All Jazz Cheat Codes

Justin Olexy

Aug 22, 1994, 6:01:49 PM8/22/94
Here are the Jazz Jackrabit Cheat Codes....

To use the codes, pause the game <p> and press backspace, then
type the codes in the left hand column.

Code | Effect on the game
GREETZ -Displays a list of Greetz
SABLE -Speed mode
TIM -Displays HAHAHA - unknown effect
CSTRIKE -Hover board
APOGEE -Apogee mode(ha ha ha)
DOOM -Toughend enemies
ARJAN -Displays AWESOME - unknown effect
KEN -Kicks you out to dos
HOOKER -Gives you the bonus level gem
MARK -Kills you
BAD -Get a bird companion
LAMER -Level skip
HOCUS -Teleport - must be on same vertical level as an enemy
CHECK -Debug info, no real use
GUNHED -Get the big guns and ammo + TNT! cool

Game Hacked by Joe Gombarick jun...@ccil.locke.org (9-20)
and Steve Whittam swhi...@ccil.locke.org (Inspired Chaos)
of 9-20 ENTERPRISES.
Posted to net by j...@netaxs.com (jut)

Questions/comments contact us at our email addresses and we will get
back to you soon.

ARJAN... This was too easy. How about more of a challenge next time...
But thanx for the fun...

--
Justin Olexy
j...@netaxs.com

-stoney-

Aug 23, 1994, 1:28:06 AM8/23/94
Justin Olexy (j...@netaxs.com) wrote:
: Here are the Jazz Jackrabit Cheat Codes....
: <deleted>

: ARJAN... This was too easy. How about more of a challenge next time...

: But thanx for the fun...

Now this brings up an interesting, but totally unrelated question. Now,
I'm fairly positive that the correct pronunciation of the programmer and
co-designer's first name is "arr-yawn", but my stupid jingoistic friends
insist on saying "arr-jann", with heavy american accent. I just would
like to settle for all time, WHO'S RIGHT?

-kevin

Dave Barney

Aug 23, 1994, 7:29:40 PM8/23/94
A.R. Brussee (082...@pc-lab.fbk.eur.nl) wrote:
> To all of you:

> just got the Jazz manual... it's AWESOME! It's full color glossy paper, has
> cartoons in it and is just awesome! Now, buy the game!!!!

> arjan brussee - programmer of Jazz
Arjan, did Cliff get a pix of himself in the cartoons?????? :):):):)
I'm Waiting for my copy.......................

--
Gam...@aol.com
Daa...@eskimo.com JAZZ JACKRABBIT

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Aug 24, 1994, 1:13:32 AM8/24/94
>>Now this brings up an interesting, but totally unrelated question. Now,
>>I'm fairly positive that the correct pronunciation of the programmer and
>>co-designer's first name is "arr-yawn", but my stupid jingoistic friends
>>insist on saying "arr-jann", with heavy american accent. I just would
>>like to settle for all time, WHO'S RIGHT?

In America, we call him Ar-Jan... (with HEAVY emphasis on the "Jan" just to
make it sound even worse!) Mouhahahahaha!

Joshua Jensen

Look for Arjan's followup ...

Kevin C. Dorff

Aug 24, 1994, 2:19:46 AM8/24/94
The Man (pow...@bcrkh14.bnr.ca) wrote:

: In article <082813.36...@pc-lab.fbk.eur.nl>, 082...@pc-lab.fbk.eur.nl (A.R. Brussee) writes:
: Did you ever consider approaching Sega and attempting to market their
: very similar game on the PC side? You just might have ended up with a
: very Large market base.
:
: All in all, job very well done, and good luck in making pots of money...
: (Hope you don't make TOO much though, you might attract the attention of
: some other company with a similar game on the market.... ;) )

Yup, Jazz is by far the best jump and run for the pc, and IMO
the best jump and run game I have seem ever (I reg'd it and
the new levels are GREAT!!!!)

I think JJWILL have a large market base, if the fact that
I reg'd it is any indication... I am usually hard to impress.

