GTA ROCKS LIKE A BASTARD!

Marky P

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

There, I've said it now and I won't take it back! No way! Got my copy of
GTA today, (One of the first copies sold in Hertfordshire!), to the
sound of the hallaujah symphony! I actually done a small "Celebratory"
dance in the shop when I held the blessed GTA with my own hands. The
verdict ladies and gentlemen?

RIPPER! ABSOLUTELY RIPPER!

I am a reasonably intelligent bloke, and yet I cannot forsee a time when
the novelty of running amok in a gansta stylee will ever tire me! I may
actually choose it as a career! Make no mistake, this is by far the
"Coolest" game ever, it may not necessarily be the greatest, but its got
"COOL!" coming out of its ears! Comments, statements, opinions, oaths of
allegiance to BMG, queries are welcome, so step forward. Gentlemen, over
to you.................
LATERS! MARKY P :)
--
Marky P

robert wilcox

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

I've got the demo and it keeps asking for a file upon
installation(dino.bat).I even created an empty file by that name ,but
the game still refuses to install.Any ideas??
TIA
-bob-

Laszlo Horvath

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 22:51:16 GMT, rwi...@ix.netcom.com (robert
wilcox) wrote:>>

> I've got the demo and it keeps asking for a file upon
>installation(dino.bat).I even created an empty file by that name ,but
>the game still refuses to install.Any ideas??
>TIA
> -bob-

it only contains one command : demo24.exe

and it's located in the gtados directory.

Did you extract the files with the -d option, by the way?????
I don't think sooooo!!!!!!!

unzip -d gtademo.zip c:\games

Mats Rickenbacker Nylund

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

In article <il2c3CA8...@markyp.demon.co.uk>, Marky P <Mar...@markyp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I am a reasonably intelligent bloke, and yet I cannot forsee a time when
>the novelty of running amok in a gansta stylee will ever tire me! I may
>actually choose it as a career! Make no mistake, this is by far the
>"Coolest" game ever, it may not necessarily be the greatest, but its got
>"COOL!" coming out of its ears!

The whole game totally celebrates the concept of playability and fun over neat
graphics and shitty FMV sequences. I felt like I was playing Rally Speedway 2,
in case any fellow former C-64 owners remember that. It was a racing game, and
it had great control feeling, with the Hollywood-style handling GTA has, and
semi-shitty graphics (although GTA has more than adequate graphics, hell they
even look good in low resolution). I like to consider myself a bit more
cerebral, but I just can't help loving this game :).

Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund

mailto:rickenNOb...@innocent.com
http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-11503/