Storageworks RAID 200 ....missing manual?

rcyoung

Oct 21, 2014, 9:43:05 AM10/21/14
In the 2100 Alphaserver manual it says

If you copy the contents of a system disk to your RAID subsystem using the BACKUP/IMAGE command,
for example, you need to repeat several steps in the data device installation procedure, as described in
the StorageWorks RAID Array 200 Subsystem Family Software User's Guide for OpenVMS AXP, AA-Q6WVA-TE, in order to make the second device a bootable device.

Anyone know where to locate the manual, or the steps it refers to?? Having issues with a new RAID 200 controller after original died. Everything is restored, it just won't boot. Short of the manual, does anyone know what it refers to?

Stephen Hoffman

Oct 21, 2014, 9:48:35 AM10/21/14
On 2014-10-21 13:43:05 +0000, rcyoung said:

> Anyone know where to locate the manual, or the steps it refers to??
> Having issues with a new RAID 200 controller after original died.
> Everything is restored, it just won't boot. Short of the manual, does
> anyone know what it refers to?

I'd replace that KZPAC / SWXCR with something better and more reliable,
and for various reasons, but if you really want to continue to endure
it and its various limits, then search for some links and details here:
<http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/564>

--
Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC

Stephen Hoffman

Oct 21, 2014, 11:45:19 AM10/21/14

George Cornelius

Oct 23, 2014, 1:36:27 AM10/23/14
My SWXCR bit the dust several years ago. I do have a manual, so if the
online ones do not suffice you can have mine, assuming you're willing
to pay for the shipping. Let me know (you should be able to guess
my email address without too much trouble).

George Cornelius