Atari & C-LAB GmbH agreement

John Hutchinson

Jun 22, 1994, 9:52:39 AM6/22/94

Here's a note from James Grunke, Director of Atari Music and AUdio that
some of you might find of interest:

============
Last Friday (June 17) at the Atari annual stockholders meeting, Sam Tramiel
announced that Atari is licensing Falcon030 technology to C-LAB GmbH of
Germany in order to have continued development of a pro-audio/music
multimedia workstation. We are confident that the proprietary Falcon030
technology can be competitively developed with dedicated hardware and
software to support the growing needs of pro-audio, broadcast, and
multimedia production. C-LAB GmbH has extensive experience in developing and
marketing multimedia software and pro-audio hardware. Product details and
specifications will be released at a later date.

Atari will continue to manufacture and support the Falcon030 in its current
configurations as the market demands. Atari is considering further computer
products based on the Jaguar chip set, the worlds first and only 64-bit
interactive multimedia home entertainment system.

Thank you for your support.

James Grunke Director, Atari Music and Audio

=============

Anything from Atari HQ that mentions the Falcon in a good light is welcome!

-Hutch- @ Fair Dinkum Tech

Hallvard Tangerås

Jun 22, 1994, 5:57:31 PM6/22/94

In article <1994Jun22....@boojum.lanl.gov>, hu...@ilmen.a5-ilmen (John Hutchinson) writes:

> Here's a note from James Grunke, Director of Atari Music and AUdio that
> some of you might find of interest:
>
> ============
> Last Friday (June 17) at the Atari annual stockholders meeting, Sam Tramiel
> announced that Atari is licensing Falcon030 technology to C-LAB GmbH of
> Germany............. (SNIP).........

I thought C-Lab had changed it's name to EMAGIC !!!?????.....
Does this mean there is still a C-Lab, plus EMAGIC?

Hallvard, Oslo, Norway

Steven Selick

Jun 22, 1994, 8:34:16 PM6/22/94
Hallvard Tangerås (hall...@ifi.uio.no) wrote:

: Hallvard, Oslo, Norway

I thought C-Lab was defunct. I think Emagic (Ensoniq?) bought the rights
to Notator from C-Lab, and C-lab just died out. I guess I was wrong, or
they re-formed to do a new project.
-Steve
sel...@acs.bu.edu
ak...@yfn.ysu.edu
steven...@ccol.org

Hutch

Jun 23, 1994, 10:25:30 AM6/23/94
In article s...@news.bu.edu, sel...@bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:

>Hallvard Tangerås (hall...@ifi.uio.no) wrote:
>
>: I thought C-Lab had changed it's name to EMAGIC !!!?????.....
>: Does this mean there is still a C-Lab, plus EMAGIC?
>
>I thought C-Lab was defunct. I think Emagic (Ensoniq?) bought the rights
>to Notator from C-Lab, and C-lab just died out. I guess I was wrong, or
>they re-formed to do a new project.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I only posted a direct quote from Grunke.
Maybe Atari has signed an agreement with a bankrupt company. Hmmm, I would
not put it past them, would you? :)

-Hutch-

___________________________ John "HUTCH" Hutchinson _________________________
_________________ Fair Dinkum Technologies Member - IAAD _______________
________________ "No worries, mate... it's from Fair Dinkum!" _______________
_____________ email: hu...@ilmen.lanl.gov GEnie: FAIR-DINKUM ______________

Roger Snyder

Jun 23, 1994, 7:01:17 PM6/23/94
C-Lab and Emagic are two seperate companies.

Steve Johnson

Jun 24, 1994, 4:16:08 PM6/24/94
In article <2uac4b$3...@yrsa.ifi.uio.no>,
Hallvard Tangerås <hall...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

>> Here's a note from James Grunke, Director of Atari Music and AUdio that
>> some of you might find of interest:
>>
>> ============
>> Last Friday (June 17) at the Atari annual stockholders meeting, Sam Tramiel
>> announced that Atari is licensing Falcon030 technology to C-LAB GmbH of
>> Germany............. (SNIP).........

>I thought C-Lab had changed it's name to EMAGIC !!!?????.....
>Does this mean there is still a C-Lab, plus EMAGIC?

What happened was that C-Lab had a software division and a
hardware division. The software guys left and started up
Emagic w/ Ensoniq, so yes, there is a C-Lab AND Emagic.

--
| Steve Johnson | "People will always be tempted to wipe |
| Email: ste...@genie.geis.com | their feet on anything with 'Welcome' |

Hallvard Tangerås

Jun 25, 1994, 5:19:12 PM6/25/94

In article <2ufeu8$q...@elaine.teleport.com>, ste...@teleport.com (Steve Johnson) writes:
> In article <2uac4b$3...@yrsa.ifi.uio.no>,
> Hallvard Tangerås <hall...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> >I thought C-Lab had changed it's name to EMAGIC !!!?????.....
> >Does this mean there is still a C-Lab, plus EMAGIC?

> What happened was that C-Lab had a software division and a
> hardware division. The software guys left and started up
> Emagic w/ Ensoniq, so yes, there is a C-Lab AND Emagic.

so, doesn't emagic make the unitor, steady eye, export etc. any more?
Does C-lab continue with that stuff?
And what you say about Emagic/Ensoniq only applies for the US, right?
I didn't think they'd have any partnership- they're only the authorized
dealer for Emagic in the States, aren't they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hallvard, Oslo, Norway

Christopher Taylor Oates

Jun 26, 1994, 3:54:53 AM6/26/94

In <2ui70g$p...@yrsa.ifi.uio.no> hall...@ifi.uio.no (Hallvard Tangeras) writes:
>And what you say about Emagic/Ensoniq only applies for the US, right?
>I didn't think they'd have any partnership- they're only the authorized
>dealer for Emagic in the States, aren't they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Were is the appropriate term. At last check, thinkware was distributing
Emagic products in the U.S.

~Chris