MLChess 1.04

Peter Österlund

Dec 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/26/95
Hello Everybody!

I have now finished version 1.04 of MLChess. The main improvement in this
version is that a small random displacement is added to each leaf node in
the static evaluation function. This means that the program will
not always play the same move in the same situation. Currently, the
displacement is in the range -3...+3 (centipawns). I don't really know if
this is a good value. Maybe it should be possible to change the randomness
at run time?

This version and the source is also uploaded to cbs.cis.com.

begin 700 chess.lib
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
`
end