U7pt2 loose ends (spoiler)

Lynn Johannesen

May 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/28/95
I've finally finished U7.5 but there's a few places I couldn't
get into. Can you help? (Spoilers)

1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
couldn't get in there.

2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in
Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)

3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.
The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
the North, and maybe others.

4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

Replies appreciated.

Jeremy A. Gaudet

May 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/28/95
In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) says:

>I've finally finished U7.5 but there's a few places I couldn't
>get into. Can you help? (Spoilers)
>

>1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
>room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
>couldn't get in there.

The only treasure room I can think of is where the Helm of Courage was. Are
you referring to a different one?

>2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in
>Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)

You don't.

>3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.
>The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
>blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
>Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
>the North, and maybe others.

You don't.

>4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
>where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

Not that I know of. Does it show up on the map in the game?

>Replies appreciated.

.--. _____________________
/./\ \ (____________________(_)
| | | | | ||
| | |.| | Shrapnel Dragon ||
|\._____\ \/ /_____./| | -==(UDIC)==- ||
< . _____ .<> _____ > |-------------------||
|/~ ~\ /~ ~\| | Jeremy A Gaudet ||
|. | | jga...@direct.ca ||
| | | ||
| .| |___________________||
|. | (____________________(_)
/ .. \
/.. ..\
~~\. /~~ Iolo! Quick, the Avatar is being attacked!
\/ Oh, hey... is that a TAVERN over there?

- Sir Dupre

Lynn Johannesen

May 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/29/95
Jeremy A. Gaudet (jga...@Direct.CA) wrote:

: In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) says:
: >
: >I've finally finished U7.5 but there's a few places I couldn't
: >get into. Can you help? (Spoilers)
: >
: >1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
: >room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
: >couldn't get in there.

: The only treasure room I can think of is where the Helm of Courage was. Are
: you referring to a different one?

Yes. Perhaps "treasure room" is not accurate, since I don't know
what's in there, but there seem to be a lot of boxes and barrels.
The room in question is on the same level as the vault with the Helm
(and the north exit), farther south. When going south from the
north exit, you would normally take the southern passage out of the
room with the bats, to get to the stairs. There's a northern
passage that leads to a statue of a liche guarding a chessboard with
a wand on it. The room in question is visible south of that northern
passage, but I can't get into it.

: >2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in

: >Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)
: You don't.

Well, some other way into those passages then? There seems to be a
fairly extensive network behind those doors.

: >3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.

: >The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
: >blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
: >Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
: >the North, and maybe others.

: You don't.

: >4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
: >where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

: Not that I know of. Does it show up on the map in the game?

The areas do, yes.

s.c.sprong

May 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/29/95
In article <3qa97e$9...@stud.Direct.CA>, jga...@Direct.CA (Jeremy A. Gaudet) says:

>In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) says:

[snip]

>>1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
>>room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
>>couldn't get in there.

If I recall correctly this is a secret storeroom of the trappers. I think you
can find some traps, magic arrows and similar junk. If you really *must* know
how to get there, I will try to formulate it as good as I can (no laughs):

-The trappers are in the Northern Forest, near the location of the Forest
Master. Go north towards the mountain range and find the big red tree that is
growing very close to the mountains, almost growing into the mountains.
That is the secret entrance to the storeroom.

About secret places:
Have you found the lightning whip in the gold mine yet? :)
Have you discovered the secret wall in the seminarium yet? :(
Have you found the secret areas in the Mountains of Freedom? :(

>>2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in
>>Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)

You don't have to. But if you cheat and teleport into that area you will find
a stairs going down and at that place the game will crash and die horribly.

>>3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.
>>The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
>>blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
>>Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
>>the North, and maybe others.

If you have to go through you can always pick up the debris, or evade it.
If this is not possible, you don't have to go there (there is nothing
of interest there. Been There, Done That, etc.).

