Advocacy

Doomsdrzej

Sep 6, 2017, 3:11:15 PM9/6/17
1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
5) The "fix" screwed everything up
6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
8) Awesome.

--
Doomsdrzej
EFF & OpenMedia member

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 3:17:00 PM9/6/17
Being self-governed as it is, bulletin boards will never go away but it'll never be common. At one point, chrisv said an online denizen was "obsessing" over him, which was defined as him posting to himself. chrisv and Marek Novotny both lie endlessly and outrageously and continue to do so. So no incentive in showing any further kindness or restraint. You ran it and benchmarked it and your "extensive experience" lead you to that verdict, did they? Too much glue for you, chrisv.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
http://tinyurl.com/proof-about-ebot

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 3:30:19 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
> 8) Awesome.

Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 3:32:11 PM9/6/17
It's like a poorly written flyer. God has already decided what he is going to say before he calls. What you say is ignored. What John Gohde says doesn't matter.

The person you are thinking of is in my KF.

Several of us reported him years ago. As expected, it did naught to attenuate the boob. God is the upshot of the fact that Democrats have been hired to subvert instructing the next generation. It's not an accident that he is a witless Marxist.

Generally, I don't call a comment like God's posts an outright lie right up until you invalidate it (as you are here) and God responds with the nothing but repetition knowing he can't prove it. The advocates insist searching for a recommendation for a Linux application is trolling.

Really, what lie?

--
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him. He clearly wants the attention"
Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

chrisv

Sep 6, 2017, 4:06:34 PM9/6/17
Hehe. Well, that's not very nice! 8)

--
"You're an idiot, turd. Who knows how many $hundreds (or even low
$thousands) Old Friend has saved by freeloading." - DumFSck,

fr31...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 4:26:43 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 3:11:15 PM UTC-4, Doomsdrzej wrote:

> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up

WTF! Specifically what kind of symlink issue?

The NVidia kernel modules do not require any symlinks, so
the issue must be in the accessory programs that are kindly
provided, and which are not really necessary.

Regardless, a symlink issue should be extremely simple
to remedy.

Unless, of course, the ridiculous Gnome DE does something
outrageously weird to complicate matters.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 4:34:26 PM9/6/17
I would post to Marek Novotny at once but he's an ignoramus who distorts your words to fulfill his inclination to call everyone a con artist.

Fuchsia runs on the Debian kernel. So yeah, Debian is mobile. Debian is a super computer. Debian is a server. Debian is a desktop. Debian is growing in market share. He's without doubt lying, he got scared and he's doing the familiar role-reversal pranks taught in https://goo.gl/k5FDFL as he busts a gut to retain what Troll Killer Snit already has... but it backfired. I'm getting sick of the nonsense in here. I'm guessing the Marek Novotny Mac cultist is unable to control his own actions.

--
E-commerce Simplified
https://youtu.be/E3m_i-x92D0

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 5:05:14 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 1:06 PM, in article k2l0rcdibov4vmd2i...@4ax.com,
"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
>>> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
>>> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
>>> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
>>> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
>>> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
>>> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
>>> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
>>> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
>>> 8) Awesome.

> Hehe. Well, that's not very nice! 8)

What counts as "advocacy" in COLA:

-----
-----

Sigh.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 5:06:17 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 1:06:34 PM UTC-7, chrisv wrote:
These types of trolls get their thrill out of triggering angry responses to their insults, which is the very definition of a troll.

Ha, ha!

From what I've seen (which is none of it lately), it looks like the Mac ecosystem is getting better.

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNxaaKD7-c

Doomsdrzej

Sep 6, 2017, 5:52:44 PM9/6/17
Nah.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 5:53:55 PM9/6/17
Obviously, the only thought that matters to Steve 'The Flooder' Carroll is appearing "the winner", and if he can't have that he will do whatever it takes to actively beat "others" down... ignoring him is the only option. I am working on a system which will show off how weak Cinnamon is. You can say I am Madonna for all I care.

-
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
http://www.5z8.info/yourdick_v1o3ww_manhunter
https://youtu.be/IhOfBmWwCVY
https://youtu.be/E3m_i-x92D0
Jonas Eklundh

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 5:58:06 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 2:52 PM, in article K6_rB.43829$TH2....@fx02.iad, "Doomsdrzej"
Hey, Marek was TRYING to "advocate" Linux. LOL!

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 6:10:04 PM9/6/17
Jesus gets off on that Marek Novotny is on the other end. Imagine if Jesus walked up to a lobster and delivered the punch line. It wouldn't be rewarding. Sandman blames Jesus for what others do. Here is a list of names Jonas Eklundh has admitted he attributes to Jesus "Cactus Pete", "Donald", "Donald Miller", "Horace McSwain", "Hymen", "meat","Mike Weaver", "Modena IV Drid", "Omar Murad Asfour", "Rhino Plastee", "Soapy", "SopwithCamel", "Sunny Day", "Takuya Saitoh", "The Letter Q", "tmelmosfire", "zevon". No one here has ever read my script, much less found a bug; still, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "I wonder if Marek Novotny will question this". I am more honest with myself than Jesus is. No no. He never agreed to stop accusing good people of being like him. He lied about his trolling of course.

I have worked for the technology industry for more than 50 years. I have had a contract with Fortune 500 corporations working with the robotics industry and police forces. Never, not even once, were we ever instructed to not offer any OS the customer wanted. We sold Xenix, Lisa, HP-UX, and more as well as MS OSs with no issues.

For others I would simply suggest the comment is worth looking into. However, given that it's Jesus I would forget that step and go straight to 'lie' because that's most of what he does. IOW, there is no reason to respect presumption of innocence. After Marek Novotny's update I no longer want to gouge out my eyeballs from the flicker of the screen.

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!
http://www.5z8.info/trojan_p4g1zy_how-to-skin-a-gerbil

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 6:17:29 PM9/6/17
Why not? It's better for a gamer, isn't it?

Steven Petruzzellis

Sep 6, 2017, 6:19:49 PM9/6/17
If Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis calls getting shoved into kill filters like an idiot by Marek and me (and completely killing his name and any reason for people to trust anything he has to say - forever) 'trolling', then fine... he is a good troll. I do not accept that definition, I use another term. I call Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis an utter knuckle-dragger. Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis is six seconds away from being in Marek's kill file.

Open source is only cost effective if your time has no value.

Nobody gets it, I barely understand it.

But Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis feels the need to please the cult-like herd of convenient friends. My uptime is almost sixty-six weeks and them the facts, Jack!

--
Puppy Videos
http://www.5z8.info/mercenary_w5v9dl_open.exe

Steven Petruzzellis

Sep 6, 2017, 6:21:06 PM9/6/17
Marketing is a wonderful thing and consumer herd mentality is even better. I reported him years ago. As expected, it did nothing to thwart the dolt.

