G R I M O I R E I S C O M I N G S U M M E R 2 0 0 2

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 23, 2002, 6:41:50 AM4/23/02
Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)

www.grimoire.com.au

marcus

Apr 23, 2002, 7:38:26 AM4/23/02
Excellent. I'll be happy to see this one finally come out. I might be
wrapped up in Morrowind when it does ship though ;)

magus kent

Apr 23, 2002, 7:44:02 AM4/23/02
cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The Real One) wrote in

> Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)
>
> www.grimoire.com.au

Glad to hear it Cleve...unless you're still stringing us along. And Wiz 8,
while not the best, still had the flavor of the Wizardry series. I can
only give accolades to Sir Tech on the game especially when it has become
the company's swan song. Unbelievable support (on the boards and via
email) with patches from a company that was no longer 'there'. All
companies should take note as the standard to be attained. Not like Pool
of Radiance. Looking forward to Grimoire to be as good as Wiz8, if not as
good as Wiz7...m

Gordon Lipford

Apr 23, 2002, 8:00:54 AM4/23/02
Cleve (the real one, as opposed to his alter ego, Titanium Head
Blakemore, or his other alter ego, Tex Mex), posted this:

> Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)
>
> www.grimoire.com.au

And I thought, hey, maybe he's updated the site again, saying how
he's redoing the graphics for the LAST, REALLY LAST, NO WAY IS HE
DOING THEM AGAIN, WITH W00T 3L1tE NEW ARTISTS WHO WORKED FOR KING
GEORGE THE THIRD, time.

But all I got was this (HTML removed for consideration):
Not Found

The requested URL /styles.css was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.14 Ben-SSL/1.41 Server at www.grimoire.com.au Port 80

Cleve, I'm sure it wasn't your intention to do this, but man
did it ever give me my morning smile!

Cheers,

Gordon

Memnoch

Apr 23, 2002, 11:47:54 AM4/23/02

It worked here. I'm not very impressed with the graphics though. This looks
little better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga. Not that that is inherently a
bad thing but you'd think we would want to move on, no?

Damocles

Apr 23, 2002, 11:53:06 AM4/23/02

"Memnoch" <mem...@nospamforme.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> It worked here. I'm not very impressed with the graphics though. This
looks
> little better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga. Not that that is
inherently a
> bad thing but you'd think we would want to move on, no?

You must be a bongo beating Mexican to say such a thing, or at least a
Marxist Canadian lackey.

Mark Morrison

Apr 23, 2002, 12:23:05 PM4/23/02
On 23 Apr 2002 03:41:50 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore
The Real One) wrote:

>Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)

Morrowind ?

And what's with all the carrots ?

Viđrar Vel Til Loftárása

Apr 23, 2002, 12:52:05 PM4/23/02
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:47:54 +0100, Memnoch
<mem...@nospamforme.ntlworld.com> wrote:
[snip]

>It worked here. I'm not very impressed with the graphics though. This looks
>little better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga. Not that that is inherently a
>bad thing but you'd think we would want to move on, no?

i don't think that the point of this game is graphics. Gameplay is the
issue and if it lives up to what it claims, then i'll be sure to have
a go at it.
i think he is purposefully trying to emulate the feel of the old-style
RPGs, which do not require flashy graphics, but perhaps opens himself
up to more criticism if the plot and gameplay is not up to par.
frankly, it's a personal preference issue, i am willing to sacrifice
flashy graphics for a good game, especially one created with limited
resources (e.g. Grimoire and Devil Whiskey). there are many who feel
the same, and i think that we are the audience, not *all* the RPGers.

Viđrar Vel Til Loftárása

Apr 23, 2002, 12:53:04 PM4/23/02
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:23:05 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdp...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On 23 Apr 2002 03:41:50 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore
>The Real One) wrote:
>
>>Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)
>>
>Morrowind ?

This is the game that has me on the edge of my seat, waiting. if this
lives up to 50% of the hype it will be an excellent game.

Knight37

Apr 23, 2002, 12:59:10 PM4/23/02
The Devil made cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The Real One) write:

> Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)

Ten years later? You mean 2012?

--

Knight37

I can't imagine this being worse than it is, short of causing me physical
harm.
-- John Capriotti on csipg.action in reference to WWII Online

Gordon Lipford

Apr 23, 2002, 2:25:24 PM4/23/02

Memnoch wrote:
> >But all I got was this (HTML removed for consideration):
> >Not Found
> >
> >The requested URL /styles.css was not found on this server.
> >

> >Apache/1.3.14 Ben-SSL/1.41 Server at www.grimoire.com.au Port 80

> It worked here.

Suspecting it might be my aging browser on this aging machine
(Netscape 4.73), I tried on a different box with Opera 6.01.

Worked fine - it seems the joke is on me, as I thought NS4.7x
understood style sheets.

My apologies to Cleve, except for the dig about artists - he's
had the art redone so many times now it's almost comical. Hopefully
the end result is worth it.

Cheers,

Gordon

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 23, 2002, 5:00:58 PM4/23/02
"Damocles" <phae...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ROFL!

My favorite quote from the website? "I have almost no formal education of any
kind."

No shit.

Axolotl

Apr 23, 2002, 8:12:02 PM4/23/02
>Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)
>
>www.grimoire.com.au

Hey, July is Aussie W I N T E R! Do you *really* live in Australia? ;)

Ax
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~sraffa

Falkentyne

Apr 24, 2002, 12:27:28 AM4/24/02
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:47:54 +0100, Memnoch
<mem...@nospamforme.ntlworld.com> enlightened us by scribbling this
gem of wisdom:

>It worked here. I'm not very impressed with the graphics though. This looks
>little better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga. Not that that is inherently a
>bad thing but you'd think we would want to move on, no?

Arx Fatalis will eat this game for dinner...

Ok, I don't mind the graphics if the gameplay is all right...hell, I'd
go play some unfinished RPGs on the C64 emulator (i lost my C128 ><)
if I had the time to....

I don't know if this can hold a candle to Vogel's games, though...and
Vogel doesn't take 5 years to release another Exile game.

Somebody set up us the bomb
All your base are belong to us

-Falkentyne Dragon

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 24, 2002, 7:57:33 AM4/24/02
"Martin Scriblerus" <cpr...@buucj.com> wrote in message news:<eYjx8.40296$CH....@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>...

> ROFL!
>
> My favorite quote from the website? "I have almost no formal education of any
> kind."
>
> No shit.

I actually have two years of college, which I am deeply ashamed of. I
don't want anybody to think I can't read or write or that I'm some
kind of incredible blathering moron just because I have had the
misfortune of accidentally attending one of these marxist reeducation
camps for a short period.

Favorite quotes from my teachers ...

Psychology Class:

"You can all ignore Mr. Blakemore and his claims that homosexuality is
genetic in origin. All gender and sexual orientation is a personal
lifestyle chosen consciously and anybody who says different is some
sort of pathological authoritarian type."

"Ha, that's very amusing, Cleve. Apparently Mr. Blakemore believes
that women choose motherhood because millions of years of evolution
have tailored their personalities to make them especially suited to
child rearing. The truth is that forcing women to play with Barbies
when they are little is what gives rise to feminine behavioural
identification. You never fail to keep our interest though, Cleve,
keep all up your crazy pseudoscientific theorizing."

Pascal Class:

"Now that's funny! For those of you that missed that, Cleve just
claimed that in ten years there will be a gigantic international
network that connects all computers together seamlessly and that a
common language will be used that will probably be byte compiled on
some kind of virtual machine that will run on any platform. Cleve,
that's Buck Rogers stuff, I think we can safely say that RS232 will
remain the dominant standard for phone communications for at least the
next two decades. Let's try to stick to reality, okay?"

History Class:

"Cleve, I have to tell you, I think if you really believe that a
nuclear war is inevitable during the next twenty years, you should
maybe go to live at the North Pole or Australia, young man. I don't
think it is healthy to dwell on such things. Coupled with your
incessant claims that the communists won the Cold War and conquered
our society from within I'd have to question your mental well being.
Everybody knows that our society has in fact changed very little since
the 1950s and even if it has it is all due to the pernicious influence
of imperialist capitalist running-dogs and their evil corporations."

"Mr. Blakemore, why do you keep insisting that the greatest
destabilizing threat will be from the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism?
At this time, the Middle East is hardly a threat to the United States
and if it was, how would Islamic birthrates possibly pose a menace to
the West ... Haha, I mean, it is not as if we are going to throw open
our borders and let them all in during the next ten years!
HAAHAHAAHAHa! Yes, maybe Europe will be flooded with Muslims despite
their strict immigration policies and swamped overnight by the Islamic
Hordes!! Sure, that's likely! Oh, that's hilarious! So I guess France
will be overpowered by millions of Islamics in the year 2001!! Right!!
Hahahahaha!!Class, let's give a hand to Mr. Blakemore and his
outlandish prophetic visions of the future, he's truly beyond the pale
in terms of paranoid right wing!!HAAHAHAHAHA"

Biology Class:

"Now, if I understand you correctly, Cleve, what you are insisting is
that many of the new diseases like Legionaires are in fact merely
variants on existing bugs that have grown super strong from repeated
exposure to antibiotics in their general environment. That's pretty
far out stuff. I don't think you're a medical expert and it is
probably not your place to theorize about such things, you lack the
necessary education. Among the other diseases you've blamed on
bacteria or viruses, you have even said that ulcers are probably
caused by an as yet undiagnosed bug in the stomach that eats away at
the stomach lining. Interesting, Cleve, but we can all be certain that
if such a thing was true that bug would have been discovered long ago.
Think of all the millions spent on ulcer palliative research and
medication? Do you honestly believe the experts could have overlooked
such a thing? Cleve, your pseudoscientific rambling is simply the
confused attempts of an amateur in a field that is delegated to
experts."

I can't believe I spent 24 months with these airheads. I never met a
teacher in college smart enough to deserve to get down on his knees
and shine my boots for me.

Memnoch

Apr 24, 2002, 9:54:57 AM4/24/02
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 04:27:28 GMT, Falkentyne <falke...@NOSPAMbigmailbox.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:47:54 +0100, Memnoch
><mem...@nospamforme.ntlworld.com> enlightened us by scribbling this
>gem of wisdom:
>

>>It worked here. I'm not very impressed with the graphics though. This looks
>>little better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga. Not that that is inherently a
>>bad thing but you'd think we would want to move on, no?
>
>Arx Fatalis will eat this game for dinner...
>
>Ok, I don't mind the graphics if the gameplay is all right...hell, I'd
>go play some unfinished RPGs on the C64 emulator (i lost my C128 ><)
>if I had the time to....

