DICOM retrieve (C-GET-RQ) example anyone?

Chris

Aug 13, 2009, 8:06:33 AM8/13/09
Hi

Im currently working on an open source DICOM library (Ruby DICOM)
where Im trying to implement some network functionality, and mostly
I've been making good progress, but Im struggling somewhat with the C-
GET-RQ, as I currently dont have any systems to test this feature
against. Generally I've found the network analysis tool Wireshark to
be an excellent resource for debugging and understanding the various
DICOM network messages.

Im wondering if there is anyone who have a Wireshark capture of an
entire DICOM C-GET-RQ (from association request to association
release), that you'd be willing to send me?
(chris.lervag [@nospam] @gmail.com)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris

Joe Demers

Aug 15, 2009, 2:19:58 PM8/15/09
Download the Conquest Pacs
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ingenium/dicom.html

Free open source dicom pacs.

JDemers2@ nospam dot gmail.com

gunterze

Aug 17, 2009, 4:04:54 AM8/17/09
On Aug 15, 8:19 pm, Joe Demers <jdeme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Download the Conquest Pacshttp://www.xs4all.nl/~ingenium/dicom.html

Also Open Source dcm4chee Archive can act as Composite Retrieve C-GET
SCP, and command line utility dcmqr of dcm4che2 toolkit as Composite
Retrieve C-GET SCU. (s. www.dcm4che.org ).
--
gunter

David Clunie

Aug 17, 2009, 7:43:14 AM8/17/09
Hi Chris

The pixelmed toolkit also has C-GET SCU and SCP functionality.

If you try it and turn up the debugging level, you will see
a dump of what messages and PDUs are exchanged.

See in the source the test case in com/pixelmed/network/Makefile
that is target testpixelmedcgetscutopixelmedcgetscp for some
ideas about how to get it going.

The most important thing to remember is that you need to
propose abstract syntaxes for any storage SOP classes that
you are going to use to retrieve images when you open the
C-GET association. This means either doing a C-FIND first
to check what SOP classes will be needed, or proposing
"all possible" storage SOP classes, but there is a limit.

David

Peter B Schmidt

Aug 17, 2009, 11:09:47 AM8/17/09
Hi Chris,

you may do it yourself: DVTk has a RIS Emulator and a Modality Emulator
free for use at

http://www.dvtk.org/

My EUR 0.02

Peter

Chris

Aug 21, 2009, 3:33:11 PM8/21/09
Alright, thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. I will check
out these solutions, and hopefully I will be able to make good
progress.

Thanks,
Chris

naseem

Sep 17, 2009, 2:32:08 AM9/17/09
to chris....@gmail.com

Hi Chris,

Did u implement C_GET SCU???

i am also struggling to implement C-GET SCU, i am using Mergecom3 SDK.

Can u pls give me the basic information about this command....

i have prepared the dataset and i am able to send the query, but...i
dont know how to retrive the file from server.

i am using PACSONE as server and developing the application in C#.

regards,
Naseem

naseem

Sep 17, 2009, 6:08:49 AM9/17/09
to chris....@gmail.com

Since, i am using Mergecom SDK, associations and sending C-GET request
is a bit simple.

i have used the inbuild functions and classes provided in the SDK.

for eg:

System.IO.FileInfo F = new System.IO.FileInfo("D:\\MergeCom\
\bin\\MERGE.INI"); // MERGE.INI is a initilization file, this will
add the library to my application
MC.mcInitialization(F);
MCassociation assoc = null; //declaring a variable assoc
using the data type MCassociation which is inbuild

MCapplication app = MCapplication.getApplication
("AE221"); //delcaring the application entity of SCU

MCremoteApplication remoteApp =
MCremoteApplication.getObject("MyAEtitle"); // delcaring the
application entity of SCP

assoc = Mergecom.MCassociation.requestAssociation(app,
remoteApp); //This will send the association request to the SCP...

there is one set up file with the SDK..there the port no.
of SCP and SCU are mentioned and i am using PACSONE as server.

Did i help u......?