Why would you want to cap Gnome on Mint to what can be done on Windows? It's like a front page hog. Steven 'The Fool' Petruzzellis has already decided what he is going to say before he calls. What you say does not matter. What Zeus says is ignored. Real posters will be overwhelmed once the druggies overindulge. That and there will forever be a butthurt insomniac or two in an unmoderated group. The specifics of the bullshit aside, we have all seen who usually pitches a fit when he does not get anyone to shill for him. And what did Steven 'The Fool' Petruzzellis have to say about this long list of "convenient friends" who popped up at just the right moment? Most of the time he would try to lead the advocates to believe they're long time lurkers who just happened to have knowledge of his trolling but no issue with it. Yeah, right! In fact Steven 'The Fool' Petruzzellis's lies became directed at me. So obviously I regret writing software for Steven 'The Fool' Petruzzellis. While I am sure he liked it, I've not helped the situation at all.

--
E-commerce Simplified
https://youtu.be/Z5wo5aE7MUk

Steven Petruzzellis

Sep 6, 2017, 6:25:50 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 3:17:29 PM UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
What were you hoping for? You likely think Debian handles the desktop well. Nope. Not compared to what normal people use. What I do is certainly more error resistant.

It's his problem but he does not care. Obviously he would rather lie than face reality.

It's like a front page hog. Marek has already decided what he is going to say before he calls. What you say doesn't matter. What Allah says does not matter.

-
My Snoring Solution
http://www.5z8.info/stalin-will-rise-again_j3h5uj_nakedgrandmas.jpg
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB

Steven Petruzzellis

Sep 6, 2017, 6:29:07 PM9/6/17
Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis can't get anything else to work, either. Everyone is Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis -- the oldest gag in the book. Marek will be destroyed once the trolls overpopulate. That and there will invariably be a conniption fit or two in an unmoderated group (e.g. Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis). The impossibility of taming a shrew aside, we have all seen who usually gets enraged when he does not get a response. Just some names Carroll has used
"Evil" John *
"Evil" Snit *
Big Crotch on a Small Fish
Cornelius Munshower
CSMA Moderator
Edward Stanfield
Fretwiz *
Hitman Hero
Measles
Petruzzellis Kids
Sigmond
Slaveen
Smit
Steve C *
Steve Camoll *
Steve Carroll <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <stevecarroll@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <trollkiller@xxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll's Dog *
Steve Carrolll *
Steve Carrroll *
Yevette Owens
Yobo_Obyo
No more! Do not get too full of hot air, Steve Carroll-Petruzzellis, sometimes "your shills" are just that.

--
Puppy Videos
http://bit.ly/2oNYRgv

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 6:48:37 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 2:52 PM, in article K6_rB.43829$TH2....@fx02.iad, "Doomsdrzej"
><m...@home.is> wrote:

>> Nah.
>
> Hey, Marek was TRYING to "advocate" Linux. LOL!

Correct, asking trolls to leave is better for advocating linux.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 6:50:21 PM9/6/17
What did Zeus have to say about this miraculous, years long string of oddities? Most of the time he would try to lead the advocates to believe they're long time lurkers who just happened to have unexplained agreement with him. All makes total sense, NOT! From what I've seen it looks like the macOS ecosystem is breaking down. Not only did Marek's question fail to refer to the "kernel", it has not a thing to do with open source. Zeus should go lock the medicine chest ;)

I have known voices in my head who argue better than you do.

--
Curious how these posts are made? Email: fretw...@gmail.com

Doomsdrzej

Sep 6, 2017, 6:52:58 PM9/6/17
People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more
effective than people like you at advocating Linux.

F. Russell

Sep 6, 2017, 6:53:26 PM9/6/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 15:17:26 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:

> Why not? It's better for a gamer, isn't it?

Winblows is better for EVERYTHING, you sloven idiot.

But that's not the point, is it?

The tremendous appeal of GNU/Linux is that it returns
computing to the ideal technical state in which the
user is responsible for EVERYTHING. GNU/Linux can
be extremely powerful and even surpass Winblows, but
only if the user makes it that way.

Of course, many distros attempt to make it simple by
absconding control from the user and by providing
a kind of Winblows emulation, but IMO these distros
do not represent true GNU/Linux.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 6:58:30 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:48:29 -0500, Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> On 9/6/17, 2:52 PM, in article K6_rB.43829$TH2....@fx02.iad,

>>> Hey, Marek was TRYING to "advocate" Linux. LOL!
>>
>> Correct, asking trolls to leave is better for advocating linux.
>
> People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more
> effective than people like you at advocating Linux.

In your dreams. When you think you can match me at even 10% you make a
video and try to teach ANY linux subject you like. I'll laugh my ass
off. You can't even roll back a driver without crying.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:00:45 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 3:48 PM, in article
8qqdnQ-Y6a-g5i3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
Meanwhile I welcome you, someone who trolls often, to stay -- but I
challenge you to focus on tech and to reduce your trolling. I think you can
offer a lot if you tried. I think you HAVE when you have tried.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:05:23 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 3:58 PM, in article
ssidnaLOAKoN4C3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
I would like to see him do so as well... though no reason for a competition.
I am happy to see you make your videos. No insult. No attack. I can offer
some suggestions for improvement if you want, but not sure you would be
receptive to that.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:12:40 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
> 8) Awesome.

Ahahahahhahahah. Try Manjaro, you have proprietary there on install ;)

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:12:52 PM9/6/17
Yeah!!!

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:14:31 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 4:53:26 PM UTC-6, F. Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 15:17:26 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

> > Why not? It's better for a gamer, isn't it?
> >

> Winblows is better for EVERYTHING

Sure... and everyone knows that 9 out of 10 web developers choose...
oh, wait a minute, those guys stay away from that crap... as do those
in the server crowd who haven't been strong armed by MS tactics... and
the creatives, who have typically chosen the Mac... or people who want
security... or privacy... or superior ability to customize their OS... or have
a package management system that is reliable and easy to use, etc.

> But that's not the point, is it?

How would you know what the point is? Do you ever? Not that
anyone can tell as you try, in Snit-ish fashion (puerile BS) to take
over the conversation and replace it with one that died decades
ago (i.e. your 'one true God' crap).

(snip rehash)

William Poaster

Sep 6, 2017, 7:15:05 PM9/6/17
On 7/9/2017 00:12 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Melzzzzz posted:
Don't worry, he'll screw that up as well.

