Peter Naulls does not exist

Christopher Self

Jun 3, 2005, 1:02:15 PM6/3/05
Peter Naulls is not a real person. It is a computer algorithmn known as a
Report Writer.

I don't have any academic knowledge on this subject but I do play Quake
Arena an awful lot and my instincts tell me Peter Naulls is a bot.

I'm not very upset about it, it's probably one less thing to worry about.
And he seems to be heading over to the Iyonix anyway, which I probably
never will. Should I find this funny?

Chris

Jules

Jun 3, 2005, 2:34:33 PM6/3/05
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:02:15 +0000, Christopher Self wrote:

> Peter Naulls is not a real person. It is a computer algorithmn known as a
> Report Writer.

I've met Peter. He didn't strike me as very bot-like!

Maybe I should take a magnet with me next time just to be sure ;)

Dave Barnett

Jun 3, 2005, 2:32:56 PM6/3/05
In message <pan.2005.06.03....@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>
Jules <julesric...@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Garlic? Mirror(not Daily)? Crucifix? Geiger counter? ;-)

--
Dave

John M Ward

Jun 3, 2005, 3:26:07 PM6/3/05
In article <pan.2005.06.03....@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>,

Jules <julesric...@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:02:15 +0000, Christopher Self wrote:

> > Peter Naulls is not a real person. It is a computer algorithmn
> > known as a Report Writer.

> I've met Peter. He didn't strike me as very bot-like!

Agreed totally.

> Maybe I should take a magnet with me next time just to be sure ;)

No, that's useful for Nails not Naulls ;->

--
John M Ward : RISC OS computing since 1987, now Iyonix-powered!
Acorn/RISC OS web page: www.john-ward.org.uk/personal/john/computers

Daniel Ellis

Jun 4, 2005, 12:59:11 PM6/4/05
In message <opsrsz6gx6p0xulr@oemcomputer>
"Christopher Self" <cs...@operamail.com> wrote:

> Peter Naulls is not a real person. It is a computer algorithmn known
> as a Report Writer.

Funny, I bumped into him at a party round one of my neighbours recently.
Certainly seemed real (and pleasant) enough.

> I don't have any academic knowledge on this subject but I do play Quake
> Arena an awful lot and my instincts tell me Peter Naulls is a bot.

Maybe you're not real person and have just convinced yourself that you
are?

> I'm not very upset about it, it's probably one less thing to worry
> about. And he seems to be heading over to the Iyonix anyway, which I
> probably never will. Should I find this funny?

Funny that you'll never use an Iyonix? Is this really something which
bothers you?

--
Dan Ellis

David Holden

Jun 4, 2005, 1:18:03 PM6/4/05

On 3-Jun-2005, "Christopher Self" <cs...@operamail.com> wrote:

> Peter Naulls is not a real person. It is a computer algorithmn
> known as a Report Writer.

If what you say is true then c.s.a.hardware is not the correct place
to post this. It should be sent to c.s.a.apps :-)>

--
David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk>