Red Alert - Help! Mission Accomplished But Won't End!!

Stephen Smith

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!

I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
change into the targeting cursor.

I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Sephen D. Smith
dam...@hic.net

Tarjei Skorgenes

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

It has happened to me twice. The only solution that I could find, was
to load a savegame from the previous mission, complete it and when I
tried #4 again, I was able to complete it in no time and move on to
the next mission.

---
Tarjei Skorgenes
seli...@sn.no

David Drupp

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

Are you sure you were to blow up the radar station. I took it over
with an engineer. I really think you have to take it over.

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:38:55 GMT, dam...@hic.net (Stephen Smith)
wrote:

>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>
>I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
>church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
>I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
>thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
>change into the targeting cursor.
>
>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

GAN CHEE WEE

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

Try going over the areas you have not been to. There might be a camo
pillbox somewhere which you have not destroyed.

Jaco Hoff

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

In article <32b7c7e6....@news.hic.net>, dam...@hic.net (Stephen Smith) wrote:
<snip>

>I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
>church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
>I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
>thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
>change into the targeting cursor.
>
>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

Are you sure you didn't forget one of his camo pillboxes. You cannot see them
when he puts them behind the trees. He's got lot's of those on level 11. I
thought I was finished.. not. He had about 6 or 7 of those camo's behind the
trees. I already didn't understand why my para's died so quickly ;)

Jaco

Thomas Klaus

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

wrote:

>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>

>I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
>church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
>I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
>thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
>change into the targeting cursor.
>
>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?
>

>Thanks,
>Sephen D. Smith
>dam...@hic.net

Have you seen the isle in the middle ??

Soviets 5th Mission
Set up your base just south of the road. Get a radar dome up as soon
as you can. Scout to the north with one of your rifle infantry, and
see if you can drag the bad guys down to your turf. Pump out some
tanks. Move them into the ore fields in the north and destroy the
enemy ore truck. Retreat back to your base where your infantry can
help destroy the remaining "rescue" force.
Build three V2 launchers, and use them to take out enemy
turrets. Keep a squad of infantry close, and follow them with your
tanks. Capture the Allied construction yard, and radar dome, but don't
touch the refinery or any of the barrels.
Build six airstrips and Yaks to go with them. Use the spyplane
to reveal portions of the middle island. You're looking for the enemy
refinery. When you find it, strafe it with your Yaks to destroy it.
Pick off the units on the island one by one by air assault, or build a
naval yard to bombard them from the coast with gunboats. If you do
this, you'll need to get rid of the enemy destroyer cover with
submarines. The mission ends when every last soldier on the middle
island is dead.

Klausen

***********************
E-Mail : kla...@sws.ch
***********************

Thomas Klaus

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

wrote:

>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>
>I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
>church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
>I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
>thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
>change into the targeting cursor.
>
>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?
>
>Thanks,
>Sephen D. Smith
>dam...@hic.net

Klausen

***********************
E-Mail : kla...@sws.ch
***********************

Yuon Seng

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

Jaco Hoff (jacco...@notes.ict.nl) wrote:

: In article <32b7c7e6....@news.hic.net>, dam...@hic.net (Stephen Smith) wrote:
: <snip>
: >I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
: >church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
: >I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
: >thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
: >change into the targeting cursor.
: >
: >I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?
:
: Are you sure you didn't forget one of his camo pillboxes. You cannot see them
: when he puts them behind the trees. He's got lot's of those on level 11. I
: thought I was finished.. not. He had about 6 or 7 of those camo's behind the
: trees. I already didn't understand why my para's died so quickly ;)
:
: Jaco

Click a unit, move the cursor around (especially behind trees) and if the
cursor turns red ... Bingo!!!

AJ Plichta

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

wrote:

>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!

>I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking

>church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
>I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
>thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
>change into the targeting cursor.

>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

>Thanks,
>Sephen D. Smith
>dam...@hic.net

Check for a cammo pill box that is the problem that I had finishing
the mission get allot of rifle men and run them all over especially
next to trees

Jes...@aol.com

eusebio...@mail.telepac.pt

Dec 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/24/96

In article <32b80980...@news.mimer.no>, seli...@sn.no
says...

> On Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:38:55 GMT, dam...@hic.net
(Stephen
>Smith) wrote:
>
>>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective
is
>>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing
up
>>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy

>>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>>

>>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

Hi ! You're objective is to capture de Radar Dome, not destroy
it, and then destroy every unit in the middle island.
Hope this helps

E. Godinho

Gideon

Dec 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/24/96

On 24 Dec 1996 16:51:43 GMT, eusebio...@mail.telepac.pt wrote:

>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?

>Hi ! You're objective is to capture de Radar Dome, not destroy
>it, and then destroy every unit in the middle island.
>Hope this helps

He means mission #4 in wich a invisible unit (bug) keeps wandering
around. It's only visible on the Radar-screen.
best thing to do here is play the level again till it works.

Gid

Paul Rosin

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

In article <59p1mv$3...@pthp06.telecom.pt>

eusebio...@mail.telepac.pt <eusebio...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> >>I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective
> is
> >>to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing
> up
> >>the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
>
> >>every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
> Hi ! You're objective is to capture de Radar Dome, not destroy
> it, and then destroy every unit in the middle island.
> Hope this helps

No! That is the mission in Greece, that is later on. This is the really early
one. You do have to destroy the radar dome near the NW corner, and then they
tell you to kill everyone because then they can't call for reinforcements.
Just kill everyone like they say. Also, always read the text version of the
mission briefings. Thay often give away extra hints about how to solve the
mission.

Paul Rosin

rathapol...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2020, 3:04:38 AM6/13/20
On Tuesday, December 17, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Stephen Smith wrote:
> I'm on a Soviet mission (either #4 or #5) where my objective is
> to cut off communications. Well, I did that by finally blowing up
> the radar dome. Once I did that, I was instructed do destroy
> every enemy unit. Been there, done that!!
>
> I've blasted away EVERY building, (even the "nuetral" looking
> church in the small town) sandbag, civilian - EVERYTHING!!
> I've moved the cursor over the entire map, even over the trees
> thinking an obscure unit might be hiding out there, and it doesn't
> change into the targeting cursor.
>
> I just don't get it. Any ideas out there?
>
> Thanks,
> Sephen D. Smith
> dam...@hic.net

you can restart the mission. I think it is a bug

Ant

Jun 13, 2020, 10:47:00 PM6/13/20
Does it still happen in the Remastered Collection too? ;)
--
Life is so crazy! ..!.. *isms, sins, (d)evil, illness (e.g., COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2), deaths, heat waves, arsonists, out(r)ages, unlucky #4, 2020, etc. :(
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /

Elite remover

Sep 7, 2020, 12:05:06 PM9/7/20
damn this post is still alive after 24 years

Ant

Sep 8, 2020, 12:01:42 AM9/8/20
Elite remover <st0rm3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10:47:00 AM UTC+8, Ant wrote:
> > rathapol...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > you can restart the mission. I think it is a bug
> > Does it still happen in the Remastered Collection too? ;)

> damn this post is still alive after 24 years

Some servers still have very old ones from the 90s. ;)
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), interruptions, stresses, heat waves, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc.

Evyatar Cohen

Dec 4, 2023, 8:13:42 PM12/4/23
It's almost 2024 and it still happens lol

Ant

Dec 4, 2023, 8:39:30 PM12/4/23
:P
"For [the Father] has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..." --Colossians 1:13. 1st (slammy?) Sun. of Advent!