ADTPro 2.0.0 Released

David Schmidt

May 25, 2014, 7:15:09 PM5/25/14
It is time for the Wide protocol to see the light of day. Version 2.0.0
has been released, and it's a doozy (at least from the internals point
of view). Many of the underlying subsystems were ripped-and-replaced,
from the basic block transport to the Apple ///'s screen I/O. All with
an eye towards improved performance and... finally, a file picker that
lets you choose a file from whatever the host is serving.

This is a "point-oh" release in every sense of the word, so if you're
daring... go ahead and get on the bleeding edge.

http://adtpro.sourceforge.net

2.0.0 - May 25, 2014

New functionality:

New protocol (code-named "Wide") that makes transport more reliable
and significantly faster with tunable payload lengths
[Client] Arrow-and-Return interface for choosing a file to receive
[Client] Arrow-and-Return interface for the main menu
[Client] Directory listing allows for wildcard filtering of files,
paging forward and backward
[SOS Client] Slow driver-based screen I/O subsystem replaced with
custom code, significantly speeding up display
Separated ProDOS and SOS boot disks for ADTPro client; VDRIVE boot
disk remains common to both

Bug fixes:

When the server decides to abort, the new protocol will not react
to the "spray of commands" when the client (re-)sends data
that isn't supposed to be commands
[SOS Client] Keyboard interaction works correctly
[SOS Client, SOS VSDrive] Changing serial connected-ness to the
Apple /// no longer causes fatal SOS $02 errors
[SOS Client] Bare-metal bootstrap more reliable with timeout logic
borrowed from Speediboot and made prettier with a logo and
better display management
[Client] Hitting the escape key on the configuration screen truly
aborts changes; this prevents DHCP from requesting a new
IP address, for example
[Build] Re-architected 'Ant' build system to be completely
dependency-driven; allows complete granularity of build
target

Antoine Vignau

May 26, 2014, 5:46:06 AM5/26/14
Very nice!
Thank you, David.

av

D Finnigan

May 28, 2014, 12:25:29 PM5/28/14
David Schmidt wrote:

> finally, a file picker that
> lets you choose a file from whatever the host is serving.

Yes, this was an obvious improvement too. Thanks for your work on this
program. :-)

--
]DF$
Apple II Book: http://macgui.com/newa2guide/

Chris Torrence

May 28, 2014, 12:55:29 PM5/28/14
Has anyone gotten this to work with the Raspberry Pi? I updated both the disk and the RPi code, but ran into some issue where the Apple wouldn't connect to the RPi. It's probably just something that I mis-configured, but before I dig into it any further I was curious whether someone had been successful.

Or, if that doesn't work, does anyone (Ivan?) know when it will be incorporated into A2CLOUD?

Thanks in advance!
Chris