developer of the game posted a third message of harassment demanding removal of the critical review.

08-15-2014 On or about 08-15-2014, Ragnar Emsoy, company owner and developer of the game posted a fourth message of harassment. [Note that this message was deleted so quickly by Amazon.com that there was no opportunity to take a screenshot or image of the contents. The only evidence of its existence is a link to its former location.]

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3PZIW2WRQC8SK/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00HSN3L30#wasThisHelpful

08-16-2014 Ragnar Emsoy, company owner and developer of the game posted a fifth message of harassment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=AUZ1LETHG7XL&C=308E7DQYDUISH&H=1PTSWPOAACGBFAM2S1R0WCQYLMUA&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcd%2Fm%2FFx1WWC05T69YKVH%2F-%2FTx3AVNV8ORRJOYI%2F1%2FMxAGIB5KX3PIWV%3Fref_%3Dpe_623860_70668520

08-17-2014 Amazon confirmed deletion of all messages from Ragnar Emsoy.

"I can confirm that the comments written by Ragnar Emsoy were already removed since they are outside the guidelines. "

08-18-2014 Review was deleted by Amazon.com

08-18-2014
08-19-2014
08-20-2014
08-21-2014 I repeatedly called the Amazon.com customer help line in Seattle (1-206-266-2992) from Italy over four days seeking an explanation and was finally directed to the Website Department

08-25-2014 The Review Moderator for Amazon.com definitively declared by e-mail that the reviewer is a competitor for the product.

"We cannot post your customer review for "Command Modern Air/Naval Operations" on Amazon.com because you are a competitor for this product."

08-26-2014 I responded by e-mail and categorically denied any financial or ownership involvement with any software development company anywhere in the world.

"Thank you for your explanation as to why my review was disallowed by Amazon. Allow me to provide clarification.

I categorically and emphatically state that I have no financial or ownership involvement with any software development company anywhere in the world. On the other hand, Mr. Ragnar Emsoy, the individual who posted five harassing messages on my review is a principal owner of the company developing the game. None of them claimed that I was "a competitor".

If Amazon believes that I should be ineligible to write a customer review for this product, please send additional details to me at rec...@hotmail.com"

08-26-2014 I composed a hand-written letter of complaint and sent it to Mr. Jeff Bezos, President of Amazon.com, via registered mail.

08-27-2014 The Amazon.com Review Moderator ignored the previous allegation of competitor conflict of interest and claimed:

"We have reviewed the information you provided and have determined that your review is in violation of our Customer Review Guidelines and will not be posted."

[Please note how the original allegation of being "a competitor" just disappeared, with neither an explanation nor an apology. It has not been mentioned since by Amazon.com]

08-27-2014 I responded via e-mail to the false allegation of competitor conflict of interest:

"I have been falsely accused of being a direct competitor of the game. This accusation was obviously based on false and misleading information given to Amazon by someone with a vested interest in the welfare of his game.

Once I clarified that I had NO interest, either financial or ownership, in any software company in the World, Amazon did not investigate all the false claims made against me. As far as I can tell, Amazon did not check a single fact on either me or this game nor did it provide any proof of the earlier statement because none exist. Instead, I received a vague response that can be most generously described as, "because we said no." Again, I ask for details on the bias my review supposedly contains as well as how it could be considered misleading.

The conduct in this matter is a textbook example of unprofessional behaviour from a company that wants to "build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company" and has forced me to write to the highest levels of your company structure. Next time, it will be the Press.

I'm sorry, but I never allow anyone to be judged on the basis of lies - not even by Amazon.com.

Sincerely,
Vincenzo Beretta - Milan, Italy"

09-11-2014 Amazon.com responded via e-mail from Randee Dunford, Executive Customer Relations team:

"Hi Vincenzo,

I'm Randee Dunford of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations team. Jeff Bezos received your e-mail and asked me to respond on his behalf.

We've reviewed your letter and understand you're concerned about your review removal. While I know you're disappointed with our stance on this matter, I want to assure you the response you received from our Review Moderators is correct.

As mentioned, the review has been removed and will not be reinstated. We have reviewed the information you provided and have determined that your review is in violation of our Customer Review Guidelines. Please take a look at our Review Guidelines for information about acceptable review content:

http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines

Vincenzo, I'm sorry for any disappointment caused and appreciate your understanding. While we won't be able to comment further on this matter, we're always happy to help if you have any other questions - you can click a button to contact us by e-mail or phone from any Help page on our website

Best regards,

Randee Dunford
Executive Customer Relations"

09-11-2014 I responded to the e-mail message from Randee Dunford sent on behalf of Jeff Bezos:

"On 18 August 2014, my review of Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations was removed by Amazon.com. When I asked for an explanation, I was sent the following on 25 Aug 2014 19:18:08 GMT+2:

"We cannot post your customer review for "Command Modern Air/Naval Operations" on Amazon.com because you are a competitor for this product."

THIS was the reason I was given for the removal of my review, and THIS reason alone. This claim was demonstrably false and was seemingly never investigated by Amazon.com. I specifically and directly asked twice about _who_ made this false accusation; once through the customer service channel and once directly to Mr. Jeff Bezos. Both times, I received an answer totally unrelated to my specific question. The first time was through the moderator review channel at Amazon.com. The second time, in direct response to my hand-written letter to Mr. Bezos, I, again, received an answer from Randee Dunford [11 Sep 2014 21:31:40 GMT+2] totally unrelated to my question:

"We have reviewed the information you provided and have determined that your review is in violation of our Customer Review Guidelines."

