Doom Cheat Mode! YES ITS THERE!

Eugen Woiwod

Dec 11, 1993, 10:39:28 PM12/11/93
Well like i said there is a doom cheat mode there! but how the hell do i
activate it. For you programmer guys with 4dos, use list on doom.exe and go
to line 2,985 or 91% of the file. Look at the screen. You'l see words such as
Very Happy Ammo On, Clipping Mode on, inVuln on, Str, etc. So obviosely there
must be a commandline switch and perhaps keys to use in the game to activate
the cheats. If anybody finds out how to get the cheats to work, please either
post in this group or write to eugen_...@mindlink.bc.ca

Ttul

Craig Seman

Dec 12, 1993, 11:22:39 AM12/12/93

Sorry, I couldn't quote your message. I have been looking trough
DOOM.EXE with a HEXX editor in text mode too. I see all that "Verry
Happy Ammo" stuff to...Everything is so hard to make out though. Go
to the part where it has most of the command line switches (do a search
for any of the known ones like "-port" and you'll see two of the secret
ones:
-devparm dem = Turns on development mode but all I can see that that does
so far is makes F1 a screen-shot key (Like the Press-Release)
-wart [1-3] [1-9]
1-3 being the episode, 1-9 being the level...

It also looks like there's a "-record" param but I can't figure out what that
does. I'm sure that there are tons of cheath built into the game. We just
have to find them. In the press release all you had to do is type "amo" in
the game and you got amo/guns...

-Craig

Jim

Dec 12, 1993, 12:44:42 PM12/12/93
[stuff deleted]

Well, a friend and I went into the save games with a HEX editor
to strengthen up our players (ya know, chainsaws, plasma cannons,
BFG9000's, all loaded) but... I don't think the plasma cannon
and BFG9000 are available in the shareware version. We were able
to record them in our inventory, but no weapon showed up when the
p.c. or the BFG were selected. BTW, to all save game hackers, don't
set your life beyond 255%; My friend and I set it to 999% and it
didn't seem to like it very much: you got killed faster than if you had
100% health! I have another friend coding a savegame alterer that may
be out (if he decides to release it).

Good luck, and happy hunting,

Jim
(Geez, I hope I don't fail finals because of this...)

Eugen Woiwod

Dec 12, 1993, 1:39:59 PM12/12/93
> Jim writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <CHxny...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>
>
> Org. : Purdue University Computing Center

Well for some reason i cant get a chainsaw or rocket launcher to show. I
would put a 01 at offset 0xB8 for chainsaw and 01 at offset 0xBD for rocket
launcher. Result? the game crashes on me when i try loading it. So i assume
perhaps the offsets i have for chainsaw and rocket launcher are wrong?

Ttul

Eugen Woiwod

Dec 12, 1993, 1:36:28 PM12/12/93
> Craig Seman writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <2efggf$1...@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>
>
> Org. : Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio (USA)

I have tried AMO and TST but it doesnt seem to work :(

Ttul

Jim

Dec 12, 1993, 5:22:27 PM12/12/93
In article <34...@mindlink.bc.ca> Eugen_...@mindlink.bc.ca (Eugen Woiwod) writes:
>> Jim writes:
>>
>> Msg-ID: <CHxny...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>
>>
>> Org. : Purdue University Computing Center

[my stuff deleted]

>Well for some reason i cant get a chainsaw or rocket launcher to show. I
>would put a 01 at offset 0xB8 for chainsaw and 01 at offset 0xBD for rocket
>launcher. Result? the game crashes on me when i try loading it. So i assume
>perhaps the offsets i have for chainsaw and rocket launcher are wrong?
>
>Ttul

I'm not sure of the offsets offhand, but if you look at a savegame
that has just been started, those are the easiest to modify. Start
a new game, save it and leave Doom. Next, in your fav HEX editor,
look for two smiley faces (01) towards the beginning of the savegame.
The first is fists (always there), three sets of 00 later is another.
This is the pistol. If you move three sets of 00 and set the pos. to 01,
you get the rifle. You can have up to eight smileys showing in that
section. The eighth is the chainsaw.

