GPS Clock problem sept 3 2016, around 20:14 EST

bourque...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2016, 11:44:07 AM9/4/16
Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source? Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart) drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14

By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec offset around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later. 2 Internet NTP sources keep the network running without problem.

Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something they wrongly interpret???

David Taylor

Sep 4, 2016, 12:33:05 PM9/4/16
No jumps here with multiple different GPS/PPS devices, times in UTC:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php

However, all these PPS systems also have Internet servers as well as
some using the NMEA output from the GPS. I don't currently have any
completely stand-alone devices (except for the LeoNTP server).

--
Cheers,
David

bourque...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2016, 12:56:29 PM9/4/16
I though I saw one of the clock with a jump at the same time as my problem but I wrongly calculed the time offset for GMT

bourque...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2016, 1:03:30 PM9/4/16
Le dimanche 4 septembre 2016 12:33:05 UTC-4, David Taylor a écrit :
And, I just realized you are the David Taylor that make the NTPMonitor tool I am using!!! Thank you for the tool, it help me a lot yesterday night

David Taylor

Sep 4, 2016, 2:56:39 PM9/4/16
On 04/09/2016 17:51, bourque...@gmail.com wrote:
[]
> Well in fact, one of the GPS base clock show a hit at the same time I was affected:
> PC Kiruna
> Intel i7-4770K 16 GB
> Windows-10/64 Pro
> Interactive
> Stratum-1 GPS/PPS kernel-mode sync
> Sure GPS, antenna indoors

Noted, and on the wrong offset, but in fact PC Kiruna was rebooted then:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_kiruna.php

Glad you're enjoying the software!

Martin Burnicki

Sep 5, 2016, 11:20:11 AM9/5/16
Do you know which type of GPS receiver is assembled in your clock? A
problem with a Trimble Acutime 2000 has been reported on the NTP pool
mailing list:
https://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/pool/2016-September/007944.html

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany

bourque...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2016, 12:25:00 PM9/5/16
Yes this is the Trimble with an RS-422 interface bought more then 15 years ago
The Lantronix NTS doesn't give access to any data so I don't know what happen exactly except the 2 of them were returning very bad data and were considered insane, invalid by our Cisco 6509 and the time frame is the same then the one they are reporting