For a third time, I am asking the same question: WHO made the false allegation that I was involved with a competing game? Because ***THIS is the reason as to why my review was deleted in the first place***, and not the ones given after the fact. I do not want to have people clearly lying behind my back on Amazon.com and then having Amazon.com acting upon false allegations as though they were true. If you do not want to answer, just say so. Evasive answers to questions I never asked are not helpful. And, I would not like to see any future reviews of mine deleted by Amazon.com due to false accusations which, in turn, are not investigated by Amazon.com - as has happened here.

Vincenzo Beretta
rec...@hotmail.com
MILAN - ITALY"

10-03-2014 The review was re-instated by Amazon.com.

Hello,

We have re-evaluated your Customer Review for Command Modern Air/Naval Operations and our previous response.

Your review has been reinstated as of 10/3/14 1:05:33 PM PDT and you can see it now at the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3PZIW2WRQC8SK

Thank you,

Best regards,
Josh L.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

************

Here are all the related documents (in a single .zip containing all the aforementioned single .zips) for independent confirmation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6eiwqbyg2baeao/Amazon%20Debacle.zip?dl=0

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 3:30:53 AM3/22/15
I almost forgot about it. After the "commercial interest in another company" fiasco, Ragnar Emsoy made a last, desperate attempt:

***********

10-07-2014 After the review was re-instated, Ragnar Emsoy posted another comment. [Posted on Oct 7, 2014 12:30:23 AM PDT]

10-11-2014 This was subsequently deleted by Amazon.

Hello Beretta,

This is Stephanie from the Communities Team.

I've reviewed the comment by Ragnar Emsoy in So close, yet still so far and confirmed it's outside our posted guidelines. This will be removed shortly.

If you see a post that appears to violate our guidelines, please click the "Report abuse" link on the post. You also have the option to vote "No" if you feel the post doesn't contribute to the discussion. Here's a link to our guidelines for reference:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Stephanie R.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

[...]

After this e-mail, all traces of Ragnar Emsoy disappeared from Amazon.com, and my review still proudly stands there, untouched.

*************

And, sorry, the correct link for all the relevant documents is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5w6rgwcmyl61y7n/AAAPZaVKw5IAc4ht7o26gGcLa/Amazon%20Debacle.zip?dl=0

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 22, 2015, 4:41:51 AM3/22/15
On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 1:43:56 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> As a friend, I'll tell you this: for once you choose to support the wrong part.

Excuse me for not siding with Team Crazy on this one.

I got the sinking feeling you guys think of yourselves as a pair of comic book superheroes battling evil and being unjustly accused by the good people of Gotham City of being the bad guys. But that if you keep at it, this will turn around and you'll be heralded as the saviours once the supervillain has been defeated.

Life ain't a comic book.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Giftzwerg

Mar 22, 2015, 6:42:36 AM3/22/15
In article <c60b9a7a-72db-4767...@googlegroups.com>,
rec...@hotmail.com says...
From the Mayo Clinic:

"Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is characterized by unreasonable
thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead you to do repetitive behaviors
(compulsions). It's also possible to have only obsessions or only
compulsions and still have OCD.

With OCD, you may or may not realize that your obsessions aren't
reasonable, and you may try to ignore them or stop them. But that only
increases your distress and anxiety. Ultimately, you feel driven to
perform compulsive acts in an effort to ease your stressful feelings."

Seek help, Vinnie. Before it's too late.

Giftzwerg

Mar 22, 2015, 7:05:45 AM3/22/15
In article <28a6ae40-adc4-4e37...@googlegroups.com>,
eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> > As a friend, I'll tell you this: for once you choose to support the wrong part.
>
> Excuse me for not siding with Team Crazy on this one.
>
> I got the sinking feeling you guys think of yourselves as a pair of
comic book superheroes battling evil and being unjustly accused by the
good people of Gotham City of being the bad guys. But that if you keep
at it, this will turn around and you'll be heralded as the saviours once
the supervillain has been defeated.

> Life ain't a comic book.

I never knew that Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was Italian. I always
pictured him as a Spaniard.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2015, 10:11:58 AM3/22/15
Those poor Amazon reps. I'm guessing drinking was heavy that week.

Ok my take.

1) Obviously no real contact with Jeff Bezos at all. Just amazon support reps.
2) While Amazon is clueless everybody here knows you're problem isn't with the game but with us yet you still post this stuff like people don't know that.
3)Copying and pasting stuff from the Amazon webpage is pretty annoying and is also editable.

I've mentioned this before but we've never been contacted on Amazon about this and given whats going to go on there in the future it doesn't appear it impacted the relationship at all.

Thanks

Mike

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 22, 2015, 1:55:02 PM3/22/15
"Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the
wrong crowd for that?"

--
Veni, vidi, snarki.

The Plodder

Mar 22, 2015, 2:56:49 PM3/22/15
"You can't fight in here! This is a wargame forum!"

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 9:43:27 PM3/22/15
> Ok my take.
>
> 1) Obviously no real contact with Jeff Bezos at all. Just amazon support reps.

See how it is not easy making things up? If "Copying and pasting stuff is pretty annoying and also editable" I could have faked a real contact with Jeff Besos.

