Macintosh emulation with STeem?

Axel

Sep 1, 2014, 12:23:34 PM9/1/14
I just installed STeem on a Win7pro PC and after I found out, that most
of my old software works very well with it, I would like to use the Mac
Emulator Aladin, mentioned at "http://ataristeven.t15.org/Steem_apps.htm".
Quite some years ago I used it on a ST520, but never tried it on my
F030. But I still kept the disks.
The question is how to transfer the boot or startdisk on my PC.
An older W98se PC with a floppy doesn´t like the disk. Is there a way to
transfer the disk to my Win7pro PC in order to use the files with STeem
for the Mac Emulation?

Greetings
Axel

I posted this also in atari-forum.com

Bill Marcum

Sep 1, 2014, 5:09:47 PM9/1/14
As I recall, TOS used the MSDOS file system, and only the boot sector
was different. You might be able to transfer the disk using Linux, or
there were ST emulators for Win98.

Axel

Sep 2, 2014, 1:36:37 AM9/2/14
Am 01.09.2014 23:09, schrieb Bill Marcum:

> As I recall, TOS used the MSDOS file system, and only the boot sector
> was different. You might be able to transfer the disk using Linux, or
> there were ST emulators for Win98.
The file system is similar with MSDOS, with just little changes. My old
PC with a floppy drive won´t read the discs, but Linux might be a good idea.
I´ll get me a Linux live CD and give it a try.

Axel

Arachide

Sep 2, 2014, 2:49:16 AM9/2/14

The TOS disks are fully readable by a PC from TOS 1.2 or 1.4 (can't
remember when they changed!). Only the very first Ataris had those
little changes in the boot sector.

I remember there was a little tool to modify the early disks so they
could be read by both PC and ST.

Guillaume.

Ken Springer

Sep 2, 2014, 3:32:35 AM9/2/14
One of those tools to modify the boot sector was from Little Green
Football, maybe Footballs. Free stuff from the guys at Codehead
Software. Can't remember the name of the program.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5