Daggerfall... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... what a peice of s%$t!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

FraGg DrAgoN

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

Well... a friend of mine went out and threw away $60 on
Buggerfall. After less than a week he offered to trade me for
Albion for a little while. I said sure why not. You know what?
I told everyone that the best bet would be to boycott Bethesda
and Daggerfall for their bullshit and now I can see I was 100%
correct! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Especially all the LE owners... I was one but as I had posted
here I cancelled my order and thank GOD for small favors. I have
never seen a more boring, ugly, stale peice of shit like this in
my entire life. I think I'll have to go and get infocom
treasures just to re-affirm my faith in Computer Gaming.
Some observations: I see nothing grand about the graphics
engine... The sound? I've heard better midi on the Daggerfall
web pages than actually exist in the game. The speed is horrible
(Mechwarrior2: Mercs with full options on runs smoother than
this over-hyped peice of shit, btw I have a p150, 32meg EDO, s3
VirGe based graphics card, and SBAWE 32). The TRULY interactive
3d world that bethesda01 flamed me for saying they wouldn't have
does NOT EXIST (like I said)!! And the logic in the game is
truly pathetic.. (go to so and so's store a tiger has gotten in.
it's in the same room as the shopkeeper and doesn't kill
him?!?!? What about the ever vigilant city guards that can get
into stores when I steal something but can't take care of a
simple tiger???? Gimme a fucking break!) Bureaus and shelves in
dungeons full of shit that you can't touch?!?!?! Shopkeepers I
can't kill?!?!?!?! What interactivity? Falling in a puddle while
walking through a courtyard? Placing a cage on the other side of
a door so you can not get in to the room and complete the
quests???? Monsters that sit "IN" the walls??? What are they
talking about needing a rope?? There is no rope!!!! At least not
that I've found.
Why would anyone buy a horse... buy a cart and you get a free
horse?!?!!? ETC ETC ETC.

Anyways... Don't get the wrong impression I am far from mad...
This is the funniest thing I have come across in a while (probly
cuz I didn't throw my money away :())

And to all the individuals whom have flamed me for predicting
that Daggerfall wouldn't live up to it's hype.... FUCK YOU!!!!!
Shoulda listened when you had the chance... HUH!
The same to Bethesda01 (If you are just one lying bastard c---
sucker, otherwise just to the one to whom the label fits) And
Bethesda hahahahahahahahahaaha I read you sold 100,000 copies
when it hit the streets... How many of those were returned? I
know a freind of mine at Comp-USA who said they had 37 returns
within the first 3 days and more were still coming
hahahahahaha!!!!
ROTFLMMFAO over buggerfall!!!!!!

FraGg
--
I'm just peachy Kate,
the world is my oyster.....

Aki

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

> Heeyyyyy, Lord Marcus! Whatta you doin' stealing my lines? "cognitive
> dissonance" eh? I posted the following a week ago (got a nice thread
> going to). But, that's MY line mate! And so I will post it again <G>:
>
> Anyone still playing Daggerfall despite problems, glitches, crashes,
> and bugs and then rationalizing that it is a good game despite the
> problems is suffering a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. People
> must convince themselves it was worth the cost or they cannot cope
> with the reality of the loss.
>
> Well, how many people REALLY are not happy with this game (But are
> saying they are). Hmmmm.....I'll start it off.
>
> I looked forward to it. I waited for it. I got the LE. I started it. I
> hated it. I picked it up again after 2 days and I liked it. AND THEN
> REALITY SET IN. After 4 days, this great feeling of EMPTINESS came
> over me (Just like in ARENA), and I finally admitted to myself (self,
> you are deluding yourself). THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!

Nuff of psychology. I just waited waited a week after I release for 50
bucks, waited for patch while 100's of people were whining, and I love
it. It messed up on me once, when it ran up a wall and forgot to fall
back down. You expected WAY too much from Daggerfall. Its role-playing,
your character has total freedom so you're not gonna have exciting stuff
happening every moving second. Only complaint I have is, it runs slow on
my 486. I think people complain of the most trivial things. Monster in
the wall? Good that's easy to kill. Occasional run-ins with a wall?
Reload. Turn off midi and it runs fine.
And, no, I'm not just deluding myself, I just happen to like it.

Lord Marcus Dracon

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

You are a true genius. You haven't been sucked in by this piss poor
excuse for a game. These cognitive dissonance sufferers have and they
are afraid to criticise a junk game, their zombie like adoration of this
game would form the basis for a great experiment in mass hysteria. The
mind controllers/ marketers at Bethesda must be laughing all the way to
the bank.