> 2) While Amazon is clueless everybody here knows you're problem isn't with the game but with us yet you still post this stuff like people don't know that.

Amazon acts according to facts that happen on their pages. Notice how in the shitstorm *I* never mentioned the game. Amazon acted only after examining Ragnar's actions and the false accusations.

I never accused Warfaresims of anything. The one who publicly tried to have my review deleted was Ragnar Emsoy

> I've mentioned this before but we've never been contacted on Amazon about this and given whats going to go on there in the future it doesn't appear it impacted the relationship at all.

I'm happy about that, and I can say the same for me.

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 9:51:24 PM3/22/15
> Seek help, Vinnie. Before it's too late.

> --
> Giftzwerg
> ***
> "As Barack 'Eldrick' Obama approaches his 200th round of golf since his
> election as president, here?s a fact to put that into perspective: Since
> January 2009, Tiger Woods has played 269 rounds of golf."
> - Washington Times

From a man whose every second word is profane? Or every signature is against Obama/Democrats/"ragheads"? Sure thing, man.

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 9:54:02 PM3/22/15
> I never knew that Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was Italian. I always
> pictured him as a Spaniard.

He *was* a Spaniard, and a great writer too. Thanks for the comparison!

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 22, 2015, 10:04:15 PM3/22/15
On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 9:41:51 AM UTC+1, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 1:43:56 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>
> > As a friend, I'll tell you this: for once you choose to support the wrong part.
>
> Excuse me for not siding with Team Crazy on this one.
>
> I got the sinking feeling you guys think of yourselves as a pair of comic book superheroes battling evil and being unjustly accused by the good people of Gotham City of being the bad guys.

You nailed it.

> But that if you keep at it, this will turn around and you'll be heralded as the saviours once the supervillain has been defeated.

I do not have such hopes. I gave you proof of anything I said. Not a single proof was disproven, yet you try to portray me as the bad guy. I can only wonder who is suffering from OCD here.

> Life ain't a comic book.

No? Just read some of the messages defending "Command" here :0)

Vince

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 3:26:04 AM3/23/15
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 3:04:15 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 9:41:51 AM UTC+1, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 1:43:56 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> >
> > > As a friend, I'll tell you this: for once you choose to support the wrong part.
> >
> > Excuse me for not siding with Team Crazy on this one.
> >
> > I got the sinking feeling you guys think of yourselves as a pair of comic book superheroes battling evil and being unjustly accused by the good people of Gotham City of being the bad guys.
>
> You nailed it.

I was afraid you were going to say that. That's where the "sinking feeling" part came from. You simply don't see it.

> > But that if you keep at it, this will turn around and you'll be heralded as the saviours once the supervillain has been defeated.
>
> I do not have such hopes. I gave you proof of anything I said. Not a single proof was disproven, yet you try to portray me as the bad guy.

I tried to make you stop - multiple times - because you're totally, utterly oblivious to what impression you're making in here : that of a ranting nutter.

> I can only wonder who is suffering from OCD here.

We stopped wondering some time ago.

> > Life ain't a comic book.
>
> No? Just read some of the messages defending "Command" here :0)

Well, the other explanation is that, apart from the two of you, all the rest of this ng has gone nuts. Or else we were all bought off by the Command guys. Yes, that's it, that must be it. One grand conspiracy.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 9:24:01 AM3/23/15
The Amazon reps likely deal with this a lot including guys who feel they must talk to Jeff Bezos about anything that bothers. The fact that you walked away feeling good about while not actually talking to him or hurting anyone's business means they did a great job. This is only appropriate because we all know you were just acting like a tool.

My only concerns with Amazon is that we are selling copies there and making sure we catch anything relevant out of the comments section. We are and we do and most seem happy.

Thanks

Mike

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 23, 2015, 2:01:34 PM3/23/15
> Well, the other explanation is that, apart from the two of you, all the rest of this ng has gone nuts. Or else we were all bought off by the Command guys. Yes, that's it, that must be it. One grand conspiracy.

Putting aside for a moments that my opinion isn't based on polls...

In 1845, Ignaz Semmelweis, an Hungarian physician was institutionalized because he suggested that if obstetricians washed their hands the mother/child mortality could be lowered. He died after being beaten by the guards only 14 days after.

Both the number of doctors who found their faces full of eggs and the women/children who died thanks to those (much more that one) remains, to this day unknown.

The day "Command" actually changes or improves via patches so much that I can honestly like it, this NG will be the first to know. Friends again? :)

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 23, 2015, 2:10:25 PM3/23/15
> The Amazon reps likely deal with this a lot including guys who feel they must talk to Jeff Bezos about anything that bothers. The fact that you walked away feeling good about while not actually talking to him or hurting anyone's business means they did a great job.

To me the "great job" was silencing Ragnar and having my review lawfully reinstated. I think I walked away quite happy, too.

> My only concerns with Amazon is that we are selling copies

A couple a months, I saw.

> there and making sure we catch anything relevant out of the comments section. We are and we do and most seem happy.

Then you were blindsided by one of your company directors. Be careful: next time, on a different occurrence, maybe not even involving me and Herman, the damage can be MUCH bigger.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 2:26:34 PM3/23/15
There was no damage. Your anger is not damaging to us or anybody.