Agree with you on this one. I know that graphics aren't everything but why
can't we have both? Some people use the graphics aspect as a way to defend a
game that should have been better.

Mark Morrison

Apr 24, 2002, 10:25:20 AM4/24/02
On 23 Apr 2002 11:53:04 -0500, Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
<Starálfur@Loftárása.nospam> wrote:

Excellent ?

It'd better be - I've just spent £120 on a fucking GeForce 3 Ti !

madkevin

Apr 24, 2002, 10:29:46 AM4/24/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

> "Martin Scriblerus" <cpr...@buucj.com> wrote in message
> >
> > ROFL!
> >
> > My favorite quote from the website? "I have almost no formal education of any
> > kind."
> >
> > No shit.
>
> I actually have two years of college, which I am deeply ashamed of. I
> don't want anybody to think I can't read or write or that I'm some
> kind of incredible blathering moron just because I have had the
> misfortune of accidentally attending one of these marxist reeducation
> camps for a short period.
>
> Favorite quotes from my teachers ...

I believe those quotes about as much as I believe that Grimoire will be a good game.
And no less.

Kevin "University Graduate, Natch" Cogliano

Dave

Apr 24, 2002, 11:03:31 AM4/24/02
> I actually have two years of college, which I am deeply ashamed of. I
> don't want anybody to think I can't read or write or that I'm some
> kind of incredible blathering moron just because I have had the
> misfortune of accidentally attending one of these marxist reeducation
> camps for a short period.
>
> Favorite quotes from my teachers ...

<unbelievable quotes snipped>

I'll bet you invented the Internet as well.

- Dave

http://www.usenet.com

James Garvin

Apr 24, 2002, 11:14:02 AM4/24/02
Dave wrote:

> <unbelievable quotes snipped>
>
> I'll bet you invented the Internet as well.

Man are you stupid...everyone knows it was Al Gore jeez... ;-)
--
James Garvin
bo...@nmt.edu

-----BEGIN BOOT'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/B/H !d s+:+@ a-@ C++>++++ UL++ P+ L++>++++ E++ W--@ N++ o+ K---
w++
O- M-- V-- PS+ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t+(++) 5-- X++ R++>$ tv b+ DI+++ D++
G e+>+++ h--- r+++ y+++ A09 H+++>* P+++
------END BOOT'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Olaf

Apr 24, 2002, 11:26:10 AM4/24/02
Do you and Derek Smart have some kind of contest going? If so, who is
winning?

olaf

Lucian Wischik

Apr 24, 2002, 11:33:38 AM4/24/02
Cleve Blakemore The Real One <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
>Favorite quotes from my teachers ...

Here are a few that Cleve, out of modesty, failed to include:

Physics

"You think that the presence of a mass actually distorts the very fabric
of space and time in its neighbourhood? And that accelerating a body to
near the speed of light can alter its subjective experience of time? Now
I've heard of global conspiracies, Cleve, but this -- ha ha -- "galactic
conspiracy" of yours is just ridiculous!"

"You claim, Cleve, that this small lump of metal can somehow cause an
explosion? Based on something you call radioactivity? I can assure you in
no uncertain terms that this 'gadget' of yours will never explode."

Biology

"A drug to cure a wide range of diseses? And you believe you can extract
it from the mould that grows inside mouldy melons? Ridiculous, Mr
Blakemore, simply ridiculous."

Evolution

"A suggestion that our species should evolve the ability to form sounds
out of our mouths and use them in some bizarre way for communication!
Quite a fancy you have there, Mr Blakemore! I can assure the rest of the
class that homo erectus will be using our mouths only for eating for the
next five millenia, just as for the past five."

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

James Garvin

Apr 24, 2002, 11:51:33 AM4/24/02
Olaf wrote:

> Do you and Derek Smart have some kind of contest going? If so, who is
> winning?

*pulls out flame proof underwear* WOO!!! A Cleve/Derek Flamewar!!!

Mark Morrison

Apr 24, 2002, 12:57:34 PM4/24/02
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:29:46 -0400, "madkevin" <madk...@golden.net>
wrote:

Did you read the bit where he invented the internet ?

madkevin

Apr 24, 2002, 1:00:12 PM4/24/02

"Mark Morrison" <drdp...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Did you read the bit where he invented the internet ?

The fools! One day, they'll proclaim his genius! He'll show them! HE'LL SHOW THEM
ALL!!!!

There's been talk about what you would pay for on the internet and what you wouldn't.
I would pay for a site that was simply an endless, ongoing flame-war between Cleve
and Derek Smart. One day a week, the forum would be open to the regular public so
that they could post stuff to fan the flames, but the rest would be Cleve vs. Derek,
all day, all the time.

I guarantee that would be about a million times more entertaining than playing any
game these two knuckleheads ever come up with. And I should know, because when I was
in university, I invented the abstract concept of the money-back guarantee. Here's
the quote from an "actual" professor:

"Mr. Cogliano, your concepts are quaint, but insane. Imagine a capitalist society
where money would be given BACK to unsatisfied consumers! Preposterous. Perhaps you
should brush up on your reading of every single word written in any human language
over the past ten thousand years before making such an absurdist claim. Now put that
dunce cap on and stand in the corner next to Cleve."

Kevin "It Could Have Happened" Cogliano

Dave

Apr 24, 2002, 1:51:27 PM4/24/02
"James Garvin" <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote in message

> Dave wrote:
> >
> > <unbelievable quotes snipped>
> >
> > I'll bet you invented the Internet as well.
>
> Man are you stupid...everyone knows it was Al Gore jeez... ;-)

Heh, maybe Al stole the idea from Cleve. They're both such
bright, clever individuals! <G>

Scharmers

Apr 24, 2002, 3:43:07 PM4/24/02
cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The Real One) wrote in message news:<181db1cb.0204...@posting.google.com>...

> Ten years later, Wizardry 7 has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Wizardry 8)
>
> www.grimoire.com.au

Derek, is that you?

"Ten years later, First Encounters has a contender. (Hint - It isn't Freelancer)"

:D

--scharmers
--Who thinks Wiz8 is a very fine piece of work, thank you.

toolstech

Apr 24, 2002, 9:38:59 PM4/24/02

"Mark Morrison" <drdp...@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:29:46 -0400, "madkevin" <madk...@golden.net>
> wrote:

> >I believe those quotes about as much as I believe that Grimoire will be a
good game.
> >And no less.
> >
> Did you read the bit where he invented the internet ?
>
> --

Wait? You mean Cleve is really Al Gore?

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 24, 2002, 11:02:24 PM4/24/02
"madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message news:<Kkzx8.15049$eV.17...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

> I believe those quotes about as much as I believe that Grimoire will be a good game.
> And no less.
>
> Kevin "University Graduate, Natch" Cogliano

You poor feebleminded pinhead, why don't you do a search for my
writing on Usenet over the past five years and see a couple of dozen
uncannily accurate predictions posted here? I actually know more about
the workings of your tiny primate brain than you do - I also predicted
that none of you would be able to remember any of these predictions
when I was making them. Amazing how much I know about you that you
don't know about yourself, isn't it?

"Islamic terrorists will start with New York City and work their way
across the entire country during the next decade destroying one city
after another. Combined with the unlimited immigration from the third
world I figure the United States has about 5 years left of integrity
as a nation before it really begins to peel apart at the seams.
Chances are the first to go will be the World Trade Center or the
Empire State Building, after that you'll see them bring down the Sears
Towers, the Space Needle and maybe the Statue of Liberty. The
psychological effect alone on the nation will cripple America
economically and dry up all investment for fear of what the future
holds. Before Red China delivers the coup de grace with the missile
technology they were given by Clinton, the people of the U.S. will
have been engaged in internal ethnic civil war for several years of an
incredibly vicious nature, even worse than the Balkans. It will almost
be a mercy killing at this point to put these Jerry Springer watching
jackasses out of their misery. Part of them will be greatly relieved
to see those intercontinental contrails coming in and to know their
dumb suffering will at least have a climax and a finale."

Cleve Blakemore, American Patrol Forum in early 1999

"There will be savage ethnic rioting in Britain during the next 90
days that will involve primarily Pakistan immigrants. I'm talking LA
Riots type stuff, burning buildings, people running around looting,
armed clashes with the police. The British will realize their entire
nation is on the verge of complete loss of cohesion but it will be far
too late to do anything about it. Already the crime rate with handguns
in London exceeds anywhere in the civilized world due to the gun
controls brought in after the Dunblane Massacre. This will grow worse
with the majority of all the illegals armed to the teeth and the
native white British completely disarmed even of kitchen knives. Their
only option will be to grab their ankles, drop their pants and smile."

Cleve Blakemore, American Patrol Forum, 3 days before the Oldham Riots
in Britain broke out

Chris2270

Apr 25, 2002, 6:28:19 AM4/25/02
Can we just play the game?

Invader Zim

Apr 25, 2002, 8:18:57 AM4/25/02

"toolstech" <spam_s...@else.com> wrote in message

> Wait? You mean Cleve is really Al Gore?

OMG!!! :-O

-Invader Zim

Mark Morrison

Apr 25, 2002, 11:23:53 AM4/25/02
On 24 Apr 2002 20:02:24 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore
The Real One) wrote:

Do me a favour - could you predict me having sex ? Sometime this
wekend would be great.

Thanks.

madkevin

Apr 25, 2002, 11:40:16 AM4/25/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> "madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message
> >
> > I believe those quotes about as much as I believe that Grimoire will be a good
game.
> > And no less.
> >
> > Kevin "University Graduate, Natch" Cogliano
>
> You poor feebleminded pinhead, why don't you do a search for my
> writing on Usenet over the past five years and see a couple of dozen
> uncannily accurate predictions posted here? I actually know more about
> the workings of your tiny primate brain than you do - I also predicted
> that none of you would be able to remember any of these predictions
> when I was making them. Amazing how much I know about you that you
> don't know about yourself, isn't it?

Amazing is certainly the word for it, especially as you conveniently forgot to
provide links as proof.

Still, it's an excellent idea. Let's search Google for come of Cleve's pithy
droppings.