Joe Antol

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

On Wed, 09 Oct 1996 00:17:20 +1000, Lord Marcus Dracon
<mar...@wr.com.au> wrote:

>You are a true genius. You haven't been sucked in by this piss poor
>excuse for a game. These cognitive dissonance sufferers have and they
>are afraid to criticise a junk game, their zombie like adoration of this
>game would form the basis for a great experiment in mass hysteria. The
>mind controllers/ marketers at Bethesda must be laughing all the way to
>the bank.
>FraGg DrAgoN wrote:

<snip>

[...]

Next?

===============================
jan...@monmouth.com
http://www.monmouth.com/~jantol
===============================

G'day.

Joe <visit my Web Site too to see what I think of Micro$haft, Heh!>

===============================
jan...@monmouth.com
http://www.monmouth.com/~jantol
===============================

Todd Sinclair

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

jan...@monmouth.com (Joe Antol) wrote:

>I looked forward to it. I waited for it. I got the LE. I started it. I
>hated it. I picked it up again after 2 days and I liked it. AND THEN
>REALITY SET IN. After 4 days, this great feeling of EMPTINESS came
>over me (Just like in ARENA), and I finally admitted to myself (self,
>you are deluding yourself). THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!

Then take it back, sit down, AND SHUT UP. There's enough posts on
here as it is. Stop assuming everyone else hates it and only your
opinion is right. And do we really need to hear how much you hate it
over and over? Not really.. I hate Killer Instinct.. one of the
worst games ever made, IMHO.. but do I go ranting and raving about how
it sucks all the time? No.. I just dont play it.

In other words - if you dont like it, we really dont want to hear
about it, especially posts like the one above which are nothing more
than personal attacks on a differing opinion.

The Journeyer

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

On Wed, 09 Oct 1996 07:32:16 GMT, tod...@zephyrbbs.com (Todd Sinclair)
wrote:

To put it in a well spoken phrase, "Who died and made you God"?!! You
don't speak for me and I'm sure as hell you don't speak for everyone
else in this newsgroup.

If I was interested in purchasing a game, I'd be damned grateful to
hear the opinions of other people before I actually went out and
bought it.

Maybe you are tired of hearing about how much it sucks (Hmm..wondering
if you own DF) but everyone here has the right to voice their own
opinion and discuss anything pertaining to CRPGing. If you don't like
it then just kill the messages or ignore them.

No, maybe everyone doesn't hate it, but there certainly do seem to be
enough messages to suggest that a good deal of people find the game
disagreeable. And that being the case, maybe they would like to hear
what other people hated about the game.

Sit down, AND SHUT UP!!! yourself!!!

-TJ
*This message was brought to you by the Pro-Gripers* :P

Douglas J. Rener

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

>In other words - if you dont like it, we really dont want to hear
>about it, especially posts like the one above which are nothing more
>than personal attacks on a differing opinion.

But facts are facts- DaggerFall is a piece of &%#*!!!!!!

DLRapp

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

In article <53fhc2$4...@oracle.damerica.net>, tod...@zephyrbbs.com (Todd Sinclair) says:

>jan...@monmouth.com (Joe Antol) wrote:

>>I looked forward to it. I waited for it. I got the LE. I started it. I
>>hated it. I picked it up again after 2 days and I liked it. AND THEN
>>REALITY SET IN. After 4 days, this great feeling of EMPTINESS came
>>over me (Just like in ARENA), and I finally admitted to myself (self,
>>you are deluding yourself). THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!

>Then take it back, sit down, AND SHUT UP. There's enough posts on
>here as it is. Stop assuming everyone else hates it and only your
>opinion is right. And do we really need to hear how much you hate it
>over and over? Not really.. I hate Killer Instinct.. one of the
>worst games ever made, IMHO.. but do I go ranting and raving about how
>it sucks all the time? No.. I just dont play it.

>In other words - if you dont like it, we really dont want to hear

>about it, especially posts like the one above which are nothing more
>than personal attacks on a differing opinion.

If those who don't like the game should shut up, how about those who do?
Fair is fair. This newsgroup is cluttered up more by people saying inane
things in favor of the game; than against. The best solution, by your
standard, is that only posts that have something essential to say should
be here. That would cut down the clutter. Fat chance of that. We are
still going to have to put up with posts that do nothing more than
praise/flame DF, have subject lines without DF in it so you can't killfile
them or skip them (rude SOBs), and people getting way, way too upset over
someone expressing their honest dislike of a game.

