Re: Savitzkz Golay Smoothing in Mathematica

Bob Hanlon

Aug 26, 2012, 11:57:53 PM8/26/12
Google input of "Mathematica Savitzky Golay Smoothing" suggests

http://reference.wolfram.com/legacy/applications/digitalimage/UsersGuide/AreaOperations/5.3.html

http://reference.wolfram.com/legacy/applications/digitalimage/FunctionIndex/SmoothingFilter.html

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/789/

http://www.theophys.kth.se/~phl/Mathematica/index.html

Bob Hanlon

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM, honeybee <str...@imp.ac.at> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to perform a Savitzky Golay Smoothing in Mathematica. However, there does not seem to be a function for that.
>
> Could someone please tell, what function can be used for that ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> H.

Virgil Stokes

Aug 30, 2012, 4:08:29 AM8/30/12
On 26-Aug-2012 08:52, honeybee wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to perform a Savitzky Golay Smoothing in Mathematica. However, there does not seem to be a function for that.
>
> Could someone please tell, what function can be used for that ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> H.

A few years back I wrote a Mathematica notebook that shows how one can obtain
the SG smoother from Gram polynomials. The code is not very elegant; but, it is
a rather general implementation that should be easy to understand.

Contact me (v...@it.uu.se) if you are interested and I will be glad to forward the
notebook to you.

Best regards,
--V