=====================
On women:

"Sorry, but there is now overwhelming and reproducible physiological
evidence that testosterone is directly responsible for almost every
noble, ambitious, self-sacrificing, creative, honest, sexy, truthful,
kind and tolerant impulse that human beings have. If a woman displays
these traits to a degree some men do, you can bet she must have a deep
voice and hair on her lip like Ayn Rand, because estrogen compels
people to conform, reside in strict hierarchies without complaining, submit
to authority figures and believe group standards are superior to one's
own as well as to be content with whatever situation one is in."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&threadm=01bccbcc%248bbcbba0%24647a92cf
%40pentium-200&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26as_drrb%3Db%2
6q%3Dcleve%2Bgrimoire%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D5%26as_miny
%3D1981%26as_maxd%3D25%26as_maxm%3D4%26as_maxy%3D1998

On vapourware (Note: posted 1998/05/05):

"Grimoire is not vapourware. Vapourware is a game that is heavily advertised
and hyped before it even exists, then never even makes it to alpha. A game
that makes it to beta testing, then is redesigned due to suggestions during
the beta test, is not vapourware."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&threadm=3551D836.60E3%40secant.com&rnu
m=31&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26as_drrb%3Db%26q%3Dcleve%2Bgrim
oire%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D5%26as_miny%3D1981%26as_maxd
%3D25%26as_maxm%3D4%26as_maxy%3D1999

On poverty:

"90% of all food stamps are resold on the black market to get money for drugs
or luxury goods. The first thing people do when they get into public housing,
is punch holes in every wall and take a crap right in the middle of the floor
or let the toilet flood the entire house, ruining the entire property so
badly within 24 hours it is only fit to be demolished."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&threadm=367bd6dd.0%40news.primary.net&
rnum=55&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26as_drrb%3Db%26q%3Dcleve%2Bg
rimoire%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D5%26as_miny%3D1981%26as_m
axd%3D25%26as_maxm%3D4%26as_maxy%3D1999

=========================

I could, of course, go on and on and on. Mining the internet for pearls of Cleve
wisdom is like shootin' fish in a barrel. None of it means anything, because it's not
like Cleve is running for President Of The World: he is (or he's supposed to be) a
game designer. All that matters is how good the game is, and whether or not it can
live up to this insane, almost decade long hype-fest that Cleve has been spewing
forth. And the only way will ever know that is if it ever, ever gets released. Which
doesn't particularily look likely anytime soon, does it?

In other words: instead of crowing about that big ol' brain of yours, which has
apparantly predicted every single thing of importance in the past fifteen years, why
don't you try releasing the fucking game? Then we can finally see what the big fuss
is all about. Anything else is just pointless noise.

Kevin "Wizardry 8 Was Great, Wasn't It?" Cogliano

Sam Jones

Apr 25, 2002, 5:17:46 PM4/25/02
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:23:53 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdp...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Do me a favour - could you predict me having sex ? Sometime this
>wekend would be great.
>
>Thanks.

Don't do it, Cleve. He's on a strictly no-sex diet until he finishes
Morrowind.

--

"I know you all have freedom to speak or write, but you people are doing too
much. Since old man says "NOBody scares shit to avoid, but they avoid

- the everloving sokwoo lee

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 26, 2002, 6:39:20 AM4/26/02
>In other words: instead of crowing about that big ol' brain of yours,
which has
>apparantly predicted every single thing of importance in the past
fifteen years, why
>don't you try releasing the fucking game? Then we can finally see
what the big fuss
>is all about. Anything else is just pointless noise.
>
> Kevin "Wizardry 8 Was Great, Wasn't It?" Cogliano

In all fairness, if you read my past predictions, one thing is obvious
... I'm not psychic. I'm not talking to God. I am not a prophet in the
biblical sense.

In fact, you can always see in every one of my predictions how I got
it half right ... my dates are always off a little, the sequence of
events is slightly different or the chronology is a bit mixed up. Why
is that? Especially considering that as many times as I got it wrong,
what is astonishing is how often I got it right.

This because I can't see the future. I just have superhuman native
intelligence and I am incredibly good at predicting it. That's my
secret. Coupled with an organic library inside my head bigger than the
one in Congress, I am extremely good at lateral thinking, quickly
making associations between seemingly disparate pieces of knowledge
and connecting related developments in economics, politics and history
where ordinary human beings cannot retain sufficient perspective to
even recall the simplest of facts after only a few minutes have past
since being exposed to new data.

It is probably also fair to say I likely have something a little extra
in my head, over and above my native intelligence ... like those
children who can tell you what day of the week it was on any
historical date this century or play the piano from ear alone at age
5. I think God gave me a lot of brains and just for fun added a little
bit of supercomputer in there somewhere that I don't even comprehend
myself how it works exactly. I have always felt that all of my most
important thinking takes place when I am deep asleep.

Irregardless, almost every thing I have ever predicted here on Usenet
will come to pass very soon, likely within the next decade. Someday
people may say, "You know, he was right about the secession in the
southwest but that didn't come until 2006, after Los Angeles was first
destroyed by Red China. He had that ass backwards."

You could do worse than to make plans based on my predictions, trust
me. A more generally reliable source would be hard to find. Sometimes
I wish I could predict tomorrow's stocks with the same accuracy, but I
can't. My gifts don't work that way.

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 26, 2002, 8:23:23 AM4/26/02
"madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message news:<QsVx8.75922$QR1.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>...
<snipped in denial>

Very good predictions by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas here ...

http://www.rense.com/general24/paul.htm

He's a congressman. Any scenario he presents, I guarantee you that
mysteriously the United States is somehow going to emerge relatively
unscathed through some strange logic that defies the laws of physics.

I'm a realist. Amplify these predictions by Paul by about 200% and
then finish it off with a pile of smoking radioactive rubble from
coast to coast about 30 inches deep in anthrax where the United States
used to exist, you'd be closer to the truth.

Notice how whatever scenario the Americans come up with these days, no
matter what happens the shopping malls don't close and food courts
continue to remain in service. That is because most "Americans" (?)
are clinically insane and have completely lost touch with reality.
Feelings of immunity or invulnerability because of the loose precedent
of the past 40 years is a seriously schizoid view of the world we live
in ... that is all about to end.

I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
has a brief glimpse of the possibilities.

Believe me, your tiny brains could never imagine what is in store for
you eventually. But don't listen. Just keep shopping at those food
courts and watching Jerry Springer, I'm sure you will defy all the
known laws of physics and continue in happy-TV land forever and ever.

Don't want to die? Then you're going to have to think. There's no way
around it.

Boogie with Stu

Apr 26, 2002, 8:46:57 AM4/26/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
| Don't want to die? Then you're going to have to think. There's no way
| around it.

We're all going to die eventually so why think?

--
You can't spell PLO without L-O-V-E - except for the V and E.

Boogie with Stu

madkevin

Apr 26, 2002, 10:31:22 AM4/26/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

> In all fairness, if you read my past predictions, one thing is obvious

> ... I'm not psychic. I'm not talking to God. I am not a prophet in the
> biblical sense.

In all fairness, if you read your past predicitions, you'll see that you've missed
about one hundred supposed release dates for your large cloud of vapour laughingly
refered to as "Grimoire". Anything else is noise.

> In fact, you can always see in every one of my predictions how I got
> it half right ... my dates are always off a little, the sequence of
> events is slightly different or the chronology is a bit mixed up. Why
> is that? Especially considering that as many times as I got it wrong,
> what is astonishing is how often I got it right.

Guess what? If you say one hundred crazy things, one of them has a large chance of
turning out to be sorta true. There's absolutely nothing astonishing about that.

> This because I can't see the future. I just have superhuman native
> intelligence and I am incredibly good at predicting it. That's my
> secret. Coupled with an organic library inside my head bigger than the
> one in Congress, I am extremely good at lateral thinking, quickly
> making associations between seemingly disparate pieces of knowledge
> and connecting related developments in economics, politics and history
> where ordinary human beings cannot retain sufficient perspective to
> even recall the simplest of facts after only a few minutes have past
> since being exposed to new data.

Uh-huh. Then there's this theory: you're a delusional crank. Where'd I leave that
razor?

> It is probably also fair to say I likely have something a little extra
> in my head, over and above my native intelligence ... like those
> children who can tell you what day of the week it was on any
> historical date this century or play the piano from ear alone at age
> 5. I think God gave me a lot of brains and just for fun added a little
> bit of supercomputer in there somewhere that I don't even comprehend
> myself how it works exactly. I have always felt that all of my most
> important thinking takes place when I am deep asleep.

I wouldn't doubt that last sentence in any way.

> Irregardless, almost every thing I have ever predicted here on Usenet
> will come to pass very soon, likely within the next decade. Someday
> people may say, "You know, he was right about the secession in the
> southwest but that didn't come until 2006, after Los Angeles was first
> destroyed by Red China. He had that ass backwards."

In 2006, people will more likely be saying: "Gee - I wonder if Grimoire is out yet?"

> You could do worse than to make plans based on my predictions, trust
> me. A more generally reliable source would be hard to find. Sometimes
> I wish I could predict tomorrow's stocks with the same accuracy, but I
> can't. My gifts don't work that way.

Your gifts apparently also don't allow you to finish a game in anything under a
decade.

Again, all of this is noise. The only thing that matters is piece of vapourware
you've been pushing seemingly for eternity. Release it, and then we'll have something
to talk about. Otherwise - yawn.

The magic of the internet is this: if people are really curious to see if any of your
ridiculous claims are true, all they have to do is spend a bit of time with Google
and make their own conclusions. If nothing else, it's good for a larf, eh?

Kevin "Still Canadian" Cogliano

Mark Morrison

Apr 26, 2002, 3:06:30 PM4/26/02
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:17:46 +0100, Sam Jones <simu...@freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:23:53 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdp...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Do me a favour - could you predict me having sex ? Sometime this
>>wekend would be great.
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>Don't do it, Cleve. He's on a strictly no-sex diet until he finishes
>Morrowind.

Does self-love count ?

Ykalon Dragon

Apr 26, 2002, 6:38:44 PM4/26/02
On 26 Apr 2002 05:23:23 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore
The Real One) wrote:

Is Cleve = SOLLOG?
--
Reply to ykalon at subdimension dot com

Invader Zim

Apr 26, 2002, 7:29:35 PM4/26/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

Gasmasks don't protect against microbes. Gasmasks won't help you there
unless you walk around in an airtight rubber suit with an oxygen tank
attached on an everyday basis.
In the event of a gas attack, no one will notice until it is too late.
Gasmasks won't help you there either, unless you wear one 24/7.
The people who went out and bought gasmasks in a panic weren't very smart.
Neither are you for supposedly recommending that people stock up on
gasmasks.

Also, why do you feel the need to compare your game to Wizardry 7
constantly?
Why won't you just let it stand on its own merits instead of always being
like "Grimoire is going to kick wizardry 7's ass sooooooooo hard. i'm the
coolest guy in existence."?

I don't see other companies saying "Our game is going to be SOOOO much
better than fallout, ultima and torment!!! Just you watch!!!". Instead, I
see companies paying respect to the classics instead of attempting to
belittle them and constantly attempting to compete with them.