Erik C. Johnson

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

<snip>

> To put it in a well spoken phrase, "Who died and made you God"?!! You
> don't speak for me and I'm sure as hell you don't speak for everyone
> else in this newsgroup.

But I think he speaks for a whole bunch of people in this newsgroup.

<big snip>

> Sit down, AND SHUT UP!!! yourself!!!

Actually, I agree with a lot of what he said. Sure, it's fine for
people to post their opinions on the game, both negative and positive.
But I believe he's talking about the same 10 or 15 people who posts
anywhere from 5 to 15 posts A DAY about how terrible Daggerfall is. I
think we heard ya the first time, then the second time, then the third
time, etc. This is one big reason there are around 300 post or more a
day on this newsgroup, and 70% of them are worthless posts with some
clown saying the same thing he has already said 500 times in the past
month. I'm into crpg's, so I really like this newsgroup, but it is
starting to suck wading through 300 messages just to find the 70 or so
that are legitimate post. So, basicly, Sit down and . . . ahhh forget
it

P.S.: This is all IMVHO, so don't feel the need to flame me for this
observation :)

Brian Rhees

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

Lord Marcus Dracon <mar...@wr.com.au> wrote in article
<325BB3...@wr.com.au>...

> Todd Sinclair wrote:
> >
> > jan...@monmouth.com (Joe Antol) wrote:

<clip>

> > Then take it back, sit down, AND SHUT UP. There's enough posts on
> > here as it is. Stop assuming everyone else hates it and only your
> > opinion is right. And do we really need to hear how much you hate it
> > over and over? Not really.. I hate Killer Instinct.. one of the
> > worst games ever made, IMHO.. but do I go ranting and raving about how
> > it sucks all the time? No.. I just dont play it.

<clip>

> Killer Instinct worse than Daggeryawn are you serious. Are you another
> disciple of cognitive dissonance. It will take Bethesda until Arena 64
> before they iron out all the bugs in Arena2, You bought the game and
> without your knowledge you immediately became an unpaid beta tester.

Just love your "cognitive dissonance" rave, though you might be a little
more credible if you a) wiped the foam from your lips or just b) considered
how ironic such an accusation sounds coming from an individual who returned
his copy and must therefore be trying to justify his decision, right? No
problem with bias, of course. ;)

So you don't like the game. Big deal. I liked the game enough, with bugs,
that I purchased the game *after* playing it for about 40 hours or so.
Granted, it would have been considerably better without the bugs, but its
still the sort of game I enjoy, so I shelled out the money. How even your
twisted concept of "cognitive dissonance" enters into that, I haven't the
foggiest.

So you're pissed at Bethesda. Don't buy their product. Blast away at
their bugs. Tell us all how much it annoyed you, etc. But don't expect us
to take your piss poor reasoning as gospel and then convert to your
"cognitive dissonance" cabal. If Daggerfall is your worst disappointment
in life, you're doing fine. Its a game. Find a new crusade.

-bri

Dave Scidmore

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

> I told everyone that the best bet would be to boycott Bethesda
> and Daggerfall for their bullshit and now I can see I was 100%
> correct! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm glad you have such a high opinion of your opinion. Are you always
right, at least in your own opinion?

> I have
> never seen a more boring, ugly, stale peice of shit like this in
> my entire life.

Never!!! Then you must lead a sheltered life (remember Windows 3.0).

> Anyways... Don't get the wrong impression I am far from mad...
> This is the funniest thing I have come across in a while (probly
> cuz I didn't throw my money away :())

You sound overjoyed. So happy you could just kill someone.

> And to all the individuals whom have flamed me for predicting
> that Daggerfall wouldn't live up to it's hype.... FUCK YOU!!!!!

Yup just as happy as a lark.
It's nice to know you went into this with an open mind.

> The same to Bethesda01 (If you are just one lying bastard c---
> sucker, otherwise just to the one to whom the label fits) And
> Bethesda hahahahahahahahahaaha I read you sold 100,000 copies
> when it hit the streets... How many of those were returned? I
> know a freind of mine at Comp-USA who said they had 37 returns
> within the first 3 days and more were still coming
> hahahahahaha!!!!
> ROTFLMMFAO over buggerfall!!!!!!

If everyone were has happy as you what a wonderful world this would be.

Bravo, such a helpful and enlightening post.

And besides gloating over your own estimate that you were right, the
purpose of your post would be....