--
By W3Cook's analysis of Alexa's data, 96.3 percent of the top 1 million
web servers are running Linux. The remainder is split between Windows,

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:18:17 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 3:52 PM, in article b%_rB.25444$1E2....@fx29.iad, "Doomsdrzej"
<m...@home.is> wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:48:29 -0500, Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> On 9/6/17, 2:52 PM, in article K6_rB.43829$TH2....@fx02.iad,

>>> Hey, Marek was TRYING to "advocate" Linux. LOL!
>>
>> Correct, asking trolls to leave is better for advocating linux.
>
> People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more
> effective than people like you at advocating Linux.

Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:20:07 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
> On 7/9/2017 00:12 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Melzzzzz posted:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
>>> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
>>> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
>>> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
>>> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
>>> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
>>> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
>>> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
>>> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
>>> 8) Awesome.
>>>
>> Ahahahahhahahah. Try Manjaro, you have proprietary there on install ;)
>
> Don't worry, he'll screw that up as well.

Seems that he has lot of problems, yet he claims he installed Linux in
90es ;)

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:20:34 PM9/6/17
Slimer is not Linux user ...

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:22:17 PM9/6/17
Marek Novotny has cut down on the hundreds of self obsessed, idiotic attacks he used to create but he is not much different in the honesty department. He simple uses shills more now to create those posts. For others I'd simply say it is doubtful. However, given that it's Marek Novotny I would drop that step and go straight to 'drug-induced delusion' because that's most of what Marek Novotny does. Just call it a lie and watch him beg you to prove it.

In fact Marek Novotny's lies became directed at me. So obviously I regret backing the trolls with their support for Marek Novotny. While I am sure he loved it, being nice to him made things worse. Show a case study of an effective enterprise that has made its wealth by not giving a damn about its clients or products. What do you get out of lying?

I would help Marek Novotny honestly but he's a dolt who takes things out of context to achieve his desire to call everyone a sock.

My uptime is almost forty-two days and I am ready to go see a doctor!

-
I Left My Husband & Daughter At Home And THIS happened
https://youtu.be/GPPqvw8iEBs
Jonas Eklundh

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:28:38 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:20 PM, in article oopvr5$35q$3...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Hey, not long ago several of the "advocates" were whining Windows 10 kept
bluescreening on them. Hey, Slimer included. LOL!

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:28:52 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:20 PM, in article oopvs0$35q$4...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Based on...???

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:29:48 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 4:20 PM, in article oopvr5$35q$3...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
><Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
>>> On 7/9/2017 00:12 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Melzzzzz posted:

>>> Don't worry, he'll screw that up as well.
>>>
>> Seems that he has lot of problems, yet he claims he installed Linux in
>> 90es ;)
>
> Hey, not long ago several of the "advocates" were whining Windows 10 kept
> bluescreening on them. Hey, Slimer included. LOL!

I never saw system crash on Windows 10, to be honest.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:30:17 PM9/6/17
Based on fact that he is not using Linux?

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:30:45 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:29 PM, in article ooq0da$35q$5...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
<Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 9/6/17, 4:20 PM, in article oopvr5$35q$3...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
>> <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Seems that he has lot of problems, yet he claims he installed Linux in
>>> 90es ;)
>>
>> Hey, not long ago several of the "advocates" were whining Windows 10 kept
>> bluescreening on them. Hey, Slimer included. LOL!
>>
> I never saw system crash on Windows 10, to be honest.

Thank you. Nor have I. This, of course, does not mean it never happens...
but I think it is safe to say it happens on Windows, Linux, and macOS only
rarely these days.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:31:18 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:30 PM, in article ooq0e7$35q$6...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
You mean currently? Maybe... maybe not... but he clearly has been using it
recently.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:31:50 PM9/6/17
On Linux it happens with new kernels sometimes. If you stick to LTS kernel, not
happens.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:32:29 PM9/6/17
Haven't noticed...

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:37:30 PM9/6/17
Dropping support for Red Hat is common sense. Over and over, the claim is he wants to "talk tech", but the guy spends most of his time whining about "obsession".

I still persist in being unpersuaded that these posts are automated.

You insisting a lie is real does not make it true. Nobody who isn't just using you for trolling purposes (isn't a troll) sees you as anything remotely close to honest. You have no one but yourself to point to for that. Having to deal with the use of Red Hat would just confuse the general user. It is obvious at least some of the posts are hand generated because some of them are direct responses in very specific ways with clear thought behind them, so not from a computer auto-generator.

--
Puppy Videos!!
https://youtu.be/dNhvVfD4zu4

F. Russell

Sep 6, 2017, 7:49:12 PM9/6/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:14:28 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:

> ... and everyone knows that 9 out of 10 web developers choose...
> as do those
> in the server crowd who haven't been strong armed by MS tactics...

Web developers? Servers?

Listen, ass wipe, GNU/Linux was never intended to service that
degenerate crowd. Consult Torvalds initial Usenet postings to
discover that basic fact.

GNU/Linux has been a revolution in PERSONAL COMPUTING. It is
only incidental that GNU/Linux has been adopted by the above-mentioned
degenerates (most of whom are just looking for the nearest freebie).

You are a lost cause. Even a dog has greater learning potential.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:50:54 PM9/6/17
The thing is, Linux doesn't need any advocacy... it isn't going anywhere.

A decent troll BTW... but the bit about 'The "fix" screwed everything up'
was a little over the top... still caught Feeb, though ;)

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:53:10 PM9/6/17
Lying sack of shit does it every time. Then the deluge begins. Because the sissy just has to run to other groups in an effort to get attention from someone. Anyone. Jeff Relf wants to punish everyone here: If Jeff Relf can't get attention here then nobody will. You are seven seconds away from being in everyone's kill file.

Given how regularly it is clear that Jeff Relf's post is some misquote of a statement Marek posted which had been a beating on Jeff Relf for something he did which was foolish/untrue/etc... its really a regular demonstration of Jeff Relf's unending butthurt for having been so frequently crushed: Jeff Relf is undeniably not able of dealing with this group. Jeff Relf calls it "obsessing" over him, even though he proceeds to provoke that selfsame criterium.

--
Eight things to never feed your dog!!
https://youtu.be/48_DdtLGR9s

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:56:00 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:31 PM, in article ooq0h3$35q$7...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Other things can lead to kernel panics but, again, they are rare. I cannot
think of the last time I have seen one... on Linux or macOS. I have had my
macOS machine become effectively locked up though where I just force quit
and rebooted... as I have with my Linux machine (though the Linux system I
am running is from a USB Flash drive... still, have to reboot from time to
time or it slows down and eventually stops responding).

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:56:05 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:32 PM, in article ooq0ib$35q$8...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Well, it is not as though I keep track of when he speaks of it, but I know
he has.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 7:56:28 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5:49:12 PM UTC-6, F. Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:14:28 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

> > ... and everyone knows that 9 out of 10 web developers choose...
> > as do those
> > in the server crowd who haven't been strong armed by MS tactics...
> >

> Web developers? Servers?

