People are lurking

Avon

Jul 24, 2015, 3:28:29 AM7/24/15
Just to confirm there is life here.

--
Agency BBS, New Zealand | bbs.geek.nz | telnet: agency.bbs.geek.nz:23

Mudge

Jul 24, 2015, 1:26:41 PM7/24/15
On 2015-07-24 01:27:47 -0600, Avon said:

> Just to confirm there is life here.

Indeed !

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in 24C Calgary)
Remove noxious CO2 - plant many trees

Avon

Jul 24, 2015, 4:49:58 PM7/24/15
On 07/24/15, Mudge pondered and said...

Mu> From: Nos...@never.ever
Mu>
Mu> On 2015-07-24 01:27:47 -0600, Avon said:
Mu>
Mu> > Just to confirm there is life here.
Mu>
Mu> Indeed !

aha.. more life, cool. theres hope for me yet ;-)

Ryan Collins

Jul 28, 2015, 3:37:12 PM7/28/15
Avon <removemef...@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org> wrote:
> Just to confirm there is life here.

Yes there is.

__ _ ___ ______ _ _ __
/ _` |/ _ \_ / _` | '__|
| (_| | (_) / / (_| | |
\__, |\___/___\__,_|_|
|___/

Mudge

Jul 28, 2015, 4:32:08 PM7/28/15
On 2015-07-28 13:36:41 -0600, Ryan Collins said:
> Avon wrote:
>> Just to confirm there is life here.
>
> Yes there is.

Only just !

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in 22C Calgary)

David Solimano

Jul 29, 2015, 10:15:48 PM7/29/15
On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:27:47 +1200,
removemef...@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Avon) wrote:

>Just to confirm there is life here.

Not dead yet. And, there's a fellow in comp.sys.atari.advocacy who
wants to talk about STs.
--
David Solimano
da...@solimano.org

Bill F

Aug 4, 2015, 12:32:19 PM8/4/15
i still read the few postings that show up here. I still have a
collection of STs, a couple of Mega STs and a TT. Have not powered any
of them on for years but am still a fan of Atari and try to keep up
with any Atari news. I am on OSX now and occasionally run an Atari
emulator on a Mac.

Charles Richmond

Aug 4, 2015, 5:29:16 PM8/4/15
"Bill F" <an...@anonumost.org> wrote in message
The design of the assembly language for the MC68000 is beautiful! It was
created for programmers to *directly* program in assembly language. Many of
the RISC architectures are quirky and are intended to be used as targets for
compilers. Putting MC68000 assembly language next to x86 assembly
language... is like standing Cinderella next to her ugly step-sisters!!!

--

numerist at aquaporin4 dot com

David Jones

Aug 7, 2015, 10:41:44 AM8/7/15
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 10:15:48 PM UTC-4, David Solimano wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:27:47 +1200,
>
> >Just to confirm there is life here.
>
> Not dead yet. And, there's a fellow in comp.sys.atari.advocacy who
> wants to talk about STs.
> --
> David Solimano

Well I'm one of the lurkers. I've been getting back into old computers and firing up/restoring mine. Surprisingly most have started right back up other than keyboard problems.

JoeAtari

Aug 8, 2015, 1:31:17 AM8/8/15
Yes, I still watch this newsgroup. Things are slow these days, but if
you really need help, it has been my experience that there are still
people watching to help you. I miss the days when this newsgroup was
more active. I think this is a great way to communicate, without the
need of a "web" interface and all.
--
Joseph Place
http://www.falconproductions.us

Arachide

Aug 8, 2015, 2:16:17 PM8/8/15
Le 24/07/2015 09:27, Avon a écrit :
> Just to confirm there is life here.

I still read this group, waiting for something to happen. :-))

Guillaume.

Ken Springer

Aug 8, 2015, 4:12:11 PM8/8/15
On 7/24/15 1:27 AM, Avon wrote:
> Just to confirm there is life here.

I lurk too. :-) Hard to give up fond memories of Atari when computing
was simpler.

If I ever win a lottery, I'd like to update/modernize my Hades 060, but
that's not in the near future. :-(

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5

Mudge

Aug 8, 2015, 5:30:03 PM8/8/15
Why - you think the Atari computer will rise from the ashes ???

Not gonna happen !

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in 23C Calgary)

Arachide

Aug 9, 2015, 9:40:13 AM8/9/15
Le 08/08/2015 23:30, Mudge a écrit :
> On 2015-08-08 12:16:05 -0600, Arachide said:
>> Le 24/07/2015 09:27, Avon a écrit :
>>> Just to confirm there is life here.
>>>
>> I still read this group, waiting for something to happen. :-))
>
> Why - you think the Atari computer will rise from the ashes ???

No, I'm not a dreamer.

> Not gonna happen !

But some projects can still exist (hardware, programming, games) and
maybe some question can be posted here that I can answer.

Guillaume.

Avon

Aug 15, 2015, 3:21:09 AM8/15/15
On 08/08/15, Mudge pondered and said...

Mu> Why - you think the Atari computer will rise from the ashes ???

They pulled a lot of game cartridges out of a dump, so anything is possible.
:)