Morgan Grey

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

Douglas J. Rener wrote:

>But facts are facts- DaggerFall is a piece of &%#*!!!!!!

But my facts aren't your facts. I like daggerfall.
You don't. So? Tastes differ, get used to it. I
probably like a lot of things you hate.

Morgan Grey

Dave Scidmore

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

> No, maybe everyone doesn't hate it, but there certainly do seem to be
> enough messages to suggest that a good deal of people find the game
> disagreeable.

Yes, it's amazing how many message three people can generate. Don't
confuse volume and strength of messages with numbers of people.

If you really want to know public opinion on any subject Usenet is
probably the last place to go. It is usualy populated by a few very
vocal and opinionated individuals (like me). If you want to find out
what people really think there are probably much better sources of
information (online magazines, game opinion polls, etc).

Joe Antol

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

Oh, you mean like what you said to me:

>Then take it back, sit down, AND SHUT UP.

Oh, OK, I'm going to SHUT UP because YOU tell me to.

NOT!

Regards...

Lord Marcus Dracon

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

Todd Sinclair wrote:

> jan...@monmouth.com (Joe Antol) wrote:
>
> >I looked forward to it. I waited for it. I got the LE. I started it. I
> >hated it. I picked it up again after 2 days and I liked it. AND THEN
> >REALITY SET IN. After 4 days, this great feeling of EMPTINESS came
> >over me (Just like in ARENA), and I finally admitted to myself (self,
> >you are deluding yourself). THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME!
>
> Then take it back, sit down, AND SHUT UP. There's enough posts on
> here as it is. Stop assuming everyone else hates it and only your
> opinion is right. And do we really need to hear how much you hate it
> over and over? Not really.. I hate Killer Instinct.. one of the
> worst games ever made, IMHO.. but do I go ranting and raving about how
> it sucks all the time? No.. I just dont play it.
>
> In other words - if you dont like it, we really dont want to hear
> about it, especially posts like the one above which are nothing more
> than personal attacks on a differing opinion.

Douglas Rener

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

>::YAWN:: I don't think so but the number of dubious posts
>from the same few people have shown me the way ...
>
>Looks .rpg doesn't need my attention since the
>majority of the posts are tripe.
>
>-Terry

Yeah go back to the 'alt.spinless.fag' newsgroup where you belong you
pompous freak.

Logan

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

I just went to my local Electronics boutique and Babbages to maybe get Mech
Mercenoaries (btw, haven't been to software store since DF game out, can't get
away from game). I asked the clerks if they had gotten tired of the DF returns
and to my surpirse they had only had 2 or 3 returns, due to people running it
on slow machines, not complaints about quality. So the posts in this groups
about high return rates are seemingly false. Just thought I would let the
gamers that love DF know they are the great majority not the minority as some
posters lead us to believe. Logan

liam darkfaer

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

heh

the return rate is pretty high here last i heard

i know i returned mine.

--
l...@ohio.ebay.sun.com

Lord Marcus Dracon

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:50:12 GMT, dre...@erols.com (Douglas Rener)
wrote:

Tumultous applause.

Victor Rios

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

You post and boast enough....

Please, almighty scholar and wise Lord Marcus Dragon, tell us of your
*PERSONAL* experiences playing the game. Hmm...but you haven't, have
you? So I guess all of us that have tried it and enjoyed it are
lemmings following blindly while you, a person who has never even played
the game but only agrees with people who have that do not like the game,
are not a blind follower?

I would reccomded that you try the game and, if you do not like it,
return it. However, your views are so clouded and tainted that I
already know what your reaction would be. Additionally, your post
indicate a person without power, intimidated by others, that resorts to
cluttering newsgroups with uninformed opinions to bring some sense of
power and control to an otherwise pathetic existance. All in all, I
would say you have a solid foundation as a sociopath who craves power
and recognition but can never achieve it in the real world.

Long rule Lord Marcus Dragon, Ruler of the CyberUniverse!!!!

All hail the CyberUniverse Ruler!!!

All await his next fifty postings in day that establishes his power and
superority!!!

HAILHAILHAIL!!!!

Your ever adoring subject,

Victor "Lowly CyberUniverse Peasant" Rios
vr...@andrew.cmu.edu

Erik C. Johnson

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

liam darkfaer wrote:
> heh
> the return rate is pretty high here last i heard
> i know i returned mine.

