MLChess 1.09

Peter Osterlund

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99

What is it?
-----------

MLChess is a chess program written in SysRPL and ML. It supports three
different levels, board editing, one/two player mode, en passant,
castling, opening book with 600 halfmoves, save/load games and more.

MLChess is free software (GPL license).

What's new in version 1.09
--------------------------

After a suggestion from Giuseppe Lo Presti I made some small changes
in MLChess to make it possible to replay a game. New commands are:

* "redo" which is the inverse of "undo".

* "strt" to undo all moves in the game.

* "" to repeat the previous command.

Changes in version 1.08 (version 1.08 was never officially released)

* Bug fix: The program sometimes made an illegal move in level 3
when mate was inevitable.

Where to get it
---------------

The program is available from my home page and has also been uploaded
to ftp.hpcalc.org.

--
Peter Österlund Email: peter.o...@mailbox.swipnet.se
Sköndalsvägen 35 f90...@nada.kth.se

Glenn Capone

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Peter,

Thank you for a challenging and entertaining game. I have had version
1.07 loaded for quite some time, and I enjoy it.

To everybody else,

This an open recommendation for MLChess! It plays great and it doesn't
take up much room.

Best Regards,
Glenn

In article <m2hfpn5...@ppro.localdomain>,