Get some sleep:)

Mike

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 23, 2015, 2:48:15 PM3/23/15
> There was no damage. Your anger is not damaging to us or anybody.

No one is damage mostly because there is no anger. But thank you for acknowledging that it happened. :D

> Get some sleep:)

Thanks. I sent one manuscript to my editor today, and I'm halfway another. I really need some.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 2:56:01 PM3/23/15
Don't care and don't care. See the pattern?

Mike

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 23, 2015, 11:25:02 PM3/23/15
It is obvious that you don't care, and your game reflects this attitude. However both Amazon.com and its customers DO care about the conduct of your company representative.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 6:26:09 AM3/24/15
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 7:01:34 PM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > Well, the other explanation is that, apart from the two of you, all the rest of this ng has gone nuts. Or else we were all bought off by the Command guys. Yes, that's it, that must be it. One grand conspiracy.
>
> Putting aside for a moments that my opinion isn't based on polls...

Voices in your head perhaps ?

> In 1845, Ignaz Semmelweis, an Hungarian physician was institutionalized because he suggested that if obstetricians washed their hands the mother/child mortality could be lowered. He died after being beaten by the guards only 14 days after.

Sure, but you're the guy in the cell across, put there because he kept yelling "950 - THAT PROVES IT SUCKS !!!" as if that was anyway relevant in the experience of people.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 24, 2015, 6:36:30 AM3/24/15
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:26:09 AM UTC+1, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 7:01:34 PM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > > Well, the other explanation is that, apart from the two of you, all the rest of this ng has gone nuts. Or else we were all bought off by the Command guys. Yes, that's it, that must be it. One grand conspiracy.
> >
> > Putting aside for a moments that my opinion isn't based on polls...
>
> Voices in your head perhaps ?

Yes. Why, what do you use?Tarots?

> > In 1845, Ignaz Semmelweis, an Hungarian physician was institutionalized because he suggested that if obstetricians washed their hands the mother/child mortality could be lowered. He died after being beaten by the guards only 14 days after.
>
> Sure, but you're the guy in the cell across, put there because he kept yelling "950 - THAT PROVES IT SUCKS !!!" as if that was anyway relevant in the experience of people.

Thank you for admitting that I'm right.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 8:00:10 AM3/24/15
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:36:30 AM UTC+1, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> > > Putting aside for a moments that my opinion isn't based on polls...
> >
> > Voices in your head perhaps ?
>
> Yes. Why, what do you use?Tarots?

Chicken entrails. Even if they're wrong, you can still fry the chicken.

> > > In 1845, Ignaz Semmelweis, an Hungarian physician was institutionalized because he suggested that if obstetricians washed their hands the mother/child mortality could be lowered. He died after being beaten by the guards only 14 days after.
> >
> > Sure, but you're the guy in the cell across, put there because he kept yelling "950 - THAT PROVES IT SUCKS !!!" as if that was anyway relevant in the experience of people.
>
> Thank you for admitting that I'm right.

Thank you for admitting you've got a problem

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 8:05:20 AM3/24/15
Say whatever you need to if it helps you sleep.

Amazon has been a great store to work through and our business is expanding there. We've heard nothing of this which means they've handled things great.

Next time you talk to Jeff let him know:)

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 24, 2015, 8:24:15 AM3/24/15
That rings hollow, coming from someone who openly states that, "facts don't
matter any longer".

<eddys...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Herman Hum

Mar 24, 2015, 8:27:03 AM3/24/15
Amazon showed what a great store it was the moment it deleted all of
Ragnar's harassment (six times), which was far more than Matrix ever did.

When you're selling only a game / month, I guess there really is nowhere to
go but 'expand'.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 9:01:32 AM3/24/15
We sell more than one copy a month there.Sales and support have been great at matrix too.

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 25, 2015, 12:45:23 AM3/25/15
Sure, we can believe you or our own lying eyes, since both Steam and Amazon
publicly display sales statistics which show that this game is D.o.A. via
both their distribution systems.

http://steamcharts.com/app/321410
http://www.amazon.com/Command-Modern-Air-Naval-Operations-Pc/dp/B00HSN3L30/ref=cm_rdp_product

> Sales and support have been great at matrix too

So, Matrix deleted all of Ragnar's nonsense there, too? :-)

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 8:11:19 AM3/25/15
These are 2 of the 4 or 8 we sell and you can filter the data to read any way you like. Our typical customer is usually a 20-40 year old male with a full time job and family so tends to buy on a schedule that works for that lifestyle. This is why we don't sell many close to Midnight on Tuesday night. Launch, update and sale weeks were great and we're very proud of that.

You can really post as much on this as you'd like. Players don't really care about this stuff and it doesn't harm us in any way. I'm very happy to address any data point you wish.

Mike

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 8:12:57 AM3/25/15
Sorry for the typo.

2 of the 4 or 8 stores we sell at.

Thanks!

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 25, 2015, 10:58:39 PM3/25/15
No need for any 'explanation' or spin, whatsoever. The statistics easily
speak for themselves, that this game is a flop through both Steam and Amazon
distribution outlets.

