Is Jim Drew *THAT* Jim Drew?

Christopher Wiles

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

(pardon if this post isn't exactly on-charter)

Is the Jim Drew that is responsible for the Emplant indeed the same Jim
Drew that (worked for? owned?) MegaSoft in the mid-eighties?

If so, I'd be _very_ interested in knowing exactly what the deal was with
the "Shadow" board ...

-- Chris (wil...@ai.cs.fujitsu.com)
Due to the bloody USENET-culling spammers, I've had to alter my return
address a bit. Replace the .com with .co.jp to reply.

Jim Drew

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

In article <5rrkik$cu1$1...@news.fsr.net>,

wil...@ai.cs.fujitsu.com (Christopher Wiles) wrote:

> (pardon if this post isn't exactly on-charter)
>
> Is the Jim Drew that is responsible for the Emplant indeed the same Jim
> Drew that (worked for? owned?) MegaSoft in the mid-eighties?

Yes, 'worked for'. Shortly after the Shadow fisasco, MegaSoft changed
its name to Utilities Unlimited, which I worked for until August 23rd,
1996.

> If so, I'd be _very_ interested in knowing exactly what the deal was with
> the "Shadow" board ...

The guy who designed the Shadow (wasn't me.. I was working for Central
Point software at the time, writing Copy ][ 64/128) was a complete scam
artist. The hardware did not work. It was a good idea in theory, but
the instability of the disk drives was a problem that the designer knew
about, but did not care. The designer's name was Jack Radigan, and he
was sentenced to a lengthy prison term after the authorities discovered
he had done this to numerous companies (designed phony hardware, take a
bunch of money, and run). I 'fixed' the Shadow so at least the 8K of
static RAM on the board could be used as a track buffer. Software was
then written to dump out full tracks similar to my SuperCard II+
hardware/software did.

... so there is your answer. :-)

bea...@mailexcite.com

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <8704189...@dejanews.com>,

Well, if it wasn't a well known fact that you yourself are a "complete
scam artist", I and others on the 'Net might belive you Jim.

Unfortunatly, too many people remember you and your ways... just a quick
archive check shows some real interesting stuff... and this is only the
old Commodore newsgroup... there were too many results from a query of
comp.sys.amiga.emulations. Try:

http://xp10.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=jim+drew+ramboard&svcclass=dnold

Just like those guys say, I'm glad you didn't amount to much. People
like you seldom do!

Beavis

Jim Drew

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <8706340...@dejanews.com>,

ms...@ctaz.com wrote:
> Well, if it wasn't a well known fact that you yourself are a "complete
> scam artist", I and others on the 'Net might belive you Jim.

Catch a clue... *I* have scammed nobody. The company that I worked for
definately had some shady business practices.

> Unfortunatly, too many people remember you and your ways... just a quick
> archive check shows some real interesting stuff... and this is only the
> old Commodore newsgroup... there were too many results from a query of
> comp.sys.amiga.emulations. Try:
>
> http://xp10.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=jim+drew+ramboard&svcclass=dnold

I looked here... found nothing out of the ordinary. What am I *suppose*
to find? :-)

> Just like those guys say, I'm glad you didn't amount to much. People
> like you seldom do!

I am glad you have no idea what you're talking about. :-)

Craig Blackman

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

On 03-Aug-97 13:21:15, Re: Is Jim Drew *THAT* Jim Drew?, beavis
wrote:

>In article <8704189...@dejanews.com>,
> Jim Drew <ms...@ctaz.com> wrote:
>>
>> In article <5rrkik$cu1$1...@news.fsr.net>,
>> wil...@ai.cs.fujitsu.com (Christopher Wiles) wrote:
>> >
>> > (pardon if this post isn't exactly on-charter)

Beavis,

Put your vile statements somewhere else. We don't need it here.

If you have something constructive then press.

Craig Blackman | 3000T & 3640 in PC Tower, ADOS 3.1
mailto:sk...@flash.net | 50Megs, CV 64, GVP I/O, EmplantPro
Tucson, Arizona | FastLane Z3, AD 516, Syq 270
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." -- Quayle

Jim Drew

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

;-----------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Is Jim Drew *THAT* Jim Drew? From: bea...@mailexcite.com
Date: 1997/08/03 Message-Id: <8706340...@dejanews.com> References:
<5rrkik$cu1$1...@news.fsr.net> <8704189...@dejanews.com>

;-----------------------------------------------------------

Ever notice how cowards hide behind phoney email addresses? Not to
mention use Windows95! ;-)

Anyone know how to find the IP: 130.54.101.98 ??

Jim Harvey

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

Jim Drew wrote:
> Ever notice how cowards hide behind phoney email addresses? Not to
> mention use Windows95! ;-)
>
> Anyone know how to find the IP: 130.54.101.98 ??

[jbh@localhost jbh]$ nslookup 130.54.101.98
Server: ns1.ameritech.net
Address: 206.141.251.2

Name: lsd.pharm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Address: 130.54.101.98

*Some* windows 95 machines also run Linux...

--
Jim Harvey, Redford, Mich. Amiga person - Linux person - WB8NBS
This message came from Netscape running on a LINUX Laptop!

William J. Jones

Aug 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/9/97

On 04-Aug-97 10:33:04, Jim Drew pontificated:

>In article <8706340...@dejanews.com>,
> ms...@ctaz.com wrote:
>> Well, if it wasn't a well known fact that you yourself are a "complete
>> scam artist", I and others on the 'Net might belive you Jim.

>Catch a clue... *I* have scammed nobody. The company that I worked for
>definately had some shady business practices.

>> Unfortunatly, too many people remember you and your ways... just a quick
>> archive check shows some real interesting stuff... and this is only the
>> old Commodore newsgroup... there were too many results from a query of
>> comp.sys.amiga.emulations. Try:
>>
>> http://xp10.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=jim+drew+ramboard&svcclass=dnold

>I looked here... found nothing out of the ordinary. What am I *suppose*
>to find? :-)

>> Just like those guys say, I'm glad you didn't amount to much. People
>> like you seldom do!

Man, are you out to lunch or what. I've read news for several years now,
followed c.s.a.e for all of that time and I can honestly say that although
Jim may have been over optomistic at times in his timing for releases, and
though the company he worked for may have released bogus statements, I
have always found Jim to be very helpful and patient even when I have been
rather ignorant. You are way off base here dingbat!

>I am glad you have no idea what you're talking about. :-)

Squiggy

Martial Arts and the Amiga... Life just doesn't get any better than this!