idNews: sorry- not tonight

David Taylor

Dec 14, 1993, 11:35:54 PM12/14/93
Well, we were going to release 1.00 tonight, but it appears that
ftp.uwp.edu is full. It's kinda convenient, tho, 'cause we'd like
to do a little more testing anyway.

Should be tomorrow.

=-ddt->

ANDR...@delphi.com

Dec 15, 1993, 1:00:37 AM12/15/93
Will this update be another BIG 2 meg download or just a small patch?
Please god, let it be a small patch! :)

Eugen Woiwod

Dec 15, 1993, 3:16:13 AM12/15/93
> ANDR...@delphi.com writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <931215.0363...@delphi.com>

> Will this update be another BIG 2 meg download or just a small patch?
> Please god, let it be a small patch! :)

It will be most likely a patched DOOM.EXE file using a less buggy 32bit dos
extender.

Ttul

William Lachance

Dec 15, 1993, 7:56:54 AM12/15/93

In a previous article, Eugen_...@mindlink.bc.ca (Eugen Woiwod) says:

>> Will this update be another BIG 2 meg download or just a small patch?
>> Please god, let it be a small patch! :)
>

>It will be most likely a patched DOOM.EXE file using a less buggy 32bit dos
>extender.

I e-mailed David Taylor and he said it would be BOTH(a whole new zip file
AND a patch). Don't know what the patch constitutes though.
| William Lachance || E-mail address: ad...@freenet.carleton.ca |
| I was going to put something witty and funny in this box, but I |
| forgot what it was |--------------------------------------------|

Elias 'CaveMan' Papavassilopoulos

Dec 15, 1993, 11:00:51 AM12/15/93

Ok people, these are the original DOOM cheat codes (like the Wolfenstein
debug keys). I didn't get round to looking for them until I had finished all
levels in Ultimate Violence mode and found all secrets.

-------- SPOILER ALERT ------- SPOILER ALERT --------- SPOILER ALERT --------

You just have to type the following magic words while playing:

iddqd Degreelessness mode (God mode)
idkfa Very Happy Ammo. (full ammo + 200% armour, no backpack)
idspispopd No clipping (SPISPOPD?)
idbehold followed by S, V, I, R, A, L for various things (menu)
idclev followed by episode number and level number: warp
idmypos prints your co-ordinates in hex
idchoppers prints 'Doesn't suck - GM' (What ??????????)

Enjoy,

Elias.
ep...@cus.cam.ac.uk.

PS. DOOM RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gene Baxter

Dec 15, 1993, 2:32:37 PM12/15/93
U Da Man!!!!!!!!!!

Seth Cohn

Dec 15, 1993, 3:20:50 PM12/15/93
In article <1993Dec15.1...@infodev.cam.ac.uk> ep...@cus.cam.ac.uk (Elias 'CaveMan' Papavassilopoulos) writes:

> Ok people, these are the original DOOM cheat codes (like the Wolfenstein
>debug keys). I didn't get round to looking for them until I had finished all
>levels in Ultimate Violence mode and found all secrets.
>
>-------- SPOILER ALERT ------- SPOILER ALERT --------- SPOILER ALERT --------
>

>You just have to type the following magic words while playing:
>
>iddqd Degreelessness mode (God mode)
>idkfa Very Happy Ammo. (full ammo + 200% armour, no backpack)
>idspispopd No clipping (SPISPOPD?)

Folks, you have David Taylor to blame for this! He Loved the SPISPOPD stuff
and mailed me about it. In fact, I was playing with Doom and trying stuff
but while I tried id and spispopd I never tried them together.. :(

>idbehold followed by S, V, I, R, A, L for various things (menu)
>idclev followed by episode number and level number: warp
>idmypos prints your co-ordinates in hex
>idchoppers prints 'Doesn't suck - GM' (What ??????????)
>
>Enjoy,
>
>Elias.
>ep...@cus.cam.ac.uk.
>
>PS. DOOM RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Elias!

--
Seth Cohn - Warning - I use CAPS to emphasize, not to yell |If you read
email preferred - I consider spelling errors and grammar |RUOW, Honk!

Fist

Dec 15, 1993, 3:12:35 PM12/15/93
ep...@cus.cam.ac.uk writes:

> Ok people, these are the original DOOM cheat codes (like the Wolfenstein

Thanks for the codes, guy. Much better than a savegame hack.
--
Hap "The Fist" Campbell | University of Virginia
hs...@watt.seas.Virginia.EDU | School of Engineering & Applied Science