GTA-US -- When?

Aric TenEyck

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

Is GTA available in the US yet? If so, are there any online merchants
who could sell it to me? None of the computer stores around here knows
when it's coming in, and none of the online stores I checked out had it.
I *need* this game!

Aric

--
You know the drill. Remove ".nospam" to reply.

George

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

I read on a GTA web page - sorry, don't remember which one - that GTA
would not be available in the US until early in '98. This was
according to one of the developer's of the game. Says they're still
looking for a US distributor.

On 15 Dec 1997 05:28:44 GMT, "Aric TenEyck"
<tene...@cs.nospam.uidaho.edu> wrote:

Please replace 'nospam' with 'javanet' in my address
when replying.

atr...@geocities.com

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

I heard somewhere it was out now.

Rob Merritt

Dec 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/24/97

atr...@geocities.com wrote:

>I heard somewhere it was out now.

EB has some imported copies of GTA but the US version is still months
away.

Rob Merritt
My Might and Magic page:http://www.jagunet.com/~robertm/homm.html
My Toy page starring Micronauts and LegoBlocks:http://www.jagunet.com/~robertm/micro.html

Scurlock

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97
to Rob Merritt

Do you know what the difference between the US and English version is, or will be?

Thanks,
Scott

Peter-John Maxwell

Dec 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/30/97

Word seems to be that most distributors in the US have a problem
with the name...It IS a Federal Offence ;-)
The other reason I hear why the US release is delayed is the
level of violence, especially directed at police officers.
Look for the US version to be somewhat tamed down with
regards to killing cops.
Now parking cops, that's another story. (grin)
We have:
GRAND THEFT AUTO (IBM)
by: BMG INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT US$58.97
Release Date: December 09, 1997
http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/desc/p.52620.html
Strap in and hit the accelerator as Grand Theft Auto brings your wildest
driving fantasy to life. Become a cop, theif or juvenile delinquent as
you hit the road in search of cheap thrills. Weave wildly across the
city as you start a one man crime wave or join the boys in blue as they
race to stop one. Accidentlly wreck your car in the process? Kind-ly
ask another motorist to step out of his vehicle and jump in. Cars, buses,
garbage trucks, semi's, it doesn't matter.Just grab whatever is nearby
and get moving. With two tons of American steel at your command, nobody
is going to stand in your way.

If you would like to order, you can do so at the URL(s) above
or by calling 800 999-9756 Mon-Fri 9:30AM-6:30PM Eastern Standard Time,
(outside US and Canada +1 416 368-5000) or by faxing us at +1 416 366-9008.

Best Regards,
Peter
In article <34A52E8A...@centuryinter.net>, scur...@centuryinter.net
wrote:

--
Peter-John Maxwell >>>>>> The CD-ROM Shop <<<<<<<
Visit our online Web catalog featuring 6,700+ CD-ROM titles IN STOCK

Jason

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

>http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/desc/p.52620.html
>Strap in and hit the accelerator as Grand Theft Auto brings your wildest
>driving fantasy to life. Become a cop, theif or juvenile delinquent as
>you hit the road in search of cheap thrills. Weave wildly across the
>city as you start a one man crime wave or join the boys in blue as they
>race to stop one. Accidentlly wreck your car in the process? Kind-ly
>ask another motorist to step out of his vehicle and jump in. Cars, buses,
>garbage trucks, semi's, it doesn't matter.Just grab whatever is nearby
>and get moving. With two tons of American steel at your command, nobody
>is going to stand in your way.

What the hell.. I'm in vice city, and I've still not ever become a "cop"..
Sure, I can run over a cop and drive his car, but that doesn't make me one.
Maybe this was an intended feature of the originally hyped game?