MariaDB-5.5-57 for OpenVMS (beta #2)

Neil Rieck

Oct 17, 2017, 9:11:21 PM10/17/17
This just in from Mark Berryman

Mark Berryman informed me that he has published BETA-2 of MariaDB-5.5-57 (Alpha and Itanium) which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.theberrymans.com/php_kits/

Caveats:
1) This is a BETA #2
2) Not supported, and no warranty of any kind (like MySQL and MariaDB)
3) Mark still sounds overloaded so please to not bug him
4) For people who compile OpenVMS programs against Mark's libraries (like me), changes have been made which you will need to test on an alternate system. For example, his previous product (MariaDB-5.5-25) had separate directories for Alpha and Itanium libraries. This release changes that to a single common directory. Carefully read all of the file "Readme.VMS" before you begin.

Neil Rieck
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
http://neilrieck.net/OpenVMS-Programmers-Corner.html
http://neilrieck.net/docs/openvms_notes_mysql_mariardb.html

Neil Rieck

Oct 19, 2017, 7:35:00 AM10/19/17
Correction:

I finally returned from vacation then found the time to do a clean install of MariaDB-5.5-57 in one of the spare Itanium systems in the back room. The client side libraries required to build local apps are in the same locations as before. I obviously misread or misinterpreted something Mark mentioned in one of his emails to me. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

BUT you should still read file "Readme.VMS" before you begin. Mark has put a whole lot more information there than anything I have seen from other developers.

Thank-you Mark, for your efforts on this OpenVMS offering.