Trial Use Draft of Sup 219 JSON SR

David Clunie

Jan 19, 2020, 8:51:27 AM1/19/20
Last week DICOM WG 6 approved the release of Sup 219 as a Trial Use Draft:

ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/supps/Frozen/sup219_fz_JSONSR.pdf
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/supps/Frozen/sup219_fz_JSONSR.xml

This means that we can begin formal experimentation based on this draft, use it in products (with the caveat that the final standard may be slightly different if we discover issues, which is the point of a trial), etc.

It also means that IHE can consider incorporating it in their profiles, and test it during their Connectathons.

The key to the success of this phase is to actually conduct experiments.

Some of the tasks that we can conduct in this phase are listed at the head of the document, but we are not limited to those.

I would like to begin drafting a project plan to track experiments using this supplement, so please contact me if you would like to volunteer.

Anyone is free to experiment on their own of course, but it would helpful if you would share your experience.

David

PS. My code that implements the creation/parsing of the Sup 219 JSON representation is available at:

http://www.dclunie.com/pixelmed/software/20200101_experimental/index.html

There are also some examples on the NEMA DICOM WG 23 ftp server.

PPS. See also Section 8.5 Trial-Use Draft of

http://www.dicomstandard.org/governance/