--
Kevin C. Dorff 5800 Osuna NE #93
men...@hydra.unm.edu Albuquerque, NM 87109

A.R. Brussee

Aug 24, 1994, 3:36:11 PM8/24/94
In article <Cv0H9...@eskimo.com> daa...@eskimo.com (Dave Barney) writes:

>Arjan, did Cliff get a pix of himself in the cartoons?????? :):):):)
>I'm Waiting for my copy.......................

yep, we all have our cartoony-selves in there. Pretty hilarious.

arjan

A.R. Brussee

Aug 24, 1994, 3:35:44 PM8/24/94
In article <33dgmq$o...@bmerha64.bnr.ca> pow...@bcrkh14.bnr.ca (The Man) writes:

> Arjan..! I'm dieing to know.... where did you ever get the inspiration to
>write Jazz?!

guess?! I just did the programming, Cliff did the design etcetera. Our next
Jazz game will sure have some new stuff in there since the basic graphics
engine is done, we can do more tricks.

arjan

A.R. Brussee

Aug 24, 1994, 3:43:05 PM8/24/94

>In America, we call him Ar-Jan... (with HEAVY emphasis on the "Jan" just to
>make it sound even worse!) Mouhahahahaha!

Sure jozef!

Justin Olexy

Aug 24, 1994, 11:34:55 AM8/24/94
In article <nelsonfC...@netcom.com> nel...@netcom.com (Nelson Fernandez Jr) writes:
>From: nel...@netcom.com (Nelson Fernandez Jr)
>Subject: Re: All Jazz Cheat Codes
>Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 22:14:04 GMT

>Justin Olexy (j...@netaxs.com) wrote:
>> Here are the Jazz Jackrabit Cheat Codes....

>>[CODES DELETED]

>> Game Hacked by Joe Gombarick jun...@ccil.locke.org (9-20)
>> and Steve Whittam swhi...@ccil.locke.org (Inspired Chaos)
>> of 9-20 ENTERPRISES.
>> Posted to net by j...@netaxs.com (jut)
>> Questions/comments contact us at our email addresses and we will get
>> back to you soon.
>> ARJAN... This was too easy. How about more of a challenge next time...
>> But thanx for the fun...

>Yeah, it sure is easy to read this group and post whats been common
>knowledge for at least two weeks already.

Heh, that's what I told my friends, but they made me post it :-). They were
just proud of searching for the key scan codes in norton disk edit.

- - -
Justin Olexy
j...@netaxs.com
N3PKV
finger for pgp key

Bruce Rice

Aug 24, 1994, 5:05:54 PM8/24/94

>Now this brings up an interesting, but totally unrelated question. Now,
>I'm fairly positive that the correct pronunciation of the programmer and
>co-designer's first name is "arr-yawn", but my stupid jingoistic friends
>insist on saying "arr-jann", with heavy american accent. I just would
>like to settle for all time, WHO'S RIGHT?

>-kevin

Orville and Wilbur were.

gerald taylor

Aug 25, 1994, 9:43:06 AM8/25/94
A.R. Brussee (082...@pc-lab.fbk.eur.nl) wrote:
: To all of you:

: just got the Jazz manual... it's AWESOME! It's full color glossy paper, has
: cartoons in it and is just awesome! Now, buy the game!!!!

: arjan brussee - programmer of Jazz

Just got my registered set of six Jazz episodes..... They look great !!!
The comic is drawn pretty well ( kinda small in size though ). Basically
the comic is also the manual, which shows all the new badguys . They did
change the cheat codes... ( just add dd in front of all the ones ya already
have now. One seems to be missing though ... Hmmmm!!!!! I thought 16 color
mode was interesting ,too.... Oh well.... New music in the next levels...
and they seem to be Much larger than the shareware levels... The boss at the
end of level six is a hard one to beat!.... Great end of game animation too
... Yes I cheated to see it.. It will take a little while to get through
all these levels... They also talk about a Jazz CD in the manual...
Hey Arjan... give us a bit of news here, ya holding out or what.....

Gerald Taylor tay...@rb.unisys.com
DOOM made me do it !!!!!

-stoney-

Aug 26, 1994, 12:48:01 AM8/26/94
Bruce Rice (br...@fdant.nctr.fda.gov) wrote:

: Orville and Wilbur were.

I'd tell you to zark off but I'm too tired :-)

-kevin

Mark A. Rein

Aug 26, 1994, 5:31:15 AM8/26/94
Arjan,

>guess?! I just did the programming, Cliff did the design etcetera. Our next
>Jazz game will sure have some new stuff in there since the basic graphics
>engine is done, we can do more tricks.

Shhhh!!!!!

Mark Rein, Epic MegaGames.