Yeah, you know, that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
on with computing... and has been for the last couple of decades.

(snip more 'one true God' drivel)

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 7:57:27 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:48 PM, in article ooq1g...@news4.newsguy.com, "F. Russell"
Torvalds does speak of focusing on the desktop... but web development is a
desktop task.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 7:58:23 PM9/6/17
Yeah, seems that classic desktop applications are dead. You write server
code and app works anywhere there is browser ;)

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 8:02:54 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 4:58 PM, in article ooq22t$qk7$2...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
There are some which have moved to pure cloud, such as Google's photo
editing offerings, but I do not think desktop apps are going anywhere soon,
though more and more have ties to cloud services.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 8:05:43 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 4:58 PM, in article ooq22t$qk7$2...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
><Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, you know, that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
>>> on with computing... and has been for the last couple of decades.
>>>
>>> (snip more 'one true God' drivel)
>>
>> Yeah, seems that classic desktop applications are dead. You write server
>> code and app works anywhere there is browser ;)
>
> There are some which have moved to pure cloud, such as Google's photo
> editing offerings, but I do not think desktop apps are going anywhere soon,
> though more and more have ties to cloud services.

I haven't meant desktop apps like office, photo editor and media players,..., rather apps
that can be moved to browser. What can be moved to browser will be moved
to browser.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 8:08:36 PM9/6/17
Nobody is being controlled by RMS.

Nobody gets it, only Steve Carroll gets it. Can emoji be concatenated into a string with a logical connection to the "real" world; that is the question posed recently by those astonished at the non-stop flood of gibberish from trolls and basement-dwelling ultra-cranks.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat
http://bit.ly/2oNYRgv

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 8:13:46 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 5:05 PM, in article ooq2gl$qk7$3...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
I agree to some extent... there will be web offerings. There already are for
some of those... as noted Google has not only added cloud offering for photo
editing and management they removed their desktop offerings.

There are also, of course, cloud based office apps -- though I think the
desktop ones are here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future (say the
next 10 years).

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 8:21:29 PM9/6/17
Most of us are old enough to know that you once *had* to have a full
blown, "traditional desktop" computer to run software, but those days
are long gone. For the kinds of things the "average user" of a computer
once did, those things (and more) are now more easily accomplished with
a device that fits in their shirt pocket. From a purely technical point of
view, Feeb is right... but his view is irrelevant as it was the "average
user" who drove the software industry. Were it left to Feeb's archaic
idea of 'computing', we'd see none of the fine software products that we
can all now enjoy. Glasser is stuck in a similar bubble, a decade or two
down the road. There is relatively little innovation on the desktop now,
the vast majority of it has moved to the cloud, where products like a
Chromebook will be 'good enough' for people who only care about or only
have enough money to upgrade their phone regularly, their computer
doesn't need to be updated nearly as much now... if they even have a
computer.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 8:29:04 PM9/6/17
And... as some are astounded to find out, a *lot* can be moved there.
Progressive web apps are going to be more prominent than they are right
now, the native app experience did not manage to kill it off, as many in
the industry thought it might. The bottle neck is the 'net, but things
like service workers are a good way to deal with that issue. There will
always be a desktop market but the "average user" of it won't resemble
anything like that same user even a decade ago, in fact, they already
don't and haven't for several years now.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 8:34:11 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:32:11 UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:
> > On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
> > > 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
> > > 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
> > > 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
> > > 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
> > > 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
> > > 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
> > > fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
> > > 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
> > > 8) Awesome.

> > --
> > Marek Novotny
> > https://github.com/marek-novotny
>

> It's like a poorly written flyer. God has already decided what he is going to say before he calls. What you say is ignored. What John Gohde says doesn't matter.
>
> The person you are thinking of is in my KF.
>
> Several of us reported him years ago. As expected, it did naught to attenuate the boob. God is the upshot of the fact that Democrats have been hired to subvert instructing the next generation. It's not an accident that he is a witless Marxist.
>
> Generally, I don't call a comment like God's posts an outright lie right up until you invalidate it (as you are here) and God responds with the nothing but repetition knowing he can't prove it. The advocates insist searching for a recommendation for a Linux application is trolling.
>
> Really, what lie?
>

> --
> "You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him. He clearly wants the attention"
> Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

Lines of text containing quotes you somehow recognize but can not place. Generally, I wouldn't call something like John 'The Flooder' Gohde's comments a fantasy right up until you invalidate it (as you are here) and John 'The Flooder' Gohde responds with the a shifting of goal posts because even he knows the details are wrong.

No one who isn't just using you for trouble-making goals (isn't a sock/shill) sees you as anything remotely close to good. You have nobody but me to credit for that.

--
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know
http://www.5z8.info/php-start_GPS_tracking-user_f8h9lv_-OPEN-WEBCAM---START-RECORD--

F. Russell

Sep 6, 2017, 8:42:37 PM9/6/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:56:26 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:

> that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
> on with computing...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! What a true dunce!

Servers and web development do not qualify by any stretch
of the imagination as "computing."

In fact, ALL web protocols can easily be "burned" into
an FPGA and relegated to appliance status.

Face the reality and weep.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 8:43:16 PM9/6/17
Linus Torvalds is a false advocate's only reason for living.

Android is based on Linux. End of Story.

If you have 'a.pdf' open in a word processor such as vim and Marek wants to change its name to 'mack.txt' via a proxy icon while connecting to a NFS host, that might be good. Can emoticons be concatenated into a string with a logical connection to the "real" world; that is the question posed recently by those astonished at the non-stop flood of gibberish from trolls and neck beard freaks. What were you hoping for? You're six seconds away from being in everyone's kill filter.

Marek can only understand from the perspective of a programmer.

--
I Left My Husband & Daughter At Home And THIS happened!!
https://youtu.be/r7wys2JvBD0

F. Russell

Sep 6, 2017, 8:53:40 PM9/6/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:21:25 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:

> Most of us are old enough to know that you once *had* to have a full
> blown, "traditional desktop" computer to run software, but those days
> are long gone.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! He proves his idiocy yet again!

At the engineering company where I am employed, we use 2D and 3D
CAD software that absolutely requires powerful desktop workstations.
and this this basic situation applies across many industries and enterprises
and will never go away. We sure as fuck are not going to relocate
everything onto some remote "cloud" for access via some absurdly
limited network connection.

The sad fact remains that you DO NOTHING and have DONE NOTHING
substantial in the computing universe. The vast world of REAL
computing applications is completely unknown to your ignoramus
mind.

So shaddup about your chicken-shit "clouds" and phones. Such
paltry activities apply only to you and your grandmother

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 9:00:35 PM9/6/17

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!
http://www.5z8.info/php-start_GPS_tracking-user_j3m3lg_whitepower

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 9:01:12 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 5:41 PM, in article ooq4k...@news3.newsguy.com, "F. Russell"
<f...@random.info> wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:56:26 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

>> that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
>> on with computing...
>>

> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! What a true dunce!
>
> Servers and web development do not qualify by any stretch
> of the imagination as "computing."