I've only seen 5 returns on this newsgroup so far (maybe I missed
some???), and since there are only about 10 people who continuously bash
the game, I expect to see about 5 more. By the way, the return rate for
Daggerfall is about the industry average (on the other hand, the selling
rate is WAY above the industry average)

Griffo Brothers, Inc

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

>Why not just ignore Lord Marcus Dracon (not Dragon)? It seems to me
>that he's having a lot of fun with his postings that are obvious flame
>baits. If he's ignored, maybe he'll go away ------ but then again,
>maybe not.

You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go along
with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
doesn't do Dracgon justice.

Any other suggestions?

Dick
jarv...@proaxis.com

Nai-Chi Lee

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

In article <53lt51$i...@news.proaxis.com>,
Griffo Brothers, Inc <sup...@griffobros.com> wrote:

>You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go along
>with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
>extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
>completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
>doesn't do Dracgon justice.
>
>Any other suggestions?

Something small, noisy, annoying but insignificant...

How about "bullfrog"?

But of course this is unfair to the game developer with the same name.
--
Nai-Chi
Famous anti-drug messages:

Sharon Mock

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

In article <53lt51$i...@news.proaxis.com>, sup...@griffobros.com (Griffo
Brothers, Inc) wrote:

> You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go along
> with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
> extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
> completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
> doesn't do Dracgon justice.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Sand fly.

An Australian insect which bites like a mosquito, except a) they itch
worse, and b) they itch longer. (I was itching for two weeks after
getting bitten...)

Tim Mcnair

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

I like the game a lot & I could live with the bugs. The way I judge a
game if it's selling well is by checking the net. There's hundreds of
new messages here everyday and if the return rate is high then the "keep"
rate is a hell lot higher. If noone's playing, then who's writing these
notes, right? It's just common sense. Since when was the last time a
game attracted this much notes on the net didn't sell well?

It's just makes me laugh when these "vengeful" individuals who got
frustrated with the game assume that the game & it's maker will doom to
bankrupcy simply because they returned their $45 software. Return it,
buy a different game & then go on with your lives.

Daria Thomas

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

Griffo Brothers, Inc wrote:
> You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go along
> with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
> extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
> completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
> doesn't do Dracgon justice.

Flea?

Erik C. Johnson

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

> Well, as far as extremely small, exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
> completely insignificant, how about one of those turds you just can't seem
> to pinch off while taking a crap?
>
> Bill

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been reading newsgroups for a couple of
years now, and this is by far the funniest post I have ever read. Maybe
it is a sad commentary I my admittedly warped sense of humor, but I just
can't stop laughing.

P.S.: I think you probably hit the nail on the head with this one!

William M. Lamper Jr.

ban...@whidbey.net

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

Victor Rios <vr...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>HAILHAILHAIL!!!!

>Your ever adoring subject,

Why not just ignore Lord Marcus Dracon (not Dragon)? It seems to me

that he's having a lot of fun with his postings that are obvious flame
baits. If he's ignored, maybe he'll go away ------ but then again,
maybe not.

ddj

John Alcock

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

dre...@erols.com (Douglas Rener) wrote:

>>::YAWN:: I don't think so but the number of dubious posts
>>from the same few people have shown me the way ...
>>
>>Looks .rpg doesn't need my attention since the
>>majority of the posts are tripe.
>>
>>-Terry

>Yeah go back to the 'alt.spinless.fag' newsgroup where you belong you
>pompous freak.

Is anyone else starting to notice that most (not all) of the con
posters are rude, obnoxious mental defectives like this twit, whereas
most of the pro's are reasonably polite, intelligent and articulate?
Does this begin to tell anybody anything?

Douglas Rener

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

>Is anyone else starting to notice that most (not all) of the con
>posters are rude, obnoxious mental defectives like this twit, whereas
>most of the pro's are reasonably polite, intelligent and articulate?
>Does this begin to tell anybody anything?

My posts have always started out with Daggerfall as the subject...
I have made fun of the GAME and the GAME ONLY. The messages have
gotten rude and obnoxious when Dickheads like yourself label me
"twit", and "rude".
Oh yeah, go F*ck yourself John

Dale Beaver

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

jal...@watson.ibm.com (John Alcock) wrote:

>dre...@erols.com (Douglas Rener) wrote:
>

>>>::YAWN:: I don't think so but the number of dubious posts
>>>from the same few people have shown me the way ...
>>>
>>>Looks .rpg doesn't need my attention since the
>>>majority of the posts are tripe.
>>>
>>>-Terry
>
>>Yeah go back to the 'alt.spinless.fag' newsgroup where you belong you
>>pompous freak.
>

>Is anyone else starting to notice that most (not all) of the con
>posters are rude, obnoxious mental defectives like this twit, whereas
>most of the pro's are reasonably polite, intelligent and articulate?
>Does this begin to tell anybody anything?

