PD-DOS project *announcement*

JAMES HALL

Jun 29, 1994, 2:24:11 AM6/29/94
ANNOUNCEMENT OF PD-DOS PROJECT:

A few months ago, I posted articles relating to starting a public
domain version of DOS. The general support for this at the time was
strong, and many people agreed with the statement, "start writing!"
So, I have...

Announcing the first effort to produce a PD-DOS. I have written up a
"manifest" describing the goals of such a project and an outline of
the work, as well as a "task list" that shows exactly what needs to be
written. I'll post those here, and let discussion follow.

If you are thinking about developing, or have ideas or suggestions for
PD-DOS, I would appreciate direct email to me. If you just want to
discuss the merits or morals of writing a PD-DOS, I'll leave that to
the net. I'll check in from time to time to see how the discussion is
going, and maybe contribute a little to what promises to be a very
polarized debate! :->

I am excited about PD-DOS, and I am hoping I can get a group started!

--James Hall
James....@uwrf.edu

PS -- of course, if this already exists, please point me to the group
leader so I can at least contribute!

nay...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2013, 6:30:32 AM2/20/13

indigo...@gmail.com