Um, what? LOL!

> In fact, ALL web protocols can easily be "burned" into
> an FPGA and relegated to appliance status.
>
> Face the reality and weep.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 9:04:36 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:53:40 PM UTC-6, F. Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:21:25 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

> > Most of us are old enough to know that you once *had* to have a full
> > blown, "traditional desktop" computer to run software, but those days
> > are long gone.
> >

> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! He proves his idiocy yet again!

Explain the error in that statement. You can't because it's a fact.

> At the engineering company where I am employed, we use 2D and 3D
> CAD software that absolutely requires powerful desktop workstations.

Which has nothing to do with what you thought you comprehended from
the above. People locked away in 'computing' cabinets, or cells like the
one Snit lives in, often conflate things or get confused.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 9:06:35 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 5:52 PM, in article ooq59...@news3.newsguy.com, "F. Russell"
You *can* do a lot with a mobile device. Heck, my iPod Touch, at a fraction
of the power of an iPhone, can do a lot more than the computers I used in
the '80s.

Of course, cars do a lot more, too. Does not mean the cars of the '80s would
be sufficient for today's needs (or even legal to make and sell in most
places). Modern computers do a LOT more than those older systems... and many
people use them to do a LOT more than people did in the '80s. Heck, there is
a reason so many more people use computers now -- they are easier, faster,
and do more. And that is just with "mundane" things... not even touching on
your CAD example (though you are right about that).

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 9:13:21 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 3:58 PM, in article
> ssidnaLOAKoN4C3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
><marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:

// snip

>>> People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more
>>> effective than people like you at advocating Linux.
>>
>> In your dreams. When you think you can match me at even 10% you make a
>> video and try to teach ANY linux subject you like. I'll laugh my ass
>> off. You can't even roll back a driver without crying.
>
> I would like to see him do so as well... though no reason for a competition.
> I am happy to see you make your videos. No insult. No attack. I can offer
> some suggestions for improvement if you want, but not sure you would be
> receptive to that.

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 9:16:12 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
>> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
>> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
>> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
>> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
>> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
>> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
>> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
>> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
>> 8) Awesome.
>>
> Ahahahahhahahah. Try Manjaro, you have proprietary there on install ;)

We'll have to make a video of Slimer installing dkms, creating a new
initramfs, adjusting grub and blacklisting Nouveau and then installing
nvidia. Would be fun to watch him back that out. If he thinks Ubuntu is
hard he needs to go back to Windows.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 9:16:13 PM9/6/17
I think the point is not 100% to get Takuya Saitoh to listen to him. The point is likely to piss Takuya Saitoh off for trolling outside groups he knows I frequent. It's a long saga, and John Gohde is simultaneously unable to stop his trolling remarks, while posting with socks with a myriad of tells. Just rubbish from John Gohde. But John Gohde has completely left objectivity behind and is merely holding me culpable for the exploits of himself. Being autonomous as it is, the listserv concept will never go away but it'll never be popular.

--
My Snoring Solution
http://tinyurl.com/gsleb4p

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 9:16:25 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 6:13 PM, in article
CqSdnUDg8Oy3AC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 9/6/17, 3:58 PM, in article
>> ssidnaLOAKoN4C3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
>> <marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
>
> // snip

>>> In your dreams. When you think you can match me at even 10% you make a
>>> video and try to teach ANY linux subject you like. I'll laugh my ass
>>> off. You can't even roll back a driver without crying.
>>
>> I would like to see him do so as well... though no reason for a competition.
>> I am happy to see you make your videos. No insult. No attack. I can offer
>> some suggestions for improvement if you want, but not sure you would be
>> receptive to that.
>
> BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> No.

I did not think so. Some of us are open to learning from those with more
experience and knowledge, others of us are not. I am. You, at least in this
case are not.

So be it.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 9:18:20 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
> On 7/9/2017 00:12 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Melzzzzz posted:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
>>> 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
>>> 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
>>> 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
>>> 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
>>> 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
>>> 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
>>> fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
>>> 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
>>> 8) Awesome.
>>>
>> Ahahahahhahahah. Try Manjaro, you have proprietary there on install ;)
>
> Don't worry, he'll screw that up as well.

Like a TV ad where the woman in the kitchen is suddenly all thumbs cause
she doesn't have the magic bullet blender. But with the magic bullet
blender she's suddenly a five star chef. Is the mass population that
totally dependent on Windows? So sad... At least he tried Linux. I'll
always give him that.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 9:22:19 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 9/6/17, 4:20 PM, in article oopvr5$35q$3...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
>><Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Seems that he has lot of problems, yet he claims he installed Linux in
>>> 90es ;)
>>
>> Hey, not long ago several of the "advocates" were whining Windows 10 kept
>> bluescreening on them. Hey, Slimer included. LOL!
>>
> I never saw system crash on Windows 10, to be honest.

I'd be willing to bet had I bought a dell with the intel graphics driver
and a slightly older hardware release perhaps with no USB-C I'd be
saying the same thing. I had heard this with Windows Vista for example
and I never had even the slightest issue with Vista. Often it's just bad
luck. The right hardware combo and you're screwed.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 9:31:30 PM9/6/17
You're clueless! No no hell no. He never agreed to stop flooding. He lied about his trolling and that was that. Are you being like DFS on purpose?

Everyone is DFS -- the oldest gag in the book. I reported him years ago. As expected, it did diddly-squat to stop the dolt.

-
Live on Kickstarter
https://youtu.be/0ZNxaaKD7-c
Jonas Eklundh

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 9:35:35 PM9/6/17
Manjaro does that with script ;)

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 9:41:24 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 6:18 PM, in article
CqSdnULg8OzIAy3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
But you don't insult people based on what software they use, right? LOL!

Face it, Marek, you repeatedly fail to show examples of me doing as you
accuse -- but you do it over and over.

Jonas Eklundh

Sep 6, 2017, 9:50:54 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:32:11 UTC-7, Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:
> > On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <m...@home.is> wrote:
> > > 1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
> > > 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
> > > 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers
> > > 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group
> > > 5) The "fix" screwed everything up
> > > 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for
> > > fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions)
> > > 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact.
> > > 8) Awesome.