Sssshhhh! You'll disturb our lemming-like cognitive dissonance
pointing out such things, don't you realize that?

ban...@whidbey.net

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

mar...@wr.com.au (Lord Marcus Dracon) wrote:

>Welcome disciple. It is Dracon not Dragon and kneel when you enter
>the room

You gotta hand it to him. He really does have a sense of humor.

Richard Cortese

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

In article <01bb9f45$cccf0620$9b02e3c7@packard-bell>,

William M. Lamper Jr. <buck...@gate.net> wrote:
>Griffo Brothers, Inc <sup...@griffobros.com> wrote in article
><53lt51$i...@news.proaxis.com>...
>: >Why not just ignore Lord Marcus Dracon (not Dragon)? It seems to me

>: >that he's having a lot of fun with his postings that are obvious flame
>: >baits. If he's ignored, maybe he'll go away ------ but then again,
>: >maybe not.
>: You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go
>: with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
>: extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
>: completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
>: doesn't do Dracgon justice.
>: Any other suggestions?
>:
>: Dick
>: jarv...@proaxis.com
>:
>:
>
>Well, as far as extremely small, exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
>completely insignificant, how about one of those turds you just can't seem
>to pinch off while taking a crap?
>

>Bill
LOL!
But for the sake of brevity, how about sphincter<or sphineter?>?
with your conotation. Usage:
"This guy is nothing but a sphincter" or "What a sphincter"
Rick

limabone

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

What a hosehead. This guy should have been kept in the hosiptal/asylum
where he was hatched while his parents waited for the first patch to fix
his myriad bugs.

Too bad his parents weren't as pathetic as him and returned him to the
store after a few hours, or 'snapped [him] in half out of frustration'
as Lord Marcus claimed to do the day the game came out, even though he
appears to have bought the game again because he has new and improved
comments on the game.

limabone

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

Dale Beaver wrote:

> Sssshhhh! You'll disturb our lemming-like cognitive dissonance
> pointing out such things, don't you realize that?

Ugh cognitive dissonance has got to be the most overused scientific term
on the internet.

Martin Hibbs

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96
to Griffo Brothers, Inc

Griffo Brothers, Inc wrote:

> >Why not just ignore Lord Marcus Dracon (not Dragon)? It seems to me
> >that he's having a lot of fun with his postings that are obvious flame
> >baits. If he's ignored, maybe he'll go away ------ but then again,
> >maybe not.
> >

> You're right about the flame baits. I think we need a new term to go along

> with lurkers, trolls and flamers. It would be used to describe something
> extremely small, very noisy and exceptionally annoying, but in the end is
> completely insignificant. I was thinking about 'mosquito' but it really
> doesn't do Dracgon justice.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Dick
> jarv...@proaxis.com

Dragnats??

Marty...

Dale Beaver

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

limabone <li...@netcom.ca> wrote:

Not to mention the most inaccurately used one. Guess that's to
be expected, though; there are enough people with clues here that if
any term-droppers started braying about 'mega-wide SCSI hard floppy
with EIDE support' they would get toasted. Ahh, buzz-words. The bane
of reasoned, well thought out speech.

Todd Sinclair

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

jal...@watson.ibm.com (John Alcock) wrote:

>Is anyone else starting to notice that most (not all) of the con
>posters are rude, obnoxious mental defectives like this twit, whereas
>most of the pro's are reasonably polite, intelligent and articulate?
>Does this begin to tell anybody anything?

I'll bet you $20 that one of those people just mentioned will use it
as proof that daggerfall sucks...

Doug

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Dale Beaver wrote:

> Not to mention the most inaccurately used one. Guess that's to
> be expected, though; there are enough people with clues here that if
> any term-droppers started braying about 'mega-wide SCSI hard floppy
> with EIDE support' .....

I've gotta have one! Where can I find it, Best Buy?

--
Doug (do...@inlink.com)

__
"Gentleman, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

limabone

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Lord Marcus Dracon wrote:

> Get it right lemming. I have not bought the game I will never buy the
> game. Go back to school and learn to spell. Sorry attempt at a flame
> it was extinguished before it was even lit

Oooh spelling flame, how very drole. If you haven't bought the game
and will never buy it then shut the fuck up and go back to the Peacock
farm with your other three brothers and play duelling banjos til your
mom is ready for another kid.

