DVD and VMS

Paweł Kmiecik

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
Hi to everyone!

I have a question about possibility of connection any DVD drive to
machine
working under OpenVMS.
I need a big capacity media - DVD is good idea - but I have not
information if
DVD technology is supported by Digital.
We have o 7.1-2 version of VMS

Thanks for any support!

Pawel Kmiecik
BPH SA
IT Department

Hoff Hoffman

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99

In article <37DCFC28...@bph.krakow.pl>, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3?= Kmiecik <p.km...@bph.krakow.pl> writes:
:I have a question about possibility of connection any DVD drive to

:machine working under OpenVMS.
:I need a big capacity media - DVD is good idea - but I have not
:information if DVD technology is supported by Digital.
:We have o 7.1-2 version of VMS

Native DVD support is not yet available on OpenVMS. (This support
involves adding the software necessary to support the UDF structure
typically used on DVD media.)

Compatibility-mode DVD access -- where DVD reads CD-ROM media -- is
working with various DVD devices at present.

Hoff (Stephen) Hoffman OpenVMS Engineering hoffman#xdelta.zko.dec.com