-Invader Zim

Hong Ooi

Apr 26, 2002, 8:08:15 PM4/26/02
Real One) wrote:

>"madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message news:<QsVx8.75922$QR1.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>...
><snipped in denial>
>
>Very good predictions by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas here ...
>
>http://www.rense.com/general24/paul.htm
>
>He's a congressman. Any scenario he presents, I guarantee you that
>mysteriously the United States is somehow going to emerge relatively
>unscathed through some strange logic that defies the laws of physics.

[snip babble]

I recommend Counterstrike.

No, really.

--
Hong Ooi | "Still others say the Hong doesn't really
hong...@maths.anu.edu.au | mean anything at all."

hoy.Don...@hawaii.edu

Apr 26, 2002, 8:17:27 PM4/26/02
Invader Zim <dapolicema...@heads.fuk> wrote:

: I don't see other companies saying "Our game is going to be SOOOO much

: better than fallout, ultima and torment!!! Just you watch!!!". Instead, I
: see companies paying respect to the classics instead of attempting to
: belittle them and constantly attempting to compete with them.

he has to brag now, since it'll be harder to convince people as
they're trying to committing suicide with a spork after being
sullied by the stink of Grimoire.

--
hoy xatx hawaii xdotx education

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 26, 2002, 8:24:34 PM4/26/02
"Boogie with Stu" <badsonR...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:<5%by8.91773$nc.13...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>...

> "Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> | Don't want to die? Then you're going to have to think. There's no way
> | around it.
> |

> We're all going to die eventually so why think?

It does give me pleasure knowing we're going to see the end of
extremely degenerate and pathological genetic stock like this. Anybody
can see the herd requires a severe cull. Western civilization has been
turning into a dysgenic dystopia for quite a while - nature is going
to right the balance very shortly, using men as her instruments to
operate.

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 26, 2002, 8:32:12 PM4/26/02
"madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message news:<gydy8.78087$QR1.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

> Kevin "Still Canadian" Cogliano

I had a belly laugh reading about how recent legislation forbidding
criticism of Middle East policy is now enshrined as part of Canadian
law. You can literally be served a prison sentence for objecting to
fighting other people's wars on foreign soil. Even suggesting the
ruling elite could be wrong constitutes "hate"/thought crime in
Canada. You're funny!

The owner of the entire chain of all newspapers in Canada has issued a
memo to his staff that any criticism of any kind of Israel warrants
cause for dismissal. Funny stuff! You're like a barn animal tied to a
post pretending he could walk away any time he felt like it. Sorry,
what happened to 900 years of free speech under Anglo-Saxon common
law?

What a great country - or it was, anyway. Today it is an atrocious
third world sewer I would not kennel a dog in, exactly as I said it
would be in 1997.

Uri Margalit

Apr 26, 2002, 9:41:22 PM4/26/02
Why is it that for every sane intelligent person there is 9 bazillion
retarded
union typing monkeys?

Hey moron dont misquote people or Learn to speke de enGrItz first ok?
I read through his entire post and it in no way implied he invented the
internet.
In fact I had similar experiences with my lecturers in U so i can so all
of this happening. Maybe if you had some sort of education you would
understand
what he is talking about.

Universities and collages are staffed with a bunch of people who have
no reason to keep their knowledge up to date (in fact there will be
penalties
for them if they radically alter their courses to follow real life
trends)
or even if they had a reason they are so moribund and self aggrandizing
they wouldnt.

I had this fucking cow lecturer who said I should shut up and stock
rocking
the boat when I pointed out hard drives were becoming main stream storage

(she thought computers still used tape, this was when 80gb was about
standard).
She was the department head for the Business information systems
department
(Commerce faculty computing) in the major University of South Africa
(WITS).
Any department head for a computing faculty who is not aware of hard disk
drives (about 6 years ago) deserves to have a double tap to the head.
Thats just 1 example, i wont go into the square dancing, mormon Cobol
lecturer. I had. Leave it at he thought Cobol would still be the dominant
language in the next century for business computing.

Thank god I have forgetting 99.9% of what they taught me.

Universities are basically a breeding ground for feeble minded
conformists who wish
the planet to entire an everlasting stasis so as to secure their tenure
or sallery.
Its Utopia of course! (yes but Utopia with batch processing tape drive
storage and all the code is Cobol).

The problem with society today is that any imbicle can reach a point were
they think they are actually sentient. You for example. Too many checks
and safety nets for worthless genetic material.

GET OUT OF THE POOL PLEASE!! (or go join Hamas or the PLO they can give
you pointers on distorting reality to suit yourself).

James Garvin wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> >
> > <unbelievable quotes snipped>
> >
> > I'll bet you invented the Internet as well.
>
> Man are you stupid...everyone knows it was Al Gore jeez... ;-)

Boogie with Stu

Apr 27, 2002, 12:11:52 AM4/27/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
| "Boogie with Stu" <badsonR...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
| > "Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
| > | Don't want to die? Then you're going to have to think. There's no way
| > | around it.
| > |

| > We're all going to die eventually so why think?
|
| It does give me pleasure knowing we're going to see the end of
| extremely degenerate and pathological genetic stock like this. Anybody
| can see the herd requires a severe cull. Western civilization has been
| turning into a dysgenic dystopia for quite a while - nature is going
| to right the balance very shortly, using men as her instruments to
| operate.

I hope I don't have to think when I play Grimoire.

--
Boogie with Stu

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 27, 2002, 4:03:18 AM4/27/02
"Invader Zim" <dapolicema...@heads.fuk> wrote in message news:<aacns4$20et$1...@news.cybercity.dk>...

> "Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
>
> Gasmasks don't protect against microbes. Gasmasks won't help you there
> unless you walk around in an airtight rubber suit with an oxygen tank
> attached on an everyday basis.

I can see you've been watching the "experts" on CNN (Communist News
Network) shrieking hysterically about how "all protective MEASURES ARE
FUTILE!! YOU'RE HELPLESS!!! NOTHING WORKS!!! ANY DEFENSE ON YOUR OWN
IS POINTLESS!!!" and various other manifestations of the madness of
crowds and widespread psychotic delusions about the world outside of
shopping malls.

I'm a NBC qualified military field aide. I had six weeks of intensive
training in NBC in the army and have read about 600 hours worth of
field manuals about NBC defense. In the private sector I've read
hundreds of books about NBC, I have an entire shelf devoted to the
subject.

Gas masks will save your life. They will allow you to evacuate, seek
better shelter or survive until the environment is safe enough to take
it off. People who don't have protective gear will die in identical
surroundings beside those wise enough to pack protective gear and keep
it close by.

Most biological warfare agents will never be deliverable under the .5
micron threshold which is readily trapped by charcoal NATO C2 filters.
In the real world you need a medium to piggyback on, even with super
refined spores like you saw in the anthrax mailings. This mysterious
world where .01 micron viruses float in the air using levitation
without a medium is a dream world inhabited by journalists and their
moronic listeners (like yourself.)

If you don't know what you are talking about, why open your mouth?

Its just like you often hear eggheads telling you condoms can't stop
AIDs because the viruses are of so many microns and the holes in
condoms are much larger. Well, that would be true if I was a goofy
Jerry Lewis style academic egghead who barely gets outdoors much ...
but in the real world those viruses don't float through the ether,
they have to piggyback on warm fluids which won't penetrate the
condoms if they are worn correctly.

If you think you are going to live and work in a biologically infected
environment with a gas mask, you won't. Eventually your filter will
wear out. If you have a gas mask and don it you will survive long
enough to evacuate to your permanent shelter or refugee point while
millions around you drop dead.

> In the event of a gas attack, no one will notice until it is too late.

A popular fantasy. You will experience irritation, see birds dropping
from the air, have watering eyes anywhere from thirty minutes to six
hours warning. Another psychotic myth about nerve gas by food court
shoppers. In almost all instances you will have plenty of warning.
Part of the training for NBC defense in the army is extensive
experience in spotting the signals your environment has been gassed.

Of course, if the plane flies directly overhead and sprays you
physically with an aerosol that lands on your open skin, you'll die
within minutes. That might happen to a crowd of a thousand people in a
city of one million at risk.

In the real world you will have substantial warning. Some people will
realize too late they should have used good judgement instead of
listening to Dr. FeelGood on CNN and his fantasy land tales about NBC
warfare.

> Gasmasks won't help you there either, unless you wear one 24/7.

Mine is never more than 4 seconds away since 1988. Sometimes I even
take it to the bathroom with me when I am away at work in the city.

> The people who went out and bought gasmasks in a panic weren't very smart.
> Neither are you for supposedly recommending that people stock up on
> gasmasks.

Uh-huh.

Got another one for disposal, here, sir.

Listen, would it be alright if me and the other guys on disposal
detail stuck your blue corpse into rigid poses and hung a sign around
your neck reading "THEM GAS MASK THINGS ARE USELESS ANYHOW" ... it
might make a great gag postcard.

Lucian Wischik

Apr 27, 2002, 4:31:53 AM4/27/02
Cleve Blakemore The Real One <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
>and have read about 600 hours worth of field manuals about NBC defense.

That's an odd measure! Were they audio-books?

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

Gerry Quinn

Apr 27, 2002, 6:43:54 AM4/27/02
In article <181db1cb.02042...@posting.google.com>, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The Real One) wrote:

>It does give me pleasure knowing we're going to see the end of
>extremely degenerate and pathological genetic stock like this. Anybody
>can see the herd requires a severe cull. Western civilization has been
>turning into a dysgenic dystopia for quite a while - nature is going
>to right the balance very shortly, using men as her instruments to
>operate.

I should imagine that during the coming societal breakdown, as I fight
hordes of degenerate commie sub-men for my very survival, I will have
little time for CRPGs. And I will likely not waste precious diesel on
the generator of my mountain stronghold, just to play Grimoire.

So I suggest you buckle down and finish your game while there is still
some point to it...

- Gerry Quinn

Invader Zim

Apr 27, 2002, 7:20:34 AM4/27/02

"Uri Margalit" <uri...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Why is it that for every sane intelligent person there is 9 bazillion
> retarded
> union typing monkeys?
>
> Hey moron dont misquote people or Learn to speke de enGrItz first ok?

I think you should learn "de grammaw" first ok?

> I read through his entire post and it in no way implied he invented the
> internet.
> In fact I had similar experiences with my lecturers in U so i can so all
> of this happening. Maybe if you had some sort of education you would
> understand
> what he is talking about.
>
> Universities and collages are staffed with a bunch of people who have
> no reason to keep their knowledge up to date (in fact there will be
> penalties
> for them if they radically alter their courses to follow real life
> trends)

That's funny, all the universities I've attended must be exceptions to the
rule then.

