Gumball (partial) original assembly source

Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'

Apr 19, 2018, 1:31:29 PM4/19/18
Gumball has not one, not two, but three fragments (*) of the original source assembly/code left on disk!
Here is my writeup about how to (re)discover them, extract them, and view them.

https://github.com/Michaelangel007/apple2_gumball

A _complete_ whole track of source code. Who knew!

(*) Fragments 1 and 3 are assembly, Fragment 2 is a symbol table.

Enjoy!

P.S.
Thanks to qkumba for the gentle reminder to get off my duff. =P

Michael J. Mahon

Apr 19, 2018, 3:12:31 PM4/19/18
...and Sideways has a deleted file which is the source to its nibble count
protection! ;-)

Another kind of Easter egg!

Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'

Apr 21, 2018, 1:42:11 PM4/21/18
Haven't heard of that title. Nice little protection!

Has qkumba, 4am, or antoine (re?)cracked it yet? ;-)

Steve Nickolas

Apr 21, 2018, 1:44:57 PM4/21/18
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018, Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev' wrote:

> Haven't heard of that title. Nice little protection!
>
> Has qkumba, 4am, or antoine (re?)cracked it yet? ;-)

Think 4am did?

-uso.

Antoine Vignau

Apr 21, 2018, 5:41:43 PM4/21/18
On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 7:42:11 PM UTC+2, Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev' wrote:
> Haven't heard of that title. Nice little protection!
>
> Has qkumba, 4am, or antoine (re?)cracked it yet? ;-)

I did not, that was the job of qkumba and 4am

qkumba

Apr 21, 2018, 10:20:48 PM4/21/18
Sideways - I think that Antoine did it already, but I have it here in the to-do pile in any case.

Antoine Vignau

Apr 22, 2018, 3:55:49 AM4/22/18
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 4:20:48 AM UTC+2, qkumba wrote:
> Sideways - I think that Antoine did it already, but I have it here in the to-do pile in any case.

Oops, the question was about Sideways. I cannot find any cracking notes here, so I am pretty sure I have not tried to break it. I own v2 of it, I'll have a look soon,

av

Antoine Vignau

Apr 22, 2018, 12:56:39 PM4/22/18
Sideways v2 is not copy-protected
av

Michael J. Mahon

Apr 22, 2018, 7:16:34 PM4/22/18
Antoine Vignau <antoine...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Sideways v2 is not copy-protected
> av

Version 1 was protected and had the deleted file with the source code for
the nibble count. ;-)

Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'

Apr 27, 2018, 11:08:50 AM4/27/18
> Version 1 was protected and had the deleted file with the source code for
> the nibble count. ;-)

WOW. That's funny / sad / extremely ironic!