Greg Schneider

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

>>Peacock
>>farm with your other three brothers and play duelling >>banjos til your
>>mom is ready for another kid.

Methinks I wasn't the only one who saw that last delightfully twisted
episode of the X-Files.

grundman

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Sounds exactly like your describing a fart . . .

Personally, I LIKE Marcus, he's a pot stirrer, and cheeky as all hell,
but I swear I can see him grinning as he types his shit, and he IS
knowledgable about a lot of games (although his personal vendetta
against Daggerfall is pretty high, I think his girlfriend left him for a
Bethesda programmer). If you really look at it, Marcus has created alot
of fun discussion's and threads here, and nobody has really gotten
insulting over it, which is different and refreshing.

And NO, I'm not Marcus Dragon in disguise,

I'M GRUNDMAN
--
"Anyone not wearing 2,000,000 sunblock is gonna
have a REAL BAD DAY!!" Sarah Conner, T2

keepdry

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Well after his Daggerfall nicknames here are a couple of Lord Marcus
nicknames.

Cockroach Marcus
Marcus Little Pathetic Lizard
Spineless faggot Marcus (excuses to all the enraged homo's out there)
Lard Marcus
I've Got No Social Live But I Own A Computer Marcus

Please add some more
--
B.E (or not to be)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ettema

American beer is like having sex in a boat..
Fucking close to water

Griffo Brothers, Inc <sup...@griffobros.com> wrote in article
<53lt51$i...@news.proaxis.com>...

keepdry

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Does your awnser to this polite message have to be so rude?
There are other ways to express yourself you know?

--

Douglas Rener <dre...@erols.com> wrote in article
<32601287...@news.erols.com>...

> >Is anyone else starting to notice that most (not all) of the con
> >posters are rude, obnoxious mental defectives like this twit, whereas
> >most of the pro's are reasonably polite, intelligent and articulate?
> >Does this begin to tell anybody anything?

keepdry

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Finally a post with some humor!
I suggest we just ignore lard Marcus so that he and his many alliasses will
go away.
A couple of posts ago he admitted never having played the game so all his
so called observations are bogus.

--
B.E (or not to be)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ettema

American beer is like having sex in a boat..
Fucking close to water

Victor Rios <vr...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in article
<0mLXA2C00...@andrew.cmu.edu>...

Corey

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:54:59 -0700, "Erik C. Johnson"
<ecj...@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> wrote:

>liam darkfaer wrote:
>> heh
>> the return rate is pretty high here last i heard
>> i know i returned mine.
>
>I've only seen 5 returns on this newsgroup so far (maybe I missed
>some???), and since there are only about 10 people who continuously bash
>the game, I expect to see about 5 more. By the way, the return rate for
>Daggerfall is about the industry average (on the other hand, the selling
>rate is WAY above the industry average)

Hmmm.....sounds just like OUTPOST from Sierra. We all remember what
a stinker that game was and they claimed the same statistics. Nice
try.

slink

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

cbu...@compuscrewu.com (Corey) wrote:

Of course, there's also the fact that the game is expensive and
there's been some postings from people who want to know how the apply
the update without the CD . . . Odd how you could lose such a thing
in only a couple of weeks.

Sandra (I still have Outpost, too, so maybe my judgement is screwy)

DamonParn

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Daggerfall isn't a terrible game. It's actually pretty good. But:
1. The graphics generally aren't that great. Water, great in Arena, now
sucks.
2. The conversation engine forgot something: conversation.
3. More bugs than an ant farm. More crashes than a derby.
Need I add any more?

Maxfield F Stewart

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

DamonParn (damo...@aol.com) wrote:
: Daggerfall isn't a terrible game. It's actually pretty good. But:

4. LSD induced Dungeons

Jim

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

I just don't get the criticisms of DF I see so often on here. I remember
thinking as a senior in high school (1977) that pong was damn near magical.
I've played more video games since then than I can count. This game is
absolutely the best.

Most games do the thinking and the creating for player; they force certain
results, as in Betrayal of Krondor, for example. If you want the the
typical game with a sequential plot line that must be followed, DF is not
for you.

DF's open ended nature allows me to use *my* imagination to develop
characters that are interesting to *me*. What other game lets me create a
unique character and then gives me a world to inhabit?

The bugs will be worked out, the game will advance and I'll stand in line
for every version that emerges from Bethesda.

I'm in awe of this game!

DamonParn <damo...@aol.com> wrote in article
<54p3kp$s...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>...