> http://steamcharts.com/app/321410
> http://www.amazon.com/Command-Modern-Air-Naval-Operations-Pc/dp/B00HSN3L30/ref=cm_rdp_product

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The Plodder

Mar 26, 2015, 12:46:35 AM3/26/15
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 3:58:39 PM UTC+13, Herman Hum wrote:
> No need for any 'explanation' or spin, whatsoever. The statistics easily
> speak for themselves, that this game is a flop through both Steam and Amazon
> distribution outlets.
>
> > http://steamcharts.com/app/321410
> > http://www.amazon.com/Command-Modern-Air-Naval-Operations-Pc/dp/B00HSN3L30/ref=cm_rdp_product

Define "flop". I suggest you look at the stats more closely then as I call bullshit on your own spin. Command is no AAA game,it's a niche of a niche.You should only compare it with other games that depict modern naval/air warfare.The steam charts only show who's playing, not sales and if you compare it with the other games i.e Dangerous Waters and NWAC,it blows them out of the water.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/321410,200050,1600#All

The Amazon rank also means jackshit as it ranks every video game sold, including console titles.

Herman Hum

Mar 26, 2015, 3:17:07 AM3/26/15
The definition of a 'flop' is a lack of sales.

"The Plodder" <llo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 3:58:39 PM UTC+13, Herman Hum wrote:
>> No need for any 'explanation' or spin, whatsoever. The statistics easily
>> speak for themselves, that this game is a flop through both Steam and
>> Amazon
>> distribution outlets.
>>
>> > http://steamcharts.com/app/321410
>> > http://www.amazon.com/Command-Modern-Air-Naval-Operations-Pc/dp/B00HSN3L30/ref=cm_rdp_product
>

> Define "flop". I suggest you look at the stats more closely then as I call
> bullshit on your own spin. Command is no AAA game,it's a niche of a
> niche.You should only compare it with other games that depict modern
> naval/air warfare.

This is nonsense because a dollar is a dollar is a dollar. A dollar spent
on a garbage game like MNO is one less dollar spent on good games that
deserve it. Steam (correctly) makes no differentiation because $80 not
wasted on MNO can be spent on 3-4 good games. This is why Steam statistics
are so highly trustworthy. They simply have no motive to falsify anything.
Steam does not choose between turkeys like MNO and good games like
PanzerCorps. Steam receives the same sales percentage.

It would be stupid to only compare MNO against other naval warfare games
because any game on Steam can be purchased with the same money. Every game
is an alternative to MNO and, therefore, every other game is on an
equivalent basis of comparison for success.

The fact that MNO made itself a niche product through its poor design is a
problem all its own and is only the fault of MNO and no one else. Had they
designed a better game that was actually fun to play, they would not suffer
such dismal sales. Plenty of games (like Distant Worlds) that were
initially believed to be niche products excel because they are actually good
games, unlike MNO.

> The steam charts only show who's playing, not sales and if you compare it
> with the other games i.e Dangerous Waters and NWAC,it blows them out of
> the water.
>
> http://steamcharts.com/cmp/321410,200050,1600#All

Yes, it is true Steam charts show who is playing. Of course, someone would
actually have to buy the game in the first place for there to even be a
chance of them registering on the statistics as playing it. Of course, when
you sell virtually no MNO games via Steam, it is probably impossible for any
players to appear on the statistics at all because there are so few Steam
customers who actually own or play the game.

Also, this 'playing' requirement in order to appear in the statistics is
equally applicable to every Steam game. Any potential distortion would be
exhibited by each and every other Steam game evenly and equally.

> The Amazon rank also means jackshit as it ranks every video game sold,
> including console titles.

Actually, the Amazon rank means a great deal as it shows when a copy of MNO
actually sells via Amazon. Watching MNO languish in Amazon's basement for
months on end without a sale and ranked at #50,000+ was really funny. When
a copy is actually sold, the ranking changes. That is how potential
customers can see how a game is doing.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 9:07:21 AM3/26/15
Interesting analysis. Everybody seems happy with sales and reporting but you. I'm alright with that.

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 26, 2015, 12:51:52 PM3/26/15
And the statistics prove otherwise. No one is happy with this game, as the
lack of sales show.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 12:58:21 PM3/26/15
Jeez lunch time post. I thought Vinnie was only pulling your string at night?

You don't bother us and nobody believes a word you post.

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 26, 2015, 1:04:40 PM3/26/15
The lying statistics speak for themselves. As usual, the truth is evident
and incontrovertible. Nice attempt at deflection and distraction.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 1:47:07 PM3/26/15
The statistics are lying now? Did you miss a pill or something?

:)

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 26, 2015, 2:46:35 PM3/26/15
Exactly. The statistics cannot lie, which is why they are so damning.
Developers on the other hand, have shown otherwise. :-)

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 8:05:49 PM3/26/15
There is no reason for us to lie. Our buyers and players don't care. They just play the game.

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 27, 2015, 12:53:12 AM3/27/15
Of course, the developers lie and try to hide the poor quality of the game
and potential customers (a.k.a. victims) who can now see the true state of
the game.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 8:54:37 AM3/27/15
We've won awards, have an engaged and positive community and make a fair return doing it. The active members here know you're being deceitful and have posted in overwhelming numbers telling us that.

I've feel like we've given you enough time and considered what you've had to say. Time to exit stage left and move forward. Enjoy our wake.

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 28, 2015, 7:19:12 AM3/28/15
Of course, the public statistics from both Amazon.com and Steam show that
you are dishonest about the true low number of sales. The absolute lack of
activity everywhere on the internet simply confirms those statistics. Enjoy
your irrelevance. :-)

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 28, 2015, 7:46:44 AM3/28/15
> We've won awards, have an engaged and positive community and make a fair return doing it

So do I, without going around boasting, and attacking those who disagree with me.