> > --
> > Marek Novotny
> > https://github.com/marek-novotny
>

> It's like a poorly written flyer. God has already decided what he is going to say before he calls. What you say is ignored. What John Gohde says doesn't matter.
>
> The person you are thinking of is in my KF.
>
> Several of us reported him years ago. As expected, it did naught to attenuate the boob. God is the upshot of the fact that Democrats have been hired to subvert instructing the next generation. It's not an accident that he is a witless Marxist.
>
> Generally, I don't call a comment like God's posts an outright lie right up until you invalidate it (as you are here) and God responds with the nothing but repetition knowing he can't prove it. The advocates insist searching for a recommendation for a Linux application is trolling.
>
> Really, what lie?
>

> --
> "You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him. He clearly wants the attention"
> Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

On topic discussions will not be seen once the trolls overpopulate. That, and there will invariably be a mental midget or two in an open group (hello Satan). The flooding BS aside, we have all seen who regularly gets enraged when he doesn't get nonstop attention.

And in response you have nothing but an attempt to start more flooding. What did Steven Petruzzellis expect from the lying imbecile? That Satan ignoramus has nothing to waste but time. He has nothing else. Especially not ambition. I just set a filter and won't be bothered by the idiot. Satan's attack has made a full-out mess of my scripting via GG, so I don't make an attempt replying to your posts with my tablet anymore. One good thing he has achieved with this behavior though is that the Satan ban has been shown to be the right choice.

Can ASCII characters be concatenated into a string with a logical connection to the "real" world; that is the question posed recently by those astonished at the non-stop flood of gibberish from trolls and neck beard freaks.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
http://www.5z8.info/how-to-build-a-bomb_o8n9lg_racist-raps

Jonas Eklundh

Sep 6, 2017, 9:56:10 PM9/6/17
Open source is only less expensive if your time has no value. Too much glue for you, gluey.

And given how repeatedly it is clear that chrisv's .sig file is some twist of a narrative Marek wrote which had been a beating on chrisv for something he did which was absurd/fallacious/etc... its undoubtedly a common sign of chrisv's lingering embarrassment for having been so frequently destroyed: chrisv is clearly unable of facing his own actions. You're like an elephant in the grass. We all see you sitting there and thinking you are being clever. And you're so dumb you keep failing to see it.

-
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know!
http://www.5z8.info/gruesome-gunshot-wounds_t5z0au_cockdock.gif
http://www.5z8.info/creditscore_g7f8du_launchexe
http://alt.conspiracy.narkive.com/QcWYJ4Px/the-mentally-ill-mark-s-bilk
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB

Jonas Eklundh

Sep 6, 2017, 9:57:29 PM9/6/17
You've proven very little. Run a background check on Marek Novotny and you will find that he was in prison earlier this year. Not surprising to anyone. The investigation sites can not go into that degree of detail and court records from his jurisdiction have to be subpoenaed.

You will not go into a rave, knock back all the alcohol, defile all the wives, nab the wallets and toss your cookies in the bedroom without being loathed.

Marek Novotny doesn't have any concept of what he is blubbering about. Steven Petruzzellis just wiped the floor with Marek Novotny. It is obvious at least some of the posts are hand generated because some of them tap into what Steven Petruzzellis said in very specific ways with attempts to mislead on specific issues. Which can only be Marek Novotny.

-
One Smart Penny!
https://youtu.be/GPPqvw8iEBs
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:03:01 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-06, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Web developers? Servers?
>>
>> Yeah, you know, that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
>> on with computing... and has been for the last couple of decades.
>>
>> (snip more 'one true God' drivel)
>
> Yeah, seems that classic desktop applications are dead. You write server
> code and app works anywhere there is browser ;)

Exactly. I think the web developer, JavaScript, Node.js, Electron, etc
developer is the new king for a good while to come. You need good web
developers and then Android and iOS. And you need good infrastructure
for the back end.

Did you check out the stackoverflow 2017 developer survey?

Platforms:

Windows Desktop 41%
Linux Desktop 32.9%
Android 28.2%
AWS 28.1%
MacOS 18.4%
iOS 16.4%
Raspberry Pi 16.1%
Microsoft Azure 11.4%

Most Dreaded Languages

Visual Basic 6 88.3% <==== Holy Fuck!
VBA 80.4%
CoffeeScript 79.2%
VB.NET 77.2%

Most wanted

Python 20.6%
JavaScript 18.6%
Go 13.5%
C++ 11.8%
Java 11.7%

Most Loved

Rust 73.1%
Swift 63.9%
Go 63.3%
Python 62.7%

Most Loved platform

Linux Desktop 69.6% <===== Highest ranked
Serverless 66.3%
Amazon AWS 65.2%
Raspberry Pi 65.2%

Most dreaded platform

SharePoint 70.9% <======= Microsoft's product.
Windows Phone 60.8%
Windows Desktop 44%

Most popular language by occupation

JavaScript 81.7%
SQL 60.4%
C# 38.1%
Java 37.9 %

Most popular Developer Environment by Occupation

(Web Developer)

Visual Studio 38.8%
Notepad ++ 34.3%
Sublime Text 31.4%
Vim 27.1%

(Desktop Developer)

Visual Studio 66.4 %
Notepad++ 48.1 %
Visual Studio Code 25.8%
Eclipse 25.2 %
Vim 21.2%
Sublime Text 21.1%
IntelliJ 18.8 %

(Sys Admin / DevOps)

Vim 42.1% <==============highest ranked
Visual Studio 35.9%
Notepad ++ 33.1%
Sublime Text 28.6%
InteliJ 23.8%

By the way, BBEdit and text Expander don't even show up at all on any of
these surveys.

Vim in admin / DevOps is #1
Vim ranked high in all categories.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:07:28 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
> CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".

Except you two aren't Linux users.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:07:58 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

// snip

>> Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
>> CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".
>>
> Slimer is not Linux user ...

:)

+1

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 10:10:04 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Marek Novotny <marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, you know, that segment where a sh*t-ton of activity is going
>>> on with computing... and has been for the last couple of decades.
>>>
>>> (snip more 'one true God' drivel)
>>
>> Yeah, seems that classic desktop applications are dead. You write server
>> code and app works anywhere there is browser ;)
>
> Exactly. I think the web developer, JavaScript, Node.js, Electron, etc
> developer is the new king for a good while to come. You need good web
> developers and then Android and iOS. And you need good infrastructure
> for the back end.
>
> Did you check out the stackoverflow 2017 developer survey?

Nah ;)

> Vim in admin / DevOps is #1
> Vim ranked high in all categories.

No wonder...

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 10:20:41 PM9/6/17
His goal is to see me annoyed by idiotic lying. And hey, that could happen. Do you believe the idiocy Satan is spewing? Just baloney from Satan. But Satan has left technology behind and is merely holding me culpable for the actions of himself. Enough already. You're again trying to bolster yourself beyond your grade. You're the village idiot and your many stupid scripts show this. Believe it or not, just recently he was declaring himself the only "true Linux advocate", and claiming that "advocates" (in mockery-quotes just to annoy Marek Novotny) are insisting desktop Linux is perfect as is.

