Dietrich Schmitz asking for financial help

Snit

May 6, 2013, 11:38:06 AM5/6/13
<http://bit.ly/18NlNwz>
-----
What We Need

I launched Linux Advocates at my own expense and have devoted
considerable time and energy to getting it started off on the right
foot. In order to continue operating it at the same level, I
anticipate devoting myself in a full-time capacity. To that end, I
anticipate the need to defray costs of $10,000 over the next six (6)
months.

Harsh Reality

It is unlikely that I can continue to operate this website without
your help. My funds are nearing the point where I will become
financially depleted and simply will cease to operate and worse
without income will require Welfare assistance to live. With your
help, I can continue to survive and serve this important advocacy.

Funding this campaign will allow me to devote myself full-time to
all aspects of operation and projects growing the site's advocacy
and scope of visibility around the world

I truly believe that with your help, this site can make a real
difference advancing Linux and free software throughout the world.

Please help me survive.
-----

--
Proof Mark Bilk's http://cosmicpenguin.com/911/ is nothing but silly
fiction: <http://bit.ly/Y741mf>.

flatfish+++

May 6, 2013, 12:22:07 PM5/6/13
On Mon, 06 May 2013 08:38:06 -0700, Snit wrote:

> <http://bit.ly/18NlNwz>
> -----
> What We Need
>
> I launched Linux Advocates at my own expense and have devoted
> considerable time and energy to getting it started off on the right
> foot. In order to continue operating it at the same level, I
> anticipate devoting myself in a full-time capacity. To that end, I
> anticipate the need to defray costs of $10,000 over the next six (6)
> months.
>
> Harsh Reality
>
> It is unlikely that I can continue to operate this website without
> your help. My funds are nearing the point where I will become
> financially depleted and simply will cease to operate and worse
> without income will require Welfare assistance to live. With your
> help, I can continue to survive and serve this important advocacy.
>
> Funding this campaign will allow me to devote myself full-time to
> all aspects of operation and projects growing the site's advocacy
> and scope of visibility around the world
>
> I truly believe that with your help, this site can make a real
> difference advancing Linux and free software throughout the world.
>
> Please help me survive.
> -----

Why doesn't one of the fine Linux advocates offer to take over the
site so that Dietrich Schmitz no longer has to suffer this burden?

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:

Snit

May 6, 2013, 1:10:57 PM5/6/13
On 5/6/13 9:22 AM, in article 1heiinyoj0dze$.1wo3godr4d254$.d...@40tude.net,
The man has a hobby: he likes to write about Linux and open source. I think
that is fine - no problem with it at all. Heck, I share that hobby to an
extent and even volunteered to write an article for his blog. He did not
offer to pay me for my work. I did not think to ask. I would not ask.

The fact he is asking for donations is a bit off... the extremes of his
language are over the top: "Please help me survive". Really? He cannot
survive if people do not donate money to help him keep up his hobby?

That is, frankly, absurd.

flatfish+++

May 6, 2013, 1:54:21 PM5/6/13
I used to have a hobby collecting soaps from around the globe. I wish
someone would have funded me so I didn't have to actually have a day
job as well.

lol!

> That is, frankly, absurd.

The radical Linux/FOSS community is absurd to begin with.
This guy, Dietrich Schmitz, defines the very term "Freetard".

Snit

May 6, 2013, 2:01:43 PM5/6/13
On 5/6/13 10:54 AM, in article evftpcdhu04x$.129w2pb1qg5f7$.d...@40tude.net,
Bilk and 7 and others in the herd lie about people being paid to post to
COLA - but they never question how Dietrich and others run around begging to
be paid to make their posts.

>> That is, frankly, absurd.
>
> The radical Linux/FOSS community is absurd to begin with.
> This guy, Dietrich Schmitz, defines the very term "Freetard".

I gave him too much credit at the start. That is clear. Still, I commend him
for not censoring responses on his hobby blog.

How can it cost him $10,000 in six months to run a hobby *blog* where many
of the articles are written by others he does not even pay?

The very idea he wants and even expects others to pay him $20,000 / year to
enjoy his hobby blog is just bizarre to my way of thinking. So far he has
gotten *one* person to contribute $20. Amazing. Would love to have a
discussion with that person to see who they are and why they did it.

"Please help. This is literally a matter of survival"

A matter of *survival*! He will *die* if people do not pay him to continue
his hobby blog! Really?

Just madness.

Cola Zealot

May 6, 2013, 4:18:48 PM5/6/13
Where are the COLA loon freetards when you need them?
Maybe Tim "Goobler" Wilson should sell one of his Jack Sparrow hats and
donate the profit, bwahahahaaah!!

"began on February 1, 2013
$20
0% raised of $10k goal
1 Contributors
40 Days left"

Onion Knight

May 6, 2013, 7:04:00 PM5/6/13
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> Please help me survive.

What Snit says to his wife when he needs food, clothing and money.

Snit

May 6, 2013, 7:48:28 PM5/6/13
On 5/6/13 4:04 PM, in article XnsA1B8C28EB1...@78.46.70.116,
Why not just post with your "regular" name, Tattoo?