> or even if they had a reason they are so moribund and self aggrandizing
> they wouldnt.
>
> I had this fucking cow lecturer who said I should shut up and stock
> rocking
> the boat when I pointed out hard drives were becoming main stream storage
>
> (she thought computers still used tape, this was when 80gb was about
> standard).
> She was the department head for the Business information systems
> department
> (Commerce faculty computing) in the major University of South Africa
> (WITS).

There's obviously a huge difference in standard when it comes to South
Africa and the US then.
I suggest you move to a different country to get a better education.

> Any department head for a computing faculty who is not aware of hard disk
> drives (about 6 years ago) deserves to have a double tap to the head.

80gb harddrives weren't standard 6 years ago.
They're standard now.

And they did't deserve to have a double tap to the head, they deserved to
be fired.

> Thats just 1 example, i wont go into the square dancing, mormon Cobol
> lecturer. I had. Leave it at he thought Cobol would still be the dominant
> language in the next century for business computing.
>
> Thank god I have forgetting 99.9% of what they taught me.

I think you should "Learn to speke de enGrItz first ok?"

> Universities are basically a breeding ground for feeble minded
> conformists who wish
> the planet to entire an everlasting stasis so as to secure their tenure
> or sallery.

Salary.

> Its Utopia of course! (yes but Utopia with batch processing tape drive
> storage and all the code is Cobol).

That's funny, I thought most of the world's research was conducted at
research labs in major universities.
For instance, the Kismet program at MIT.
You know what MIT is right?
You know what the Kismet program is, right?

> The problem with society today is that any imbicle can reach a point were
> they think they are actually sentient. You for example. Too many checks
> and safety nets for worthless genetic material.

Imbicle? you mean "imbecile"?

> GET OUT OF THE POOL PLEASE!! (or go join Hamas or the PLO they can give
> you pointers on distorting reality to suit yourself).

But if stupidity is genetic, like you just said in the paragraph above, how
can one CHOOSE to "get out of the pool"? When something is genetically
flawed, a lack of free will to break out of that genetic flaw would for
that something be necessarily true.

-Invader Zim

Krud

Apr 27, 2002, 7:47:54 AM4/27/02

> > Gasmasks won't help you there either, unless you wear one 24/7.

> Mine is never more than 4 seconds away since 1988. Sometimes I even
> take it to the bathroom with me when I am away at work in the city.

It would be a lot easier to install an exhaust fan in the bathroom, wouldn't
it?

-Krud

Livid Dragon

Apr 27, 2002, 9:26:03 AM4/27/02
The collective assimilated the following data from Cleve Blakemore:

> This because I can't see the future. I just have superhuman native
> intelligence and I am incredibly good at predicting it. That's my
> secret. Coupled with an organic library inside my head bigger than the
> one in Congress, I am extremely good at lateral thinking, quickly
> making associations between seemingly disparate pieces of knowledge
> and connecting related developments in economics, politics and history
> where ordinary human beings cannot retain sufficient perspective to
> even recall the simplest of facts after only a few minutes have past
> since being exposed to new data.

So who is going to come up with a skin, stats, and powers for "The
Cleve" in Freedom Force? Patriot City could use a new library.

Boogie with Stu

Apr 27, 2002, 11:07:38 AM4/27/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
| "Invader Zim" <dapolicema...@heads.fuk> wrote in message
| > "Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
| >
| > Gasmasks don't protect against microbes. Gasmasks won't help you there
| > unless you walk around in an airtight rubber suit with an oxygen tank
| > attached on an everyday basis.
|
| I can see you've been watching the "experts" on CNN (Communist News
| Network) shrieking hysterically about how "all protective MEASURES ARE
| FUTILE!! YOU'RE HELPLESS!!! NOTHING WORKS!!! ANY DEFENSE ON YOUR OWN
| IS POINTLESS!!!" and various other manifestations of the madness of
| crowds and widespread psychotic delusions about the world outside of
| shopping malls.
|
| I'm a NBC qualified military field aide. I had six weeks of intensive
| training in NBC in the army and have read about 600 hours worth of
| field manuals about NBC defense. In the private sector I've read
| hundreds of books about NBC, I have an entire shelf devoted to the
| subject.

I didn't know NBC had military aides. I like their "West Wing Show".

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 27, 2002, 11:21:07 AM4/27/02
> Why is it that for every sane intelligent person there is 9 bazillion
> retarded
> union typing monkeys?

Why is it only the retarded monkeys that ever ask this question?

> collages are staffed with a bunch of people

I just remember putting magazine clippings in my collages, but then I was
making them for my elementary school art teacher (what a hottie!) and not my
shrink.

If you put people in yours does that make you like Hannibal Lecter?

Uri Margalit

Apr 27, 2002, 1:50:14 PM4/27/02
Give me a break Monkey man. You know i meant mb. Mistakes happen. Your birth is
proof.

I never attacked his grammar or spelling I attacked his ability to comprehend
what he was reading.
Only people incapable of arguing the facts do that. In fact I have had this
same argument with about 2.2 trillion others useless fucks like you. I talk
about xxxx in detail and they respond by attacking my grammar or spelling, then
the thread goes into name calling, comparisons to nazi's and fascism and it all
breaks down.
Way to go on the first step to fucking up a thread idiot.

I hate you, go away and die.

"Opinions are like ASSHOLES everybody has one"

madkevin

Apr 27, 2002, 4:56:17 PM4/27/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> "madkevin" <madk...@golden.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Kevin "Still Canadian" Cogliano

You don't even bother reading the posts you respond to, do you? Let me spell it out
for you: your ridiculous psudeo-Libertarian world view is meaningless to me. Your
factually inaccurate slander of various aspects of Canada is humourous, but also
meaningless. (Note: Not every Canadian newspaper is owned by the same chain. This is
known as a "lie".) All that matters to me personally is your game.

Where is it, Cleve? Is there a playable demo after ten years of development? Is it a
lame knock-off of Wizardry 7? Is it hopelessly mired in "old-school" gameplay? Will
it ever, ever be released? Is development coming along so beautifully after a
decade's worth of hype that you can take time out to write pointless political
messages in a newsgroup dedicated to computer role-playing games?

To sum up: Is there ever going to be a punchline to the joke that is "Grimoire"?

For fuck sake's, man: even Derek Smart has released two piece of shit games in his
lifetime of belligerence. How bad has it got to be when you're a second-rate Smart?

Kevin "Did You Have Fun Playing Wizardry 8?" Cogliano

Uri Margalit

Apr 27, 2002, 1:54:01 PM4/27/02
Martin Scriblerus wrote:

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very
pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN
HEAD!!

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an
enemy planet.

When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie
heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm,
boy.

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to
laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to
tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is
not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an
elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see.

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw
one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war
is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 27, 2002, 2:48:08 PM4/27/02

> Way to go on the first step to fucking up a thread idiot.

You haven't been reading this thread, have you?

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 27, 2002, 2:49:47 PM4/27/02
"Uri Margalit" <uri...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

ROFL! It's never a bad time to quote "Deep Thoughts".

Knight37

Apr 27, 2002, 8:40:20 PM4/27/02
Frankly, "Boogie with Stu" <badsonR...@cfl.rr.com>, I don't give a damn
that you wrote:

>| I'm a NBC qualified military field aide. I had six weeks of intensive
>| training in NBC in the army and have read about 600 hours worth of
>| field manuals about NBC defense. In the private sector I've read
>| hundreds of books about NBC, I have an entire shelf devoted to the
>| subject.
>|

> I didn't know NBC had military aides. I like their "West Wing Show".

I hate TV.

--

Knight37

KILL!
YOUR!
TELEVISION!
-- Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Knight37

Apr 27, 2002, 8:48:44 PM4/27/02
Frankly, Uri Margalit <uri...@shaw.ca>, I don't give a damn that you
wrote:

> In fact I have had this same argument with about 2.2 trillion

> others useless fucks like you.

2.2 trillion, huh? And you're still pretty sure of yourself?

--

Knight37

"When a man lies he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"
-- Metallica "To Live Is To Die"

Knight37

Apr 27, 2002, 8:49:53 PM4/27/02
Frankly, "Martin Scriblerus" <cpr...@buucj.com>, I don't give a damn that
you wrote:

> If you put people in yours does that make you like Hannibal Lecter?

SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!!

Knight "Call me Chuck" 37

James Garvin

Apr 27, 2002, 9:44:01 PM4/27/02

Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:

> I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
> desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
> beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
> in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
> has a brief glimpse of the possibilities.

I'm sure those gasmask so so VERY effective against anthrax and bio
agents. Gas masks are built for what they say....chemical weapons (and
some bio weapons, but the filters are too liberal with small particles)

> Believe me, your tiny brains could never imagine what is in store for
> you eventually. But don't listen. Just keep shopping at those food
> courts and watching Jerry Springer, I'm sure you will defy all the
> known laws of physics and continue in happy-TV land forever and ever.

Why should we freak out of a major event a hand full of non-events that
the media latched onto? Anthrax? Sure it is dangerous, but unless you
get a HUGE amount, or you are really young, really old, or really
sick...you probably won't die. (notice the anthrax deaths included only
those that were over ~60 (irrc)

> Don't want to die? Then you're going to have to think. There's no way
> around it.

What do we think about? Wearing a bio suit 24/7?

Ykalon Dragon

Apr 27, 2002, 10:07:56 PM4/27/02
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:44:01 GMT, James Garvin
<jgar...@nospam.comcast.net> wrote:

>Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:
>>
>> I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
>> desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
>> beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
>> in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
>> has a brief glimpse of the possibilities.
>
>I'm sure those gasmask so so VERY effective against anthrax and bio
>agents. Gas masks are built for what they say....chemical weapons (and
>some bio weapons, but the filters are too liberal with small particles)
>
>> Believe me, your tiny brains could never imagine what is in store for
>> you eventually. But don't listen. Just keep shopping at those food
>> courts and watching Jerry Springer, I'm sure you will defy all the
>> known laws of physics and continue in happy-TV land forever and ever.
>
>Why should we freak out of a major event a hand full of non-events that
>the media latched onto? Anthrax? Sure it is dangerous, but unless you
>get a HUGE amount, or you are really young, really old, or really
>sick...you probably won't die. (notice the anthrax deaths included only
>those that were over ~60 (irrc)

No, it was only those that got it by inhaling it. Those that got it
through the skin could be treated in time. If you inhale it it leads
to death in 99 of 100 cases.

--
I think that God got a sick sense of humor and
when I die I expect to find him laughing"

random

Apr 27, 2002, 9:09:13 PM4/27/02

"Ykalon Dragon" <yka...@softhome.net> wrote in message

> No, it was only those that got it by inhaling it. Those that got it
> through the skin could be treated in time. If you inhale it it leads
> to death in 99 of 100 cases.

