1520 plotter microcontroller unit

Konrad Buryło

Jun 18, 2001, 5:47:23 AM6/18/01
I have MOS chips that were probably the MCU from VC 1520 plotter.
Symbol is: 325340-01 and 325340-03. Year: 1983 (weeks from 14 to 28).
Does anyone have that plotter and can check this chip ?
In fact this is R6501 MCU and I know it had debug mode (contents of internal
ROM could be read, but there is no info on how to do it).

Konrad Burylo

Cameron Kaiser

Jun 18, 2001, 10:13:56 AM6/18/01
"Konrad Burylo" <kbu...@elka.pw.edu.pl> writes:

>I have MOS chips that were probably the MCU from VC 1520 plotter.
>Symbol is: 325340-01 and 325340-03. Year: 1983 (weeks from 14 to 28).
>Does anyone have that plotter and can check this chip ?

I'm supposed to be getting one on Saturday. Drop me an E-mail next week
and I'll check for you.

--
Cameron Kaiser * cka...@stockholm.ptloma.edu * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/

Matthew S. Carpenter

Jun 20, 2001, 6:24:17 PM6/20/01
Konrad Buryłokbu...@elka.pw.edu.pl06/18/2001 02:47 AM

Hello,
I just opened up my 1520 plotter and there is a chip that says 325340-03
on it inside. I don't really know much else about this plotter as I got it
very recently and haven't had a chance to do anything with it. It says Rev
C on the board inside.

The previous owner of my plotter installed a switch for changing its ID
between 4 and 6, but I don't know if it really works yet.

The manual for my Plotter has a Copyright date of 1983 inside the cover.
--
-MSC
AIM: MSC1983MSC

Konrad Burylo

Jun 22, 2001, 4:32:09 AM6/22/01
> Hello,
> I just opened up my 1520 plotter and there is a chip that says
325340-03
> on it inside. I don't really know much else about this plotter as I got
it
> very recently and haven't had a chance to do anything with it.

So now I can build my own 1520 clone, since I've got 10 of that chips :) (I
don't know if they are good, but I hope at least one is working).
I have even got a plotter that I can put this MCU into (old, Czechoslovakian
"Graficka Jednotka", dumb controller - only 74 and 40 logic families).

Konrad