Notice how this foreign reader attacks me:
http://agarthi.forumfree.it/?act=Post&CODE=02&f=1269695&t=17463167&p=156711434

And how I simply give a polite answer addressing his doubts:
http://agarthi.forumfree.it/?t=17463167&st=15

...and following.

And that's it. No flamewars, no insults, nothing.

Eddy knows what I made in the last three months doing what I like (to write comic books). He can compare it with what you make, IIUC - but as a writer I have almost no expenses, so the sum Eddy saw is basically the net one. Maybe you make more: I don't care.

What else? A, yes: my comic book is surrounded by a very positive community too. Readers organize trips to the places we set our stories (if not too much far away from Italy - let's say Europe and North Africa - even if not now re: North Africa :) ) and every year at the Lucca Comics & Games there is a formal dinner where the best writers, artists, stories, covers etc. are recognized.

Regarding "being deceitful", you mean the "active members" who openly state that facts do not matter and who posted against me and Herman without even having the game. With "active members" like these, who needs friends. :)

> I've feel like we've given you enough time and considered what you've had to say.

Too bad you didn't use the same time wisely (instead of weasely) to fix your game :D

> Time to exit stage left

God be praised.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2015, 9:57:25 AM3/29/15
Interesting. You're validating yourself and getting personal:) Little insecure or what?

Vinnie I'm sure you make lots of money and your comic book is great. I wish you only the best with all of this.

Mike

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2015, 10:00:43 AM3/29/15
On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 7:46:44 AM UTC-4, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
Interesting you're validating yourself and getting personal. A little insecure or what?

Vinnie I'm sure you make lots of money and your comic book is great.

I wish you the best of luck with all of it.

Mike

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 30, 2015, 3:08:45 AM3/30/15
> Interesting. You're validating yourself and getting personal:) Little insecure or what?

> "We've won awards, have an engaged and positive community
> and make a fair return doing it. The active members here
> know you're being deceitful and have posted in
> overwhelming numbers telling us that."

What about the second paragraph? Looks like somebody needs validation :D

You exited from the left part of the stage. Didn't you pay attention to the pit and beat your head or what? :)

Herman Hum

Mar 30, 2015, 3:10:46 AM3/30/15
Posting the same message twice? Looks like someone is a little insecure.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 8:23:28 AM3/30/15
I'm just telling you what matters.

That is a lot different than posting your CV and getting into a salary comparison like a 20 year old.

For some reason you've always been screaming at us to pay attention to you but can never get that we have a choice. The key would be to just act normal.

Mike

smr

Mar 30, 2015, 5:00:02 PM3/30/15
You, of all fucking people, don't get to bitch when other people make a
posting error to Usenet, you top-posting mongoloid.

--
smr

Herman Hum

Mar 30, 2015, 5:23:06 PM3/30/15
Another insult without substance. Looks like someone really is a little
insecure.

"smr" <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 30, 2015, 5:36:54 PM3/30/15
> I'm just telling you what matters.
>
> That is a lot different than posting your CV and getting into a salary comparison like a 20 year old.

I simply said that I'm happy with my salary. I never get into a comparison fight. Feeling insecure? :)

> For some reason you've always been screaming at us to pay attention to you but can never get that we have a choice. The key would be to just act normal.

You are mistaken. I'm not screaming at anyone for attention. I'm just letting those interested know how poorly I think your game runs.

And, BTW, I couldn't care less for you "attention". I just react to personal attacks and false data from anyone.

Herman Hum

Mar 30, 2015, 5:44:35 PM3/30/15
He's like an ant underneath a magnifying glass in the hot sun. That
'spotlight' is slowly and steadily frying him. :-D

"Vincenzo Beretta" <rec...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

smr

Mar 30, 2015, 6:40:02 PM3/30/15
No, there's plenty of substance there. A guy mistakenly hits "post"
twice on the same post and you jump his shit like he just jerked off
onto the Mona Lisa. Meanwhile, you top-post, violating all Usenet
convention and making it near-impossible to follow what the fuck you're
talking about or who you're replying to, and if somebody points THAT
out, you get all butthurt and whine about how the complainer is insecure
and there's no substance to the insult/complaint.

Trust me. Your top-posting on EVERY. SINGLE. POST. is a thousand times
more annoying and telling of what kind of asshole you are than Mike
accidentally double-posting once, an offense so minor as to be unworthy
of notice except by obsessed stalking assholes of the first stripe such
as yourself.

Now fuck off.

--
smr

Herman Hum

Mar 30, 2015, 6:56:42 PM3/30/15
Ah, yes. Another insult from the self-professed ruler of all that is good
and proper on UseNet.

Just another chance to laugh at an MNO-apparatchik.

"smr" <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote in message

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 7:03:49 PM3/30/15
There's a spotlight here? Where?

Mike

Herman Hum

Mar 30, 2015, 7:07:40 PM3/30/15
You're under it. If you don't see it, that's fine. You'll fry regardless.

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 30, 2015, 7:10:45 PM3/30/15
> There's a spotlight here? Where?

You returned directly under it, as you already know.

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 7:11:31 PM3/30/15
Can you be a little more creepy?