--
Curious how these posts are made? Email: frelw...@gmail.com

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 10:22:23 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:07 PM, in article
ZLSdnY2gXdpqNC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-06, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
>> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
> // snip
>
>>> Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
>>> CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".
>>>
>> Slimer is not Linux user ...
>
> :)
>
> +1

No matter how much he uses Linux he is not a "real" Linux user because...
um... look, a chicken!

LOL!

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 10:24:27 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:07 PM, in article
ZLSdnZKgXdpFNC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
>> CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".
>
> Except you two aren't Linux users.

Ah, before you were saying I try to tell people what to use and not use (but
could find no examples), but here you are trying to define what I do and do
not use, even though you have no clue.

You get amusing as you get more upset. And that doubles when you deny the
obvious.

I give you 48 hours MAXIMUM before you throw another tantrum and say you
will KF me. MAXIMUM.

It is not like your trolling is not predictable.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 10:30:43 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:02 PM, in article
ZLSdnZOgXdpQNS3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
The fact developers work in such different ways than the users they work to
serve is a part of the reason they need "middle-men" to help them serve
users in a reasonable way.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 10:35:54 PM9/6/17
These posts are clearly not automated, they are made by flatfish+++ who is a glue sniffing stalker with an axe to grind who has way too much time on his hands.

See: I noted examples of flatfish+++ trolling multiple groups -- trolling multiple groups, etc. His response: to repeat the same nonsense.

He is as incompetent as flatfish+++. That's what flatfish+++ does when he gets mad. He always creates a nym, starts a thread so he can claim it was Marek Novotny. Hey it was my left hand... and then flatfish+++ replies to his own post with his right hand.

It was flatfish+++ who flooded Marek Novotny's site millions of times and refused to admit it. This is truly a hobby of mine.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.development.apps/G2-ZXYAEyIM

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 10:35:58 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 7:07 PM, in article
> ZLSdnZKgXdpFNC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
><marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> Not sure that is true... but asking Linux users to stop using Linux is
>>> CLEARLY horrid "advocacy".
>>
>> Except you two aren't Linux users.
>
> Ah, before you were saying I try to tell people what to use and not use (but
> could find no examples), but here you are trying to define what I do and do
> not use, even though you have no clue.

You obviously not use Linux.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:38:09 PM9/6/17
I was an Avid Media Composer Editor. A professional editor. I was a
professional DVD author. What I show you here is .00000005% of my
knowledge of editing and effects. What I do and how I do it, is by
design. I want it to be a single cut, un-edited and un-scripted. I've
said this already many times. It should feel like I am sitting there
with the viewer having a candid conversation about the tech. I don't
want a 15 minute, ram it down your throat, non-stop video that runs
through a complex subject like LVM. And hey feel free to watch other's
videos on LVM and then tell me mine is better than most of them. Find a
video on TAR that goes into any depth like I do. You'll have to watch 5
videos from five twits who are obviously winging what they don't know to
get the quality I provided.

Seriously, find a better video on gpg that walks you through everything
I walk you through at a pace a n00b can keep up with.

You're videos are crap. You want to actually learn about something,
watch my videos.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:40:29 PM9/6/17
Manjara, Ubuntu, Mint, Suse all make it very easy. I'll have to get a
camera on a tripod so I can show it being done manually on RHEL. Slimer
will freak out when he sees how it's actually done manually. He's got no
appreciation for what Ubuntu is doing for him behind the scenes.

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 10:42:51 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 6:18 PM, in article
> CqSdnULg8OzIAy3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
><marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-06, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
>>> On 7/9/2017 00:12 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Melzzzzz posted:

>>> Don't worry, he'll screw that up as well.
>>
>> Like a TV ad where the woman in the kitchen is suddenly all thumbs cause
>> she doesn't have the magic bullet blender. But with the magic bullet
>> blender she's suddenly a five star chef. Is the mass population that
>> totally dependent on Windows? So sad... At least he tried Linux. I'll
>> always give him that.
>
> But you don't insult people based on what software they use, right? LOL!

I insult iSheep. If that counts as people then yes.
I also insult trolls. If that counts, then yes.

An eye for eye. You troll, I insult you for being an idiot.

> Face it, Marek, you repeatedly fail to show examples of me doing as you
> accuse -- but you do it over and over.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:10:03 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:38 PM, in article
79qdnVVQBamULC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
Your videos are not bad, but they ramble. Your one the other day was over 30
minutes but had about 4 minutes of content. Usually you are not so bad, but
you could learn focus.

> You're videos are crap. You want to actually learn about something,
> watch my videos.

Hey, just think how much my videos have you thinking... you obsess over
their content and bring them up over and over and over. You will not admit
to it, but clearly you have learned a lot about Linux from them... things
you do not like. It is why you troll me so much.

For that matter, my videos get comments and views from people outside of
COLA... where yours are mostly ignored in and out of COLA.

<https://youtu.be/Mf2oZ4Tfi28>
Filled with insults and accusations, and lies, and ZERO comments.

<https://youtu.be/JRpc-3P1Rv4> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/tSEWEAxaWjI> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/xg8DqBLUCls> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/DyTZfcuzvew> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/Iv8SeOcz2PY> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/hLEVf3O91iU> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/as6PxPnnqvc> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/KPZhMhbTfPo> Zero comments.
<https://youtu.be/qaSSkeVYcGk> Zero comments.

Ok, checked the next several. ONE COMMENT here:
<https://youtu.be/-_AHF3-329k>

Do you have any comments on ANY of your videos?

Now most of my "Snit COLA" videos are just a couple minutes and made for
just this group... but even then I have ones like this:'

<https://youtu.be/V791-XhhOxY>
<https://youtu.be/ugylM7iVZos>
<https://youtu.be/sdSiYE7lbQI>

And of course that is just my "junk" account. If you go to my "real" YouTube
account you will see things like this:

<https://youtu.be/NvrpuBAMddw>
<https://youtu.be/2hUUaG4o3DA>

Far more comments and 3,400 subscribers (which is really NOTHING compared to
popular channels).

Heck, even this one which is just ten minutes of static has a LOT more
interaction than yours:

<https://youtu.be/mfycQJrzXCA>

But unlike you I am still open to learning... open to experimentation...
open to doing things better and listening to the advice of others. And
unlike you I am not even claiming my videos there are all that "special"...
I have no interest in your you-vs-me nonsense, I merely post the above in
RESPONSE to your focus on that.

Anway, does not mean I will always take the advice, of course, but I do not
share your arrogance. And I wish you well... I hope you get from your
YouTube channel what you want. If you did end up with more comments and
views and subscriptions I would be happy for you and not feel threatened in
any way.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:10:05 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:35 PM, in article ooqbab$drk$4...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Meanwhile Marek runs around claiming huge numbers of users of LO... when
surely by the criteria of my not being a "real" Linux user because it is not
my primary OS they are not "real" LO users.

