Duke controls could be better!

ui2...@sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Yeah, Duke Nukem 3D is a really cool game, the first one to match the
feeling of Doom and Dark Forces. But after playing the Terminator Future
Shock demo I started to hate the autoaim mechanism of all this games. If
they include clip changes to be more realistic, why don't they give us the
targeting possibilities like T:FS! It seems the only way to manage views up
and down without breaking your fingers on the keyboard, I only hope Quake
will have something similar!

Werner Spahl (ui2...@sun1.lrz-muenchen.de)
"The meaning of my life is to make me crazy!"

Mark Styles

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960131110937.16611A@sun1>,

<ui2...@sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de> wrote:
>Yeah, Duke Nukem 3D is a really cool game, the first one to match the
>feeling of Doom and Dark Forces. But after playing the Terminator Future
>Shock demo I started to hate the autoaim mechanism of all this games. If
>they include clip changes to be more realistic, why don't they give us the
>targeting possibilities like T:FS! It seems the only way to manage views up
>and down without breaking your fingers on the keyboard, I only hope Quake
>will have something similar!

Yeah, I found the aiming mechanism a bit hard to use trying to get some
of the guys flying around on jetpacks, but maybe that'll come with practice

One thing that I did find very dangerous is the way it automatically
wields the RPG (or is it RFG? damned if I can remember) if you run out
of shotgun/pistol ammo, I blew myself up several times because of this!

Other than that its an excellent game, and its been pretty much bug free!

Mark Styles

-- Opinions expressed here are my own --

Boom Toob

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
feeling of Doom and Dark Forces. But after playing the Terminator Future
Shock demo I started to hate the autoaim mechanism of all this games. If
they include clip changes to be more realistic, why don't they give us the

targeting possibilities like T:FS! It seems the only way to manage views
up
and down without breaking your fingers on the keyboard, I only hope Quake
will have something similar!<<<<

I reprogrammed my Suncom FX joystick's directional pad to do this. You
can get the exact same targeting feel as T:FS! You can easily aim up and
blow away those flying aliens before they even know what hit them. Too
bad Suncom doesn't make a mouse that you could reprogram too.

Boomer of the Toob

Nick Vargish

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In tame electrons, Mark Styles <ma...@sensible.teleord.co.uk> wrote:

>One thing that I did find very dangerous is the way it automatically
>wields the RPG (or is it RFG? damned if I can remember) if you run out
>of shotgun/pistol ammo, I blew myself up several times because of this!

Yes! This has been the demise of many of my Dukes. Verrrry annoying.

Blam blam blam blam! clik... BOOOOOM! "This sucks"

Nick

--
+------------------------------------+ my favorite computer things: Perl