White Christmas - a yuletide log (now with audio!)

frank_...@hotmail.com

Dec 21, 2018, 3:04:58 AM12/21/18

Following in the long tradition of the 'holiday demo', I offer an update to my Video Fireplace from last year. I've incorporated Oliver Schmidt's "Binary Time constant" audio player for full motion lores graphics and high quality sound. Should run on a ][+ as long as you have a language card, on up to the //gs. On real hardware I recommend a CFFA3000. Download from the following location...

http://frankjames.net/downloads/WhiteChristmas_12-20-2018.2mg.zip

Thank you to the following for code, tools, and ideas:

qkumba, Oliver Schmidt, Michael Mahon, i am rob, Andy McFadden, Audacity Team Members, Roman Black, Bing Crosby and last but not least Jojo (wherever you are).

frank_...@hotmail.com

Dec 21, 2018, 5:46:40 PM12/21/18
Tech Specs:

Video - 40x48x16 - 12.4 frames per second on CFFA3000 - Conversion via Photoshop (using indexed colors to lores palette) as a JavaScript batch process and rendered in BASIC.

Audio - 33,000 Hz mono playback to Apple II speaker - duty cycle 77% (plays 256 bytes, then advances 77 bytes to sync with video data load). Audio converted from MP3 using Audacity, compressed, exported as 16-bit WAV, and converted to BTC/delta encoding using BTc Sound Encoder 3.0.

Both data types are interleaved in the file "WHITE.CHRISTMAS". Playback speed achieved using ProRWTS2. Data conversion aided and abetted by CiderPress. Released with ProDOS 2.4.2.

Anthony Adverse

Dec 22, 2018, 5:12:10 AM12/22/18
Nice Work

Oliver Schmidt

Dec 23, 2018, 5:35:16 PM12/23/18
Hi Frank,

>http://frankjames.net/downloads/WhiteChristmas_12-20-2018.2mg.zip

Nice :-)

>Thank you to the following for code, tools, and ideas:
>
>qkumba, Oliver Schmidt, Michael Mahon, i am rob, Andy McFadden, Audacity Te=
>am Members, Roman Black, Bing Crosby and last but not least Jojo (wherever =
>you are).

Thanks for the credits!

BTW: With
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/Play-BTc/commit/45ac69eff64eac89e1fd07c56f885463682219a2
I added a reference to this article to the BTc Player README.

Regards,
Oliver