Osborne Orb Quest

Al Kossow

Dec 13, 2019, 12:30:07 PM12/13/19

Alan Laughton

Dec 13, 2019, 5:18:41 PM12/13/19
On 14/12/2019 4:31 am, Al Kossow wrote:

> http://bitsavers.org/bits/Osborne/Osborne1/Orb_Quest

Fantastic, its been missing for years.
Thanks, Alan

Al Kossow

Dec 14, 2019, 1:04:06 PM12/14/19
Let me know if it works and if the files match between the two disks.
Extracting the files would probably be a good thing to do as well.

Alan Laughton

Dec 14, 2019, 5:31:38 PM12/14/19
I decompressed 102789592.IMD with IMDU. It told me it was 40tr 10sectors
of 256b. So extracted the files with cpmtools using osb1sssd definition.
The game runs perfectly on my Microbee that also uses the ADM3a
terminal, same as the Osborne. Pity the display assumes a 64 character
wide screen rather than 80 though, but otherwise all is good :) Thanks.

Sorry didnt try the other file, have to decompress on my WinXP unit as
IMD doesnt like my 64bit Windows.

Lance

Dec 15, 2019, 1:44:16 PM12/15/19
Alan, if you are referring to the right side of the screen being blank, that is not populated with anything until you acquire "[ Magic Items ]". Which are your equipment/items: sword, shield, etc..

Al, I tried the "102788756_1.IMD" with libdsk dsktrans and was not successful in extracting the raw image. I was successful with the other file: 102789592.IMD

Alan Laughton

Dec 15, 2019, 5:48:17 PM12/15/19
On 16/12/2019 5:44 am, Lance wrote:
> Alan, if you are referring to the right side of the screen being blank, that is not populated with anything until you acquire "[ Magic Items ]". Which are your equipment/items: sword, shield, etc..
>

> Al, I tried the "102788756_1.IMD" with libdsk dsktrans and was not successful in extracting the raw image. I was successful with the other file: 102789592.IMD

Lance, really looking at the very first and second screen, everything
seams to be central to a 64 wide screen. But no real issue.

I fired up the WinXP pc again and was able to extract the files from
both images and going a hex compare, all the files were identical from
both images.
Alan

mcne...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2019, 9:35:10 PM12/15/19
I previously used libdsk 1.4 to convert the IMD files. I tried the libdsk 1.5 version and it was able to convert both IMD images successfully. I confirmed what Alan noted earlier that the non-character program files inside both image files match.