Wait! I bet steam data says yes!

Mike

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 2:44:17 AM3/31/15
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 1:11:31 AM UTC+2, bost...@gmail.com wrote:

> Can you be a little more creepy?
>
> Wait! I bet steam data says yes!

LOL - the only steam I'm seeing is the one coming out of their ears because you refuse to take them seriously and are ridiculing them mercilessly.

Keep up the good work !

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 3:46:39 AM3/31/15
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 12:40:02 AM UTC+2, smr wrote:

> Trust me. Your top-posting on EVERY. SINGLE. POST. is a thousand times
> more annoying and telling of what kind of asshole you are than Mike
> accidentally double-posting once, an offense so minor as to be unworthy
> of notice except by obsessed stalking assholes of the first stripe such
> as yourself.
>
> Now fuck off.

At this point I think a clarifying note is in order.

Note to the poor sod who decided to write his dissertation on the earliest forms of online communication 100 years from now and is digging through the digital archives.

1) Hum can be totally ignored - nothing he writes is worth your time and effort

2) Vincenzo's posts make a lot more sense if you imagine them having been written after the consumption of a bottle of vodka. He says he doesn't drink, but that's the friendliest explanation I can think of, so I'm going with that.

3) No, mental stability and health was not a requirement to be allowed online. People who were obsessed that other people were having the wrong kind of fun with a game could rant and rave as much as they liked.

4) The online slap to the head to correct idiocy wasn't invented until 2025 - in fact, there's a theory the inventor was on Usenet in his childhood and got the inspiration there. This pretty much solved the problem outlined in 3)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Herman Hum

Mar 31, 2015, 4:51:10 AM3/31/15
Can you be any more OCD?

Wait, it's confirmed by both the Steam data and this thread!

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Herman Hum

Mar 31, 2015, 4:56:19 AM3/31/15
Not to mention that both messages are different. Same garbage, but still a
different pile.

Notice how the facts never seem to support any claims made by SMR?
It is little wonder why he is more than a little insecure.

"Herman Hum" <herm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 31, 2015, 5:36:54 AM3/31/15
> LOL - the only steam I'm seeing is the one coming out of their ears because you refuse to take them seriously and are ridiculing them mercilessly.

Actually I don't remember the last time I had so much fun in this NG :D

The latest parody we created out of this brouhauha was from the movie "300":

***300 Harpooners***

MYKYM: Liking other games more than Command...? This is blasphemy! This is madness...
LEONIDAS: Madness? THIS. IS. HARPOON!!
(POW! Myk ends up in a well)

PERSIAN: A thousand players of Command will descend upon you. Our reviews will blot out the sun!
STELIOS: Then we will play in the shade.

LEONIDAS: Harpooners! Ready your PCs and eat hearty... Because TONITE WE PLAY COMMAND ***IN HELL***

I'm already thinking to the next. Maybe "Sunset Boulevard" :D

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 5:47:14 AM3/31/15
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 11:36:54 AM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > LOL - the only steam I'm seeing is the one coming out of their ears because you refuse to take them seriously and are ridiculing them mercilessly.
>
> Actually I don't remember the last time I had so much fun in this NG :D
>
> The latest parody we created out of this brouhauha was from the movie "300":
>
> ***300 Harpooners***

Is that the movie which ended with 300 dead Harpooners ?

Having fun ? The local village idiot looks happy too - oblivious to the fact they're not laughing with him, but at him.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Herman Hum

Mar 31, 2015, 5:51:58 AM3/31/15

> 1) Hum can be totally ignored - nothing he writes is worth your time and
> effort

Especially if you want to enjoy MNO as an arcade-style shooter game.

> 2) Vincenzo's posts make a lot more sense if you imagine them having been
> written after the consumption of a bottle of vodka. He says he doesn't
> drink, but that's the friendliest explanation I can think of, so I'm going
> with that.

Vincenzo here: Actually, they are regularly prescribed "Blue Pills".

> 3) No, mental stability and health was not a requirement to be allowed
> online. People who were obsessed that other people were having the wrong
> kind of fun with a game could rant and rave as much as they liked.

Luckily, it is not what is happening here.

> 4) The online slap to the head to correct idiocy wasn't invented until
> 2025 - in fact, there's a theory the inventor was on Usenet in his
> childhood and got the inspiration there. This pretty much solved the
> problem outlined in 3)

Do you also have next week's roulette numbers? I will be in Las Vegas and
will place a bet for you.

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 31, 2015, 6:25:13 AM3/31/15
> Is that the movie which ended with 300 dead Harpooners ?

No, that's the movie where 150,000 fanbois were slaughtered by 2 people.

> Having fun ? The local village idiot looks happy too -

Is this the thread where:

"LOL - the only steam I'm seeing is the one coming out of their ears because you refuse to take them seriously and are ridiculing them mercilessly.

Keep up the good work !"

...was considered the pinnacle of classical epic? My only objection is that there are *many* "village idiots" drooling happiness.

> oblivious to the fact they're not laughing with him, but at him.

I don't remember any Persians laughing afterwards. :D

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 7:54:58 AM3/31/15
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 12:25:13 PM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> I don't remember any Persians laughing afterwards. :D

I don't remember any of the Spartans not being dead.