Visually it looks something like this:

01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 etc.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
fists pistol shotgun chn gun rocket plasma BFG9000

Hope this helps.

BTW, the editor is being recoded in an attempt to give CPU maps,
visors, backpacks (to prevent resets of ammo), etc...

Hope to have it out soon.

Jim
P.S. I'm not the one coding the doom editor, so don't ask for it yet.
Patience people, you waited this long, a couple of days won't kill you
( although that demon behind you might...)
Even better, if anyone can crack the line params for this beast, post away...

Denis R. Papp

Dec 12, 1993, 5:15:41 PM12/12/93
dn...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Craig Seman) writes:

>It also looks like there's a "-record" param but I can't figure out what that
>does. I'm sure that there are tons of cheath built into the game. We just
>have to find them. In the press release all you had to do is type "amo" in
>the game and you got amo/guns...

Someone (Hank L..?) posted a while ago that the cheat keys would change
for the actual release.

Anyone bored and feel like typing tons of 3 key combos on the kbd while
in doom?

--
Denis Papp _ __ _ dp...@cs.ualberta.ca
/_ /_/ /\/ /-/ / / /_ dp...@amisk.cs.ualberta.ca

Scott Tadman

Dec 15, 1993, 12:06:12 AM12/15/93
Eugen Woiwod <Eugen_...@mindlink.bc.ca> wrote:

>> Jim writes:
>>
>> Well, a friend and I went into the save games with a HEX editor
>> to strengthen up our players [...]

The first thing to do with a new game is play it. The second is play with
the save files!

>Well for some reason i cant get a chainsaw or rocket launcher to show. I
>would put a 01 at offset 0xB8 for chainsaw and 01 at offset 0xBD for rocket
>launcher. Result? the game crashes on me when i try loading it. So i assume
>perhaps the offsets i have for chainsaw and rocket launcher are wrong?

On one of the levels I did see a chainsaw atop a high pedestal. It was yellow!
How one gets it down from there is beyond me.

BTW, All you need is -devparm. "dev" is some left over bits.

What do -nodraw and -noblit do?

=== (Scott Tadman) tad...@ecf.toronto.edu ====================================

Kevin Burfitt

Dec 16, 1993, 4:06:27 PM12/16/93

Try setting up a network game with 3 players with the following parameters

doom -net 3 -left
doom -net 3
doom -net 3 -right

then set the 'left' and 'right' monitors up next to your middle
monitor, in a sort of VR configuration, so when you turn your head, you
see the screen at 90 degrees...

Awesome way of playing !!!!

Zaph

za...@torps.apana.org.au (Kevin Burfitt)| Carbonated Water, Sugar, Colour(150)
Compuserve: 100240,2002 | Food Acid(338), Flavours, Caffeine
Torps Productions: torps.apana.org.au |
BBS +61-3-813-3688 FidoNet: 3:635/574 | == Nectar of the gods!

Con Spathas

Dec 15, 1993, 9:49:33 PM12/15/93
Denis R. Papp (dp...@amisk.cs.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: dn...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Craig Seman) writes:

: >It also looks like there's a "-record" param but I can't figure out what that
: >does. I'm sure that there are tons of cheath built into the game. We just
: >have to find them. In the press release all you had to do is type "amo" in
: >the game and you got amo/guns...

: Someone (Hank L..?) posted a while ago that the cheat keys would change
: for the actual release.

: Anyone bored and feel like typing tons of 3 key combos on the kbd while
: in doom?

Do you know if they are 3 key combo's?? Maybe more for the shareware!! I tried it for about 5 mins... no luck!

/con...

---------

I thought I could live in your world as years all went by.
With all the voices I've heard, something has died.
And when you're in need of someone, my heart won't deny you.
So many seem so lonely with no one left to cry to, baby.

Pho...@deakin.edu.au
---------

Hans D. Jensen

Dec 17, 1993, 7:06:25 AM12/17/93
Maybe this is old news:
In map mode type: iddt and you get a full map,
type again: iddt and you'll see all objects,
including moving actors!

Maybe there're more??

Hans D. Jensen