I will say it is fun to watch "advocates" talk out of both sides of their
mouths and refuse to call each other out. Would prefer to talk tech, but
watching the psychology of a cult-like group is also interesting.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:11:19 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 7:42 PM, in article
79qdnVdQBam-Ly3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
You can make as many excuses as you want... you do as you accuse but cannot
show me doing what you say I do.

Much like your nonsense about me lying but in an "UN quotable" way... where
your lies are trivial to quote.

>> Face it, Marek, you repeatedly fail to show examples of me doing as you
>> accuse -- but you do it over and over.
>
> BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Gee, no actual example. What a shock!

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 11:11:20 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/17, 7:35 PM, in article ooqbab$drk$4...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
><Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> On 9/6/17, 7:07 PM, in article
>>> ZLSdnZKgXdpFNC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"

>>> Ah, before you were saying I try to tell people what to use and not use (but
>>> could find no examples), but here you are trying to define what I do and do
>>> not use, even though you have no clue.
>>
>> You obviously not use Linux.
>>

> Meanwhile Marek runs around claiming huge numbers of users of LO... when
> surely by the criteria of my not being a "real" Linux user because it is not
> my primary OS they are not "real" LO users.

You have it in VM, that does not counts...

Marek Novotny

Sep 6, 2017, 11:12:22 PM9/6/17
On 2017-09-07, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
+1

Seems pretty obvious to me too. But hey Snit, feel free to teach us
something about Linux beyond the stupid shit you make videos about.

So far I taught gpg, tar, lvm, vim, tmux, socks proxy and
snapshots. Snit could pick a topic and teach something Linux beyond
how to right-mouse click on the desktop and create a folder.

Snit,

Show us how use Linux, Snit. Notice in my talk of TAR how I showed my
actual tar backup methods. It should be clear as a bell I actually use
tar to backup and showed how to restore files, directories, exclusions,
redirects, all from my 38 GB tarballs.

https://youtu.be/YZCvq509SZs

Note my snapshot video where I showed the creating of live snapshots in
Linux, and then the backup of snap shots. Note the software and hardware
used to do the demo. The SAS LTO 6 and Storix app alone are around
$5,000. Obviously I didn't spend $5000 to make a video. I'm showing what
I actually use.

https://youtu.be/gRKK8IV2JWU

When snit shows we he uses, we get a VM running on the Mac. LOL. Yeah a
real user... LOL.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:16:40 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 8:12 PM, in article
2uudnew4XquSJC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-07, Melzzzzz <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:
>> On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> On 9/6/17, 7:07 PM, in article
>>> ZLSdnZKgXdpFNC3E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"

>>> Ah, before you were saying I try to tell people what to use and not use (but
>>> could find no examples), but here you are trying to define what I do and do
>>> not use, even though you have no clue.
>>
>> You obviously not use Linux.
>
> +1
>
> Seems pretty obvious to me too. But hey Snit, feel free to teach us
> something about Linux beyond the stupid shit you make videos about.

LOL! Face it... you bring up my videos time and time and time again. My
Linux videos.

> So far I taught gpg, tar, lvm, vim, tmux, socks proxy and
> snapshots. Snit could pick a topic and teach something Linux beyond
> how to right-mouse click on the desktop and create a folder.

LOL! See: you HAVE watched my videos... and, of course, you learned things
about Linux you do not like. Hence your attacks.

> Snit,
>
> Show us how use Linux, Snit.

I have, repeatedly. And you cry about it nonstop.

> Notice in my talk of TAR how I showed my actual tar backup methods. It should
> be clear as a bell I actually use tar to backup and showed how to restore
> files, directories, exclusions, redirects, all from my 38 GB tarballs.
>
> https://youtu.be/YZCvq509SZs
>
> Note my snapshot video where I showed the creating of live snapshots in
> Linux, and then the backup of snap shots. Note the software and hardware
> used to do the demo. The SAS LTO 6 and Storix app alone are around
> $5,000. Obviously I didn't spend $5000 to make a video. I'm showing what
> I actually use.
>
> https://youtu.be/gRKK8IV2JWU
>
> When snit shows we he uses, we get a VM running on the Mac. LOL. Yeah a
> real user... LOL.

Insults and trolling from you... because you learned things about Linux you
do not like.

I must say, you get more amusing with time.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:17:06 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 8:11 PM, in article ooqdcm$drk$5...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
<Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 9/6/17, 7:35 PM, in article ooqbab$drk$4...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
>> <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> You obviously not use Linux.
>>>

>> Meanwhile Marek runs around claiming huge numbers of users of LO... when
>> surely by the criteria of my not being a "real" Linux user because it is not
>> my primary OS they are not "real" LO users.
>
> You have it in VM, that does not counts...

I have it on a VM and running native. In the past I had labs full of systems
running Linux, though I admit I do not now.

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:18:03 PM9/6/17
<Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-07, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 9/6/17, 7:35 PM, in article ooqbab$drk$4...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
>> <Melz...@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> You obviously not use Linux.
>>>

>> Meanwhile Marek runs around claiming huge numbers of users of LO... when
>> surely by the criteria of my not being a "real" Linux user because it is not
>> my primary OS they are not "real" LO users.
>
> You have it in VM, that does not counts...

Sorry... sent to soon. Even if I did just run Linux in a VM, though, are you
suggesting Linux cannot run in one well? Does someone who runs LibreOffice
in a VM not count as a LO user?

LOL!

You guys cannot help but shoot yourselves in the feet time and time again.

Melzzzzz

Sep 6, 2017, 11:19:30 PM9/6/17
Liar.

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2017, 11:22:49 PM9/6/17
My view is beyond your understanding. LOL!

Takuya Saitoh and Marek Novotny both lie endlessly and shamelessly and continue to do so. So no motivation in showing any further care or judiciousness. Already moved on from that. Take it as you want! You wanting something false to be true does not make it true.

But Takuya Saitoh feels the need to attack the herd. So be it.

It was Takuya Saitoh who was publicly asking how better to post his forgeries. Takuya Saitoh's actions are in all respects duplicitous. There's no dispute that as soon as any released 'plonkee' does whatever to wound the pansy's feelings that they will be replonked.

--
My Snoring Solution!
https://youtu.be/m37dF5X2S-4

Snit

Sep 6, 2017, 11:24:15 PM9/6/17
On 9/6/17, 8:19 PM, in article ooqds0$drk$6...@news.albasani.net, "Melzzzzz"
Ah, yes, you are more of an expert on my life than I am... AND your focus is
so much on my life you are confident of this.

Of course you are just seeking to get attention.
It is loading more messages.