>>4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
>>where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

Been There, Done That, nothing to report sir.

the Dragon of No-Dragon*
Servaas Sprong

(*I'm not connected to alt.worship.ultima, though I wish I would)

David Ralph

May 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/29/95
Jeremy A. Gaudet (jga...@Direct.CA) wrote:
: In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) says:
: >
: >I've finally finished U7.5 but there's a few places I couldn't
: >get into. Can you help? (Spoilers)
: >
: >
: >
: >1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure

: >room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
: >couldn't get in there.

: The only treasure room I can think of is where the Helm of Courage was. Are

: you referring to a different one?

This room can only be accessed via another cave located in the
great northern Forest. It's hidden well. Behind a tree I think. Just
Follow that range of mountains.

: >2) How do you get through the southern

set of big brass doors in
: >Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)

: You don't.

: >3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.

: >The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
: >blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
: >Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
: >the North, and maybe others.

: You don't.

: >4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula

: >where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

: Not that I know of. Does it show up on the map in the game?

: >Replies appreciated.
As for the other stuff I don't know.

Die Well, My Friend \ * / "New Orleans is Sinking,
Dracothraxus \*/ Man, And I Don't
David R. Ralph X Wanna Swim."
--==(UDIC)==-- /*\ -Gordon Downie
dra...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca / * \ -The Tragically Hip

mar...@ubaclu.unibas.ch

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95
In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) writes:
> Jeremy A. Gaudet (jga...@Direct.CA) wrote:
> : In article <lynnjD9...@netcom.com>, ly...@netcom.com (Lynn Johannesen) says:
> : >
> : >I've finally finished U7.5 but there's a few places I couldn't
> : >get into. Can you help? (Spoilers)
> : >
> : >1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
> : >room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
> : >couldn't get in there.
>
> : The only treasure room I can think of is where the Helm of Courage was. Are
> : you referring to a different one?
>
> Yes. Perhaps "treasure room" is not accurate, since I don't know
> what's in there, but there seem to be a lot of boxes and barrels.
> The room in question is on the same level as the vault with the Helm
> (and the north exit), farther south. When going south from the
> north exit, you would normally take the southern passage out of the
> room with the bats, to get to the stairs. There's a northern
> passage that leads to a statue of a liche guarding a chessboard with
> a wand on it. The room in question is visible south of that northern
> passage, but I can't get into it.
>
> : >2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in
> : >Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)
> : You don't.
> Well, some other way into those passages then? There seems to be a
> fairly extensive network behind those doors.
>
> : >3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.
> : >The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
> : >blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
> : >Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
> : >the North, and maybe others.
>
> : You don't.
>
> : >4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
> : >where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?
>
> : Not that I know of. Does it show up on the map in the game?
> The areas do, yes.

Well, maybe somone out there that has still installed the game could use the
hackmover (I can`t, my disks have gone bad, and I haven`t gotten around to
exchanging them for the Complete CD) and tell us what`s to be found behind all
those obstacles. Maybe this would be a clue how to get there, if we knew if
they corresponded to any part in the plot.

Duke Luke of Moorkh

Octarine Dragon
-==UDIC==-

Nan Wang

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95
Lynn Johannesen (ly...@netcom.com) wrote:

: 1) In the cave leading to the goblin camp you can see a treasure
: room off to one side (south of the corridor you're in), but I
: couldn't get in there.

Well, search the mountain carefully, the entrance is concealed by a tree.

: 2) How do you get through the southern set of big brass doors in
: Skullcrusher? (through the building with all the little fires)

I don't think you can open those doors.

: 3) At various places there's piles of debris that block you.
: The Silver Seed trick of attacking them doesn't work, nor does
: blowing them up. How can you get through? This happens in the
: Monitor catacombs, Skullcrusher maze, Gantt's tomb in the cave to
: the North, and maybe others.

Don't know.

: 4) The map shows grassy areas at the north end of the peninsula
: where you started, also south and east of Furnace. Any way in there?

Not sure about this either.

Andy

: Replies appreciated.