It's closer to ninety percent, and his point was that the elderly are
more susceptible to anthrax. The fact that the only people who
contracted inhalation anthrax were elderly supports his argument.

random

James Garvin

Apr 27, 2002, 10:26:05 PM4/27/02

Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:

> It does give me pleasure knowing we're going to see the end of
> extremely degenerate and pathological genetic stock like this. Anybody
> can see the herd requires a severe cull. Western civilization has been
> turning into a dysgenic dystopia for quite a while - nature is going
> to right the balance very shortly, using men as her instruments to
> operate.

So what is going to kill us? A well placed nuke, bio/chem weapons, or a
large pink ape rampaging through the streets?

James Garvin

Apr 27, 2002, 10:40:11 PM4/27/02

Uri Margalit wrote:

> Why is it that for every sane intelligent person there is 9 bazillion
> retarded
> union typing monkeys?

<snip fuckwit comments>

Man are you anti-funny or what? I was joking...did you miss the smiley
at the end? Jesus

Boogie with Stu

Apr 27, 2002, 10:40:30 PM4/27/02

"Knight37" <knig...@email.com> wrote in message

Hmmm... "Hate" is a fairly strong word. I put it up there with "onus" as
one of the top 25 strongest words. My dictionary tells me "Hate implies
that one is inflamed with extreme dislike". When near your Television do
you become inflamed? I don't live near Poison Oak, but if I did touch it I
bet my skin would become inflamed. I bet I wouldn't like it. Do you own a
Television (hereby referred to as TV)? Why even own something that one
hates? I hate my cheating ex-girlfriend and surely would never own her
because of this. I'm just trying to help.

--
Boogie with Stu

random

Apr 27, 2002, 9:45:50 PM4/27/02

"random" <pu...@net.com> wrote in message

Hm. Let me rephrase that. The fact that the only people who
contracted anhalation anthrax were elderly does not disprove
the possibility that the elderly are more susceptible.

random

James Garvin

Apr 27, 2002, 10:53:59 PM4/27/02
Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:

> I'm a NBC qualified military field aide. I had six weeks of intensive
> training in NBC in the army and have read about 600 hours worth of
> field manuals about NBC defense. In the private sector I've read
> hundreds of books about NBC, I have an entire shelf devoted to the
> subject.

I doubt it but...I'll bite.

> Gas masks will save your life. They will allow you to evacuate, seek
> better shelter or survive until the environment is safe enough to take
> it off. People who don't have protective gear will die in identical
> surroundings beside those wise enough to pack protective gear and keep
> it close by.

Assuming you have an M4 detector kit....Or even more tools. By the time
you get the gas mask on you'll need an atropine injection and probably
won't live...(assuming it is chemical)

You need a truck load of equipment to even detect biological stuff (save
for some "normal" things)...you are pretty well screwed if you get hit
with these.

> Most biological warfare agents will never be deliverable under the .5
> micron threshold which is readily trapped by charcoal NATO C2 filters.
> In the real world you need a medium to piggyback on, even with super
> refined spores like you saw in the anthrax mailings. This mysterious
> world where .01 micron viruses float in the air using levitation
> without a medium is a dream world inhabited by journalists and their
> moronic listeners (like yourself.)

WHAT!!!??? Are you insane? .5 micro is the LARGEST a bio weapon will
be. Usually they are in the >.5 micro range

> If you don't know what you are talking about, why open your mouth?

Perhaps you should take your own advice.

> Its just like you often hear eggheads telling you condoms can't stop
> AIDs because the viruses are of so many microns and the holes in
> condoms are much larger. Well, that would be true if I was a goofy
> Jerry Lewis style academic egghead who barely gets outdoors much ...
> but in the real world those viruses don't float through the ether,
> they have to piggyback on warm fluids which won't penetrate the
> condoms if they are worn correctly.

What? I've never heard this....Maybe in the EARLY stages of
investigations of AIDS, but not today...nor even 10 years ago...

> If you think you are going to live and work in a biologically infected
> environment with a gas mask, you won't. Eventually your filter will
> wear out. If you have a gas mask and don it you will survive long
> enough to evacuate to your permanent shelter or refugee point while
> millions around you drop dead.

Not to mention that most bio agents are agents that are absorbed through
the skin. Also not that there are really ugly things like blood agents,
choking agents, nerve agents, blister agents, etc...Most of these don't
have to be inhaled...

> A popular fantasy. You will experience irritation, see birds dropping
> from the air, have watering eyes anywhere from thirty minutes to six
> hours warning. Another psychotic myth about nerve gas by food court
> shoppers. In almost all instances you will have plenty of warning.
> Part of the training for NBC defense in the army is extensive
> experience in spotting the signals your environment has been gassed.

It depends on the agent.

In the army there are detectors...or didn't you know that? (not
just..."oh look Fred just died...I wonder why....better put on my gas
mask!")

> Of course, if the plane flies directly overhead and sprays you
> physically with an aerosol that lands on your open skin, you'll die
> within minutes. That might happen to a crowd of a thousand people in a
> city of one million at risk.

Only some agents attack through the skin not all...

> In the real world you will have substantial warning. Some people will
> realize too late they should have used good judgement instead of
> listening to Dr. FeelGood on CNN and his fantasy land tales about NBC
> warfare.

How is this substantial warning? How does it work?

> Mine is never more than 4 seconds away since 1988. Sometimes I even
> take it to the bathroom with me when I am away at work in the city.

Great...do you have atropine too? You better have it...even if you get
your mask on in less then 10 seconds you still have to get your MOP suit
on...

James Garvin

Apr 27, 2002, 11:09:36 PM4/27/02
Ykalon Dragon wrote:

> No, it was only those that got it by inhaling it. Those that got it
> through the skin could be treated in time. If you inhale it it leads
> to death in 99 of 100 cases.

You are correct.

Memnoch

Apr 27, 2002, 11:46:37 PM4/27/02
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 02:26:05 GMT, James Garvin <jgar...@nospam.comcast.net>
wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! The Ape! Please let it be the Ape! :-)

Memnoch

Apr 27, 2002, 11:49:32 PM4/27/02
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:48:44 GMT, Knight37 <knig...@email.com> wrote:

>Frankly, Uri Margalit <uri...@shaw.ca>, I don't give a damn that you
>wrote:
>
>> In fact I have had this same argument with about 2.2 trillion
>> others useless fucks like you.
>
>2.2 trillion, huh? And you're still pretty sure of yourself?

I've told you a billion times, stop exagerating!

Memnoch

Apr 27, 2002, 11:50:31 PM4/27/02

<Homer Simpson voice>

"Mmmm, Soylent Green....."

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 28, 2002, 2:39:20 AM4/28/02
"Memnoch" <mem...@nospamforme.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

This is exactly the sort of thing for which one should be using their Homer
Simpson voice.

Gerry Quinn

Apr 28, 2002, 4:27:03 AM4/28/02
In article <3CCB642E...@nospam.comcast.net>, James Garvin <jgar...@nospam.comcast.net> wrote:

>> Its just like you often hear eggheads telling you condoms can't stop
>> AIDs because the viruses are of so many microns and the holes in
>> condoms are much larger. Well, that would be true if I was a goofy
>> Jerry Lewis style academic egghead who barely gets outdoors much ...
>> but in the real world those viruses don't float through the ether,
>> they have to piggyback on warm fluids which won't penetrate the
>> condoms if they are worn correctly.
>
>What? I've never heard this....Maybe in the EARLY stages of
>investigations of AIDS, but not today...nor even 10 years ago...

On the contrary, I've seen some "public health" information harping on
about the pores in latex within the last week. Unfortunately I can't
remember the context now, so I don't know how 'authoritative' it was
supposed to be.

- Gerry Quinn

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 28, 2002, 6:01:42 AM4/28/02
James Garvin <jgar...@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<3CCB642E...@nospam.comcast.net>...

You are amusing quasi-primate boy, so I can be bothered to correct
your childish received ideas from popular culture. It is stressing me
a little but I think I can summon the energy.

> Assuming you have an M4 detector kit....Or even more tools. By the time
> you get the gas mask on you'll need an atropine injection and probably
> won't live...(assuming it is chemical)

Ohh! So you are familiar with a chemical detection kit, even the
surplus kits from the 1960's! Impressive! Or not. Modern survivalists
have hardcore detection systems from state of the art kits sold by
Swiss Defense and a few other firms via mail order. You wouldn't know
about any of this stuff. The M4 is ancient technology, I have a half
dozen kits as backup should every other system I have fail.

... and you did see THE ROCK with Nicholas Cage! Wow! You must really
be a sharpie! Let me guess, you have to inject the atropine directly
into your own heart like Cage did, right?

> You need a truck load of equipment to even detect biological stuff (save
> for some "normal" things)...you are pretty well screwed if you get hit
> with these.

No you don't. Outside of movies, the best known biological agent in
the world only has a 50% fatality rate. Again, most of your ideas are
from snippets of pop culture and lowest common denominator headlines
and pundits.

> > Most biological warfare agents will never be deliverable under the .5
> > micron threshold which is readily trapped by charcoal NATO C2 filters.
> > In the real world you need a medium to piggyback on, even with super
> > refined spores like you saw in the anthrax mailings. This mysterious
> > world where .01 micron viruses float in the air using levitation
> > without a medium is a dream world inhabited by journalists and their
> > moronic listeners (like yourself.)
>
> WHAT!!!??? Are you insane? .5 micro is the LARGEST a bio weapon will
> be. Usually they are in the >.5 micro range

I want you to read what I wrote again. I want you to concentrate. I
want you to get a dictionary and look up the word "medium" so you'll
understand it.

> What? I've never heard this....Maybe in the EARLY stages of
> investigations of AIDS, but not today...nor even 10 years ago...

Rarely a night passes without some mainstream media pundit popping out
this factoid.

> Not to mention that most bio agents are agents that are absorbed through
> the skin. Also not that there are really ugly things like blood agents,
> choking agents, nerve agents, blister agents, etc...Most of these don't
> have to be inhaled...

(Puts on portable chemical parka that fits into belt pouch and keeps
typing)

> > A popular fantasy. You will experience irritation, see birds dropping
> > from the air, have watering eyes anywhere from thirty minutes to six
> > hours warning. Another psychotic myth about nerve gas by food court
> > shoppers. In almost all instances you will have plenty of warning.
> > Part of the training for NBC defense in the army is extensive
> > experience in spotting the signals your environment has been gassed.
>
> It depends on the agent.

So you have started to cross the threshold between movie fantasies and
real life.

> In the army there are detectors...or didn't you know that? (not
> just..."oh look Fred just died...I wonder why....better put on my gas
> mask!")

The best detector is the human mind. This is drilled into you again
and again in the Army. Machines are fallible, trust your judgement and
sound the alarm if you notice anything fishy.

