send mail

Mr Bill

Jan 5, 2002, 7:31:35 PM1/5/02
Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a new
person

Stan & Julie Rock

Jan 5, 2002, 10:27:04 PM1/5/02
Yeah, but it costs some money. Its the commerical version. You can check
it out at www.sendmail.com.

The free version doesn't have a GUI. There are setup scripts out there that
can help you once you've installed the tar ball, rpm, or deb...

Stan

"Mr Bill" <freec...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Erik de Castro Lopo

Jan 6, 2002, 4:44:56 AM1/6/02
Stan & Julie Rock wrote:

> Yeah, but it costs some money. Its the commerical version. You can check
> it out at www.sendmail.com.
>
> The free version doesn't have a GUI. There are setup scripts out there that
> can help you once you've installed the tar ball, rpm, or deb...

Look for install-sendmail on http://freshmeat.net/

Its not a GUI, but a commandline program which asks you questions and then
generates the config files.

YOu might also want to have a look at Postfix which is many orders of magnitude
easier to set up than Sendmail. It doesn't have a GUI, but the config file
is very easy to follow with lots of comments and examples.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo nos...@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Only wimps use tape backup: *real* men just upload their
important stuff on FTP, and let the rest of the world
mirror it ;)" -- Linus Torvalds

Marijan Peh

Jan 6, 2002, 6:52:24 PM1/6/02

Search on www.freshmeat.net for 'install-sendmail'

--
.~. You came out of nowhere with drums of thunder and a heart of gold.
/V\ Welcome to the inner circle.

Joel Mayes

Jan 6, 2002, 3:10:52 AM1/6/02

ynotssor

Jan 7, 2002, 4:30:43 AM1/7/02
"Marijan Peh" <m...@nymos.home.hr> wrote in message

> On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:31:35 GMT, Mr Bill wrote:
> > Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a
new
> > person
>
> Search on www.freshmeat.net for 'install-sendmail'

sendmail 8.9.x but not beyond.

tony

irado furioso com tudo

Jan 7, 2002, 1:24:27 PM1/7/02
to Marijan Peh
http://www.webmin.com/webmin

you can administer *any* service/server.. besides you must know what to do.

> On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:31:35 GMT, Mr Bill wrote:
>
>>Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a new
>>person
>>

> Search on www.freshmeat.net for 'install-sendmail'

--

saudações,

Irado Furioso com Tudo
Linux (SuSE) User 179402
se abrirem as portas de *todas* as prisões, os roubos ainda serão em
menor volume do que os de nossos políticos. Na verdade, mal
perceberíamos a diferença (think about)!.

tommy

Jan 9, 2002, 12:30:26 PM1/9/02
On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:31:35 GMT, "Mr Bill" <freec...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a new
>person

You can try Webmin at http://www.webmin.com/ for a sendmail admin
program.

It is much more than just sendmail admin and easy to install on major
distros.

--
Tommy

Zak Larsen

Jan 9, 2002, 5:10:26 PM1/9/02
"Mr Bill" <freec...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<HVMZ7.63857$5W5.22...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>...
> Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a new
> person

I hve heard that webmin will give you a GUI interface to configure
sendmail with but I have yet to find enough time to install webmin and
try it out.
you would still need to install sendmail from a tar ball or a rpm
but webmin should take it from there

give it a try

http://www.webmin.com/webmin

Michael Knight

Jan 9, 2002, 7:39:27 PM1/9/02
"Mr Bill" <freec...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<HVMZ7.63857$5W5.22...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>...
> Is there a graphic interface for send mail that is easy to install for a new
> person

I've always like good old "linuxconf" myself....pretty easy to use and
it can configure lots more besides sendmail.

-Michael

Mark(unMASK)Forsyth

Jan 10, 2002, 9:29:47 PM1/10/02

"tommy" <to...@anexia.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

If you use Webmin make sure that you block port 10000 incoming. It's not
that I don't trust Webmin it's because someone, someday is going to turn
their attention to it with the intention of doing Bad Things(tm)

Ooroo
Mark F...
P.S. If you run Samba, lock up port 901 as well...:-)