Anyway, trying to portray the two of you as the last vestiges of civilization and culture against the barbarian hordes is both funny and tragic and shows how delusional and utterly removed from reality you really are.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bost...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 9:09:22 AM3/31/15
They can imagine themselves burning or killing people or doing whatever all they want. Not sure articulating it on line is too swift of an idea though.

Mike

smr

Mar 31, 2015, 2:10:01 PM3/31/15
Of course your narcissism extends to thinking that long-held, 25 year-old
conventions that have long since been accepted by almost everyone as "good
for the community" couldn't possibly apply to you.

You're an asshole, Hermie. A bona fide, grade-A, aspergers-laden shitstar
of the lowest order.

--
smr

Herman Hum

Apr 2, 2015, 12:28:26 AM4/2/15
And your usual insult without basis show a great deal about you. However,
they fail to disprove the failure of MNO on Amazon and Steam.

"smr" <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote in message

Herman Hum

Apr 2, 2015, 12:50:48 AM4/2/15
Without a doubt, it is certainly smarter than introducing documents that
destroy your own claims. :-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical/gge8QOPu1IY/BHxPxqeKvmwJ

<bost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Apr 2, 2015, 1:29:25 AM4/2/15
So, for example, you don't remember Dilios, the storyteller. But you are not remembering a lot of things in this debate so one more is not really important.

> Anyway, trying to portray the two of you as the last vestiges of civilization and culture against the barbarian hordes is both funny and tragic and shows how delusional and utterly removed from reality you really are.

Eddy, your English is good, but sometimes you should search for words like "Parody" - or do you really think that Hitler ranted against Harpoon? :o)

Vincenzo Beretta

Apr 2, 2015, 1:46:04 AM4/2/15
> They can imagine themselves burning or killing people or doing whatever all they want. Not sure articulating it on line is too swift of an idea though.

Talking about swift ideas, BTW, diverting attention from Command" problems (this includes the developers) was smart. Why to take a slap after the other just "because"? :D

eddys...@hotmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 4:37:23 AM4/2/15
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 7:29:25 AM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> Eddy, your English is good, but sometimes you should search for words like "Parody"

I think you meant "paroty" - repeating the same inane stuff around the clock until everyone is driven bonkers and starts looking for recipes on how to cook small birds.

> or do you really think that Hitler ranted against Harpoon? :o)

You think he wouldn't have ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bost...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 1:01:34 PM4/2/15
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 1:46:04 AM UTC-4, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> > They can imagine themselves burning or killing people or doing whatever all they want. Not sure articulating it on line is too swift of an idea though.
>
> Talking about swift ideas, BTW, diverting attention from Command" problems (this includes the developers) was smart. Why to take a slap after the other just "because"? :D

Depends on how you view the slap. Is it real or just in somebody's imagination?

These recent strings have pretty much established you're a kook at this point so write whatever you want. Doesn't matter.

Thanks!

Mike

smr

Apr 2, 2015, 1:30:02 PM4/2/15
Well, it's a good thing I didn't mention MNO, Steam or Amazon then, isn't
it, you obsessive clown?

--
smr

Herman Hum

Apr 2, 2015, 5:53:10 PM4/2/15
I see that you have, once again, failed to take the spotlight off MNO's
failure on both Steam and Amazon.

"smr" <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote in message

Vincenzo Beretta

Apr 2, 2015, 6:00:30 PM4/2/15
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 10:37:23 AM UTC+2, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 7:29:25 AM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>
> > Eddy, your English is good, but sometimes you should search for words like "Parody"

> I think you meant "paroty"

No. I didn't meant for made up words.

Anyway we could just stop. Like Myk did when he "exited the stage from the left part". The day after he was still here.

> or do you really think that Hitler ranted against Harpoon? :o)
>
> You think he wouldn't have ?

I did the video personally. Pity that it was a parody. :D

BTW (and once more) how is your experience with "Command"? I'm starting to think that you aren't playing it at all.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 2:46:16 AM4/3/15
On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 12:00:30 AM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 10:37:23 AM UTC+2, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 7:29:25 AM UTC+2, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> >
> > > Eddy, your English is good, but sometimes you should search for words like "Parody"
>
> > I think you meant "paroty"
>
> No. I didn't meant for made up words.

Why not ? You're obviously into made-up "problems" so why not make new words for them ?

> Anyway we could just stop. Like Myk did when he "exited the stage from the left part".

I'm not the one that should have stopped making a fool of myself ...

> BTW (and once more) how is your experience with "Command"? I'm starting to think that you aren't playing it at all.

I answered that multiple times already : I'm not into modern naval warfare - neither Harpoon nor Command floats my boat. So why do I seem to "defend" Command ? I answered that one as well : because I don't want to be associated with Team OCD. The other option was to back away slowly, but that's not my style. Still not realizing the two of you are the best pr team Command has ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bost...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 8:38:45 AM4/3/15
Buy him a copy Vince. Just make sure its on steam so Herman catches it:)

Mike

eddys...@hotmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 8:52:03 AM4/3/15
On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 2:38:45 PM UTC+2, bost...@gmail.com wrote:

> Buy him a copy Vince. Just make sure its on steam so Herman catches it:)

I've had a press account @Matrix for close to a decade - never bothered to request Harpoon, never bothered to request Command - even back when I was still playing pc wargames. I simply do not like modern naval wargaming. You couldn't pay me to play them. Well, maybe you could, but I'm not cheap :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
It is loading more messages.