> How is this substantial warning? How does it work?

Getting bored with you now. Read my original post again.

> > Mine is never more than 4 seconds away since 1988. Sometimes I even
> > take it to the bathroom with me when I am away at work in the city.
>
> Great...do you have atropine too? You better have it...even if you get
> your mask on in less then 10 seconds you still have to get your MOP suit
> on...

Again, the atropine might never be remotely needed even in a very
densely corrupted environment. You could still evacuate with a bad
case of the shakes and tremors, it is all a question of degree of
exposure.

Yawn. Go watch THE ROCK again. You're a beast with the reasoning
powers of a child.

James Garvin

Apr 28, 2002, 8:19:45 AM4/28/02
Gerry Quinn wrote:

> On the contrary, I've seen some "public health" information harping on
> about the pores in latex within the last week. Unfortunately I can't
> remember the context now, so I don't know how 'authoritative' it was
> supposed to be.

Really???? I'd think by now that would have been let go...as it just
isn't true (nor is it possible)

James Garvin

Apr 28, 2002, 8:33:23 AM4/28/02
Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:

> Ohh! So you are familiar with a chemical detection kit, even the
> surplus kits from the 1960's! Impressive! Or not. Modern survivalists
> have hardcore detection systems from state of the art kits sold by
> Swiss Defense and a few other firms via mail order. You wouldn't know
> about any of this stuff. The M4 is ancient technology, I have a half
> dozen kits as backup should every other system I have fail.

So you have never served in the US military have you? The M4 detector
kit is still used and it isn't the M4 kit from the 60's. Not that you'd
know that and your "modern" survivalist friends. On that note, there is
a pretty cool setup (the Fox) and it has a whole bunch of equipment in
it...including the M4....

> ... and you did see THE ROCK with Nicholas Cage! Wow! You must really
> be a sharpie! Let me guess, you have to inject the atropine directly
> into your own heart like Cage did, right?

Total bogus. In the military the atropine is in a spring loaded
container. The injection is put into you thigh (butt really) and you
have to be careful where you stick it or you can really hurt yourself.
And you have to use atropine (speed) or you will die from most agents.
(more or less all the atropine does is speed up your system so that you
push all the bad juju out)

> No you don't. Outside of movies, the best known biological agent in
> the world only has a 50% fatality rate. Again, most of your ideas are
> from snippets of pop culture and lowest common denominator headlines
> and pundits.

The Fox is used extensively. But again I guess you wouldn't know that.
And a bio agent with only a 50% fatality rate isn't military
grade....You need to go back and read your FMs.

> I want you to read what I wrote again. I want you to concentrate. I
> want you to get a dictionary and look up the word "medium" so you'll
> understand it.

You should go back and read your FMs...

> Rarely a night passes without some mainstream media pundit popping out
> this factoid.

Ok...I guess in Oz everyone is backwards then...

> > It depends on the agent.
>
> So you have started to cross the threshold between movie fantasies and
> real life.

So in other words you don't know what you are talking about...

> > In the army there are detectors...or didn't you know that? (not
> > just..."oh look Fred just died...I wonder why....better put on my gas
> > mask!")
>
> The best detector is the human mind. This is drilled into you again
> and again in the Army. Machines are fallible, trust your judgement and
> sound the alarm if you notice anything fishy.

So what is the alarm in the US Army? I'll give you a hit it is not
yelling and it can be done with almost anything that can make enough
noise.

Anyway, you still haven't described how you judge if a bio/chem weapon
is around...You also still haven't explained that in many of the FMs
why it says that you should always have your detector kits around...(not
to mention the audible detectors kits)

> Getting bored with you now. Read my original post again.

In other word you don't know

> Again, the atropine might never be remotely needed even in a very
> densely corrupted environment. You could still evacuate with a bad
> case of the shakes and tremors, it is all a question of degree of
> exposure.

WHAT!!?? You are only talking about nerve agents you idiot...(shakes
and tremors)

> Yawn. Go watch THE ROCK again. You're a beast with the reasoning
> powers of a child.

Read your FMs again and pick up what a blood agent does...perhaps that
is why atropine is so useful.

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 28, 2002, 7:34:14 PM4/28/02
James Garvin <jgar...@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<3CCBEBF9...@nospam.comcast.net>...

> So you have never served in the US military have you? The M4 detector
> kit is still used and it isn't the M4 kit from the 60's. Not that you'd
> know that and your "modern" survivalist friends. On that note, there is
> a pretty cool setup (the Fox) and it has a whole bunch of equipment in
> it...including the M4....

I know all about what is used today in the military, young private.
Now stand at parade rest and listen carefully to me, if you interrupt
me again I'm going to grass drill your ass until you are too tired to
open your mouth.

> > ... and you did see THE ROCK with Nicholas Cage! Wow! You must really
> > be a sharpie! Let me guess, you have to inject the atropine directly
> > into your own heart like Cage did, right?
>
> Total bogus. In the military the atropine is in a spring loaded
> container. The injection is put into you thigh (butt really) and you
> have to be careful where you stick it or you can really hurt yourself.
> And you have to use atropine (speed) or you will die from most agents.
> (more or less all the atropine does is speed up your system so that you
> push all the bad juju out)

This was funny stuff. I can just visualize this low brow PFC gabbing
away during his NBC briefing when he was supposed to be listening. It
is amusing to hear him explaining to me how to use an atropine
injector because that was the only part he actually retained.

Fool, don't you think I know what an atropine injector is, what is
does and how it works? I'm going to set you straight, you poor
confused retard.

Atropine is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It interferes with nervous
signals and is a general system depressant. It is the exact opposite
of "speed" in every way. By suppressing the accelerated firing of
nerve endings causes by exposure to nerve agents, the atropine will
slow down heart rate, pulse, blood pressure, dilate the pupils and
usually render the recipient unconscious. Should you be required to
administer a second injector, you will have to maintain manual
respiration for your fellow soldier until medics arrive ... if you
don't breathe for him he won't be able to breathe for himself.
Atropine in larger doses simply shuts down the central nervous system,
preventing the soldier's own body from hurting itself. Nerve agents
cause the spinal muscles to contract with such force that a person can
break their own back with cramps, their breathing to increase until
they hyperventilate. Nerve Agent IS SPEED. Atropine is the POLAR
OPPOSITE of SPEED and has the EXACT OPPOSITE EFFECT. Nerve agents
suppress all nervous system inhibition (SPEED) and Atropine is the
chemical opposite.

Far from "speeding you up to push out all the bad juju" (???) what
atropine actually does is suppress your body's activity until you can
get decontaminated and treated with various chelation therapies to
help your body excrete the by-products of absorbed agents.

Why do I bother with you? You're obviously just another carcass for
disposal detail. If mother nature wanted you to live, would she have
made you this stupid?

> And a bio agent with only a 50% fatality rate isn't military
> grade....You need to go back and read your FMs.

There is no known biological agent in the world, in the Soviet stocks
(read Ken Alibek) or the American (read Griffin) with a higher
infection and fatality rate than 50%. That is assuming a theoretical
perfect delivery mechanism. The human immune system is quite
genetically flexible, adaptive and incredibly resilient.

Again, don't think I don't know your ideas are an ignorant mishmash of
various bits of pop culture. Your first mistake was when you opened
your mouth, private.

> Read your FMs again and pick up what a blood agent does...perhaps that
> is why atropine is so useful.

Atropine is absolutely contraindicated for blood agents and should
never be used for anything excepting obvious exposure to nerve agents.
I believe your soldier's manual states this to you in plain english.

Private, for failing to listen during my NBC briefing and then
spreading your own misunderstandings to your fellow soldiers, I'm
going to discipline you with a field grade article 15, I'm giving you
three months of extra duty and stripping you back from PFC to P-1. I'm
also going to garnishee your wages for three months to pay for your
own reeducation in NBC. In the future don't contradict your field unit
NBC officer and don't speak out of turn.

I once told the lieutenant in my battery, "Don't even bother sending
me any more of those homeboys to my NBC briefings again, I've repeated
the same instructions to some of them more than a dozen times and they
cannot remember any training I've given them. They are not qualified
to administer NBC first aid in the field and never will be." The
lieutenant closed the door to his office and whispered under his
breath, "Cleve, this is why we need to retain more soldiers like you.
I'm asking you again to consider reenlistment at the end of this year.
Most of these soldiers we're getting now are not exactly high up on
the evolutionary ladder, do you get my drift? Some of these soldiers
I'd consider less apt to learn technical skills than my Rottweiler at
home. If all the soldiers like you get out, what kind of army do you
think this country is going to be left with?"

Those soldiers were rocket scientists compared to the army of Morlocks
they have today.

Courageous

Apr 28, 2002, 9:02:15 PM4/28/02

>usually render the recipient unconscious. Should you be required to
>administer a second injector,...

There are nerve agents where the optimal dose of atropine is something
like 1/10th of what's in the injector; if you inject the full amount,
or *2* doses no less, it's up to you and God whether you live or die.

>There is no known biological agent in the world, in the Soviet stocks
>(read Ken Alibek) or the American (read Griffin) with a higher
>infection and fatality rate than 50%.

My wife is a volunteer for FEMA. As part of her training, she listened
to a variety of tapes on how to respond appropriately in a hot zone.
I got to listen at the same time, as we were on a road trip.

Interestingly, all of these tapes said that the lethality of chem/bio
agents was way overrated.

C//

John Sestan

Apr 28, 2002, 10:22:23 PM4/28/02
"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message >

<snip>

> Atropine is a cholinesterase inhibitor.

Now look I am no expert in chemical warfare but I know a little
something about pharmacology and Atropine *IS NOT* a cholinesterase
inhibitor!

It is a competitive muscarinic antagonist.

What this means is that the atropine molecule sits on muscarinic (M)
receptors, and
prevents the normal physiological ligand (in this case acetylcholine - Ach)
from binding
to them and producing their physiological effect.

If one considers where M receptors are found in the body one can deduce the
effects
of atropine administration.

> It interferes with nervous
> signals and is a general system depressant. It is the exact opposite
> of "speed" in every way. By suppressing the accelerated firing of
> nerve endings causes by exposure to nerve agents, the atropine will
> slow down heart rate, pulse, blood pressure, dilate the pupils and
> usually render the recipient unconscious. Should you be required to
> administer a second injector, you will have to maintain manual
> respiration for your fellow soldier until medics arrive ... if you
> don't breathe for him he won't be able to breathe for himself.
> Atropine in larger doses simply shuts down the central nervous system,
> preventing the soldier's own body from hurting itself. Nerve agents
> cause the spinal muscles to contract with such force that a person can
> break their own back with cramps, their breathing to increase until
> they hyperventilate. Nerve Agent IS SPEED. Atropine is the POLAR
> OPPOSITE of SPEED and has the EXACT OPPOSITE EFFECT. Nerve agents
> suppress all nervous system inhibition (SPEED) and Atropine is the
> chemical opposite.

