Help with Myst III exile faq/tips for girlfriend?

MB1701

Jan 4, 2004, 12:43:43 PM1/4/04
I bought my girlfriend, who has never played a computer game before, a copy
of Myst III Exile and she's enjoying it, but is getting stuck pretty often.
Since this is her first game I'd like her to not get too discouraged. Is
there a good FAQ/Tips/Walkthru for this somewhere?

I googled and found a lot of dead links.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-MB

Murray Peterson

Jan 4, 2004, 1:07:48 PM1/4/04
"MB1701" <spam...@blowme.net> wrote in

> Is
> there a good FAQ/Tips/Walkthru for this somewhere?
>
> I googled and found a lot of dead links.

Search for "myst exile walkthrough" -- the first two links are good ones.
For hints instead of a walkthrough, search for "uhs myst exile".

--
Murray Peterson
Email: murray_...@shaw.ca (remove underscore)

Robert Norton

Jan 4, 2004, 2:23:06 PM1/4/04
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 09:43:43 -0800, MB1701 wrote:

> there a good FAQ/Tips/Walkthru for this somewhere?

<www.uhs-hints.com>
not dead.

MB1701

Jan 4, 2004, 3:14:28 PM1/4/04
Yeah, like I"m going to pay twenty bucks to download a faq.....

-M

"Robert Norton" <r...@execpc.com> wrote in message

Jenny100

Jan 4, 2004, 3:50:13 PM1/4/04
MB1701 wrote:
> Yeah, like I"m going to pay twenty bucks to download a faq.....
>
> -M

You can look at UHS hints online

Here's the direct link
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/myst3.php

That's if you want hints.

If you want a complete walkthrough, there are many available
on the net. Here's are links to pages that list several
http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Presto.studio/Myst.3.html
http://www.gameboomers.com/walkthroughs.html#M

John Menichelli

Jan 4, 2004, 3:59:31 PM1/4/04
[Warning: explicit hint-finding spoilers follow...]

1. Go to http://www.uhs-hints.com/

2. Locate the "Sections" header at the top of the screen (under the
Universal Hint System logo).

3. Click on the "Hints" link.

4. On the next screen, locate the "Hints" section and click on the "M"
link to the right of it.

5. On the next screen, scroll down to "Myst III: Exile". To the right
you will see a "View" link. Click on it.

6. You will be taken to the hints for Myst III. Follow the links and
prompts to work through the various hints.

Total cost: None.

Robert Norton

Jan 5, 2004, 7:55:53 PM1/5/04
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:14:28 -0800, MB1701 wrote:

> Yeah, like I"m going to pay twenty bucks to download a faq.....

It's free (well actually supported (but not very well) by ads) for your
viewing pleasure. If you want to download the hints, and also want to
view the last part of the hints, then you need to register the *reader*,
which gives you full access to all the hints any time. Very nice if you
want to run in a second window, or want to run offline. I hope you at
least give it a try!