Rob

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

Jim <jn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<01bbc280$7d32bc20$2eea...@crc3.concentric.net>...

Good point Jim, as a programmer, I agree.

rob

Joshua Io

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

damo...@aol.com (DamonParn) wrote:

>Daggerfall isn't a terrible game. It's actually pretty good. But:
>1. The graphics generally aren't that great. Water, great in Arena, now
>sucks.
>2. The conversation engine forgot something: conversation.
>3. More bugs than an ant farm. More crashes than a derby.
>Need I add any more?

This probably is a good time for me to say, also, that the game itself
isn't too bad. (I've complained about it plenty.) The graphics are
dated, sure, but who really cares about that? However, the bugs--the
clipping problems, the spotty performance with maps, the assertions in
the README file that are just plain incorrect, the bugs involving
stats (at one point I had a character actually start to go BACKWARD in
levels), the fundamental problems with syntax and grammar--these are
what really lower the quality of the product and suggest what must not
be true, given the amount of time, money, and effort that must have
been involved in the project: carelessness in its preparation. It's
that issue which mystifies me and reeks of unprofessional project
management.

euclid

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

Excellent, Lord Marcus Dracon! Nobility should not tolerate
lack of deference.

mar...@wr.com.au (Lord Marcus Dracon) wrote:

:Welcome to another disciple

:On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:40:33 GMT, ban...@whidbey.net wrote:

:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>

Robert Lang

Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96

po...@tiac.net (Joshua Io) wrote:

>damo...@aol.com (DamonParn) wrote:

Whoa. They may have taken on too much too fast, but nothing but a
professional could have gotten as far as they did. Also, it is not
that they walked away from it as others have done. I am especially
impressed to see Bethesda (Don) hanging out here on the net answering
questions, apologizing for errors, and trying to fix them.

I have had my share of frustrations with TES but it is still the
complexity and creativity standard by which others will be judged. I
suspect you have not managed a complex project with time and budget
constraints -- not meant as a flame but as an observation. Someone
somewhere always screws up something if the project is big enough.
Look around at airports and the Hubble Telescope and on and on.

RAL

John Webb

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Very well said Jim. I think too often we tend to focus on the annoying
bugs instead of the amazingly rich and complex world we have been given
to play in. Kudos to Bethesda for pushing the envelope of CRPG games.
Keep them coming guys, and we'll keep buying them.

jarvinen

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

>Having participated in software development projects at every level
>from peon to honcho, let me tell you that "professional" project
>management is rare at best.
((whole bunch of snipping going on...)

>Since then I have learned that this is the natural state of things.
>Software can be written Good, Fast, or Cheap, of which you can choose
>any two (And guess which two get chosen 99.9999% of the time).

Wow! I've had days like that, too. That's when I look out the window and envy
the guys holding the stop signs in construction zones.

We also had the "Good, Fast, Cheap -- Pick any two" rule at HP when I was
there. Since then, I've come up with a new Pick Any Two Rule: "Good,
Software, Lawyer."

Dick
jarv...@proaxis.com

Fred Quattrone

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

Daggerfall is the Only game in which I ran into a man named Cristina!

Robert Lang <rla...@mail.idt.net> wrote in article
<5511b0$c...@News.IDT.NET>...

John Hart

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

Kudos to Bethesda for pushing the envelope of CRPG
>games.=20

and just what envelope have they been pushing. Skill improving from
use like Darklands or a huge game world like Darklands, semi- random
quests like Darklands, or a gratuitous number of bugs just like
Darklands

slink

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

MrDr...@msn.com (John Hart) wrote:

Strictly in my own opinion, for creating a game that makes me feel
like I'm really living there, inside the screen. As far as character
advancement and battle mechanics, it's got elements similar to AD&D,
Darklands, and Wizardy VII just to name the ones I've played. I'm
sure other games have variations on the same. It's the small, added
details to living in the game of Daggerfall that delight me, plus the
responsivness of the interface. If details of daily life bore someone
in either books or games, or if subtle touches pass them by, then
Daggerfall will not have any functional advantages to that person over
the previous similar games. So I guess what I'm appreciating is the
form as well as the function.

I'm aware that games such as Doom & Co. have a similar interface, but
it's hard for me to admire the scenery when the name of the game is to
rush from A to B and kill everything in between while they try to kill
me. Doom is the evolutionary descendent of PacMan, which is not a bad
thing to be if what the player wants is a very realistic arcade game.
In that light, Daggerfall is the perhaps evolutionary descendent of
Hack?

Sandra