M1 receptors are found in the SA and AV nodes of the heart. In *very* small
doses
atropine can produce bradycardia (slow heart rate) from its CNS action but
in
general (and presumably in the doses being used by the military) atropine
produces
tachycardia (fast heart rate) by blockade of Ach binding to M1 receptors.

I hate to shout, but as you have ATROPINE HAS THE EXACT OPPOSITE EFFECTS
to what you have described.

Some other *real world* effects:

Inhibition of secretions (dry eyes, mouth)
Urinary retention
Mydriasis ( = pupil dilation this was the only effect you did get right)
Gastrointestinal motility is reduced or inhibited
Has some mild bronchodilating effects
CNS effects are the exact opposite of the ones you have described, and vary
depending on the dose, including:
irritation, confusion, sezuires, coma

I think in summary Cleve you are somewhat confused.

Atropine's main use in the proposed nerve agent emergencies you have
desscribed, is to prevent
the profound BRADYCARDIA (and therefore hypotension and reduced cerebral
perfusion) that
occurs with poisioning. Although it does have some other beneficial effects
in this instance as well.

John

Martin Scriblerus

Apr 28, 2002, 10:33:14 PM4/28/02
"John Sestan" <ses...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> I think in summary Cleve you are somewhat confused.

I think this pretty well sums it up.

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 28, 2002, 11:37:06 PM4/28/02
James Garvin <jgar...@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<3CCB67D7...@nospam.comcast.net>...

Garvin, you're so full of crap you've got it oozing out of your ears.

In fact, the world community of survivalists has been astonished at
almost every single development from the anthrax mailing scare. Here
is where we turned out to be in need of refining our ideas ...

1. We thought it was untreatable once symptoms became apparent. The
conventional wisdom was that it was far too late at that point. This
turned out to be wrong, heavy antibiotics turned out to be very
effective at curtailing this disease even after symptoms appeared.
Amazingly, it turns out our huge stockpiles of antibiotics would have
almost certainly saved our family's lives during a major attack.
Millions would have perished as antibiotics would have soared to
unaffordable prices on the black market.

2. Cipro is only necessary if you are George Bush Jr. and own major
stock in the company. Just as hypothesized, many broad spectrum ABs
like veterinarial Doxycycline turned out to be just as effective.
Score another one for survivalists, we were spot on the money!

3. Inhalation anthrax, even inhalation of weapons grade super refined
anthrax, appears to prey largely on those with weakened immune systems
like the elderly. Of course there would be deaths amongst regular
civilians but not like estimates have suggested beforehand. It appears
that even the 60% death rates claimed by Ken Alibek in BIOHAZARD were
a bit optimistic. These bioweapons are real casino bets for use on a
large scale, there are no certainties of any casualties at all even
with the wind conditions right and everything optimum. This was a
shock to most survivalists. Obviously if you are in prime health and
good immune system response you stand a very good chance of fighting
off a few anthrax spores in the lungs. Imagine just adding a surgical
mask over your face and drinking some colloidal silver or conventional
antibiotics, you'd be practically guaranteed to survive until you
could get out of the area.

4. Our conclusion worldwide? Anthrax was overrated as a weapon of mass
destruction. It's still dangerous stuff, of course, but for most
heterosexual healthy people the threat was very, very low. This is why
most thinking now has started to tend towards smallpox, ebola and
other BWs that are contagious to a frightening degree. A terrorist
would just be wasting his efforts to deploy anthrax except as a
targeted mailing as in the recent scare.

Steven

Apr 29, 2002, 2:00:10 AM4/29/02
On 28 Apr 2002 03:01:42 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore
The Real One) wrote:

<snip>

>No you don't. Outside of movies, the best known biological agent in
>the world only has a 50% fatality rate. Again, most of your ideas are
>from snippets of pop culture and lowest common denominator headlines
>and pundits.

Best know biological agent in the world has a 50% fatality rate?
LMFAO. Better do a little more research on this subject. Or perhaps
you know something the military doesn't when it was teaching me about
these types of agents.

hehe..Honestly..are you trying to be more annoying and arrogant than
Derek Smart? Only possible reason I can see for someone trying to
promote his game in a newsgroup to act like such a dick in most

Steven

<bottom stuff snipped cause I didn't feel like reading anymore of his
babbling>

Courageous

Apr 29, 2002, 2:06:57 AM4/29/02

>Best know biological agent in the world has a 50% fatality rate?
>LMFAO.

There are plenty of agents where direct exposure has a 100%
fatality rate, but _delivery_ is a critical issue, and a
signficant one.

C//

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 29, 2002, 2:09:46 AM4/29/02
"John Sestan" <ses...@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<3cccae53$0$29870$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> <snip>

Got another one for the fire, here, sir. We're running out of body bags.

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 29, 2002, 2:12:06 AM4/29/02
"Martin Scriblerus" <cpr...@buucj.com> wrote in message news:<Kh2z8.167535$CH1.123444@sccrnsc02>...
> snip <

"Sir, I found this one with his hands clamped around a computer
keyboard. Look, he's got a funny surprised expression on his face."

(Chucks Martin down slope into mass grave)

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 29, 2002, 2:17:43 AM4/29/02
Courageous <jkr...@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<p27pcucs08ipda8kb...@4ax.com>...

> My wife is a volunteer for FEMA. As part of her training, she listened
> to a variety of tapes on how to respond appropriately in a hot zone.
> I got to listen at the same time, as we were on a road trip.
>
> Interestingly, all of these tapes said that the lethality of chem/bio
> agents was way overrated.

Courageous, is it me or has Usenet taken an incredibly steep dip into
the red in terms of general intelligence since '97? You'll remember
that crew used to often post a lot better counter arguments back then,
many of them were even partially literate or at least smart enough to
write entertaining responses.

Maybe I am romanticizing the past but back when I used to bash Red
Bauman I thought there was a much more interesting grade of idiot on
Usenet than now. It's like a ghost town at this point with the walking
dead in the streets.

The bunch on here now are just plain boring, that's why I barely even
get on here to bait them anymore it isn't even fun. Every time I
visualize these guys I see these fat, hairy people with food in their
beards that look like that guy who runs the comic book store in the
Simpsons. You can almost hear their Mom calling them to dinner in the
background when they are typing.

Hong Ooi

Apr 29, 2002, 2:53:36 AM4/29/02
On 28 Apr 2002 23:09:46 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The
Real One) wrote:

You have to admit, it's a bit more creative than LShaping's "no read, no
comment".

--
Hong Ooi | "Still others say the Hong doesn't really
hong...@maths.anu.edu.au | mean anything at all."
http://www.zip.com.au/~hong | -- K37
Canberra, Australia |

John Sestan

Apr 29, 2002, 2:49:14 AM4/29/02

"Cleve Blakemore The Real One" <cle...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

LOL!

You're a funny guy Cleve.

You sure have some issues to work through.

John

Uri Margalit

Apr 29, 2002, 3:18:33 AM4/29/02
James Garvin wrote:

> Cleve Blakemore The Real One wrote:
> >

> > It does give me pleasure knowing we're going to see the end of
> > extremely degenerate and pathological genetic stock like this. Anybody
> > can see the herd requires a severe cull. Western civilization has been
> > turning into a dysgenic dystopia for quite a while - nature is going
> > to right the balance very shortly, using men as her instruments to
> > operate.
>
> So what is going to kill us? A well placed nuke, bio/chem weapons, or a
> large pink ape rampaging through the streets?

Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is
not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an
elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see.

That probably applies to large pink apes on elephant back too.

Gerry Quinn

Apr 29, 2002, 4:09:37 AM4/29/02

I'm sure I'll see it again, too.

The only health advice I never see is to be discriminating with regard
to your sexual partners... politically incorrect, I guess.

- Gerry Quinn

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 29, 2002, 8:17:56 AM4/29/02
Steven <si...@budweiser.com> wrote in message news:<f4opcu8943osb9mm0...@4ax.com>...

> Best know biological agent in the world has a 50% fatality rate?
> LMFAO. Better do a little more research on this subject. Or perhaps
> you know something the military doesn't when it was teaching me about
> these types of agents.

"El-tee, I'm sick of stacking these guys up like cordwood, I'm going
to just start dropping them headfirst into the pit like bowling pins
to maximize space."

Cleve Blakemore The Real One

Apr 29, 2002, 8:22:56 AM4/29/02
"John Sestan" <ses...@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<3cccecde$0$15477$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>...

> You sure have some issues to work through.
>
> John

When you say something extremely affected like "issues to work
through," do you ever feel like putting on a Broadway show tune and
just spinning around inside your apartment in a tizzy mouthing the
words? Some consider that Oprah newspeak gibberish to be extremely
effeminate.

"Sir, look at this one! I put a little cigar in his mouth and cymbals
in his hands! Its like one of those clapping monkeys!"

(Nobody laughs, so Blakemore shrugs and dumps Sestan's corpse
headfirst into burial pit)

Memnoch

Apr 29, 2002, 9:30:57 AM4/29/02
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:51:57 GMT, me <6b...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 28 Apr 2002 23:17:43 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore

>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>
>Can you do anything other than blow your own horn ?

No one else is going to want to blow it for him now are they?

Memnoch

Apr 29, 2002, 9:33:14 AM4/29/02
On 29 Apr 2002 05:17:56 -0700, cle...@iprimus.com.au (Cleve Blakemore The
Real One) wrote:

Do you honestly think anyone else besides yourself of course actually finds
this amusing or clever? When you find you are the only one laughing it's time
to leave the stage my friend. Your 15 minutes has long since finished.

Dave

Apr 29, 2002, 10:22:45 AM4/29/02
> > >So what is going to kill us? A well placed nuke, bio/chem weapons, or
> > >large pink ape rampaging through the streets?
> >
> > Ooh! Ooh! The Ape! Please let it be the Ape! :-)
>
> This is exactly the sort of thing for which one should be using their
Homer
> Simpson voice.

OMFG, I just about shit my pants when I read the above
lines. This was even more funny that Cleve's lame
predictions for the future.

- Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Dave

Apr 29, 2002, 10:36:43 AM4/29/02
> There is no known biological agent in the world, in the Soviet stocks
> (read Ken Alibek) or the American (read Griffin) with a higher
> infection and fatality rate than 50%.

Not sure of the infection rate, but Marburg has a 25% mortality
rate, Ebola Sudan has a 50% mortality rate, and Ebola Zaire has
a 90% mortality rate. And this is straight out of nature.

It is loading more messages.