Tim Olmstead

nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net

Sep 11, 2001, 9:05:26 PM9/11/01
I am deeply sorry to report this.

This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
family and friends.

Tim was one of the driving forces in preserving CP/M.

Go with God Tim.

Allison

Charles Richmond

Sep 11, 2001, 10:42:33 PM9/11/01
nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:

> I am deeply sorry to report this.
>
> This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
> family and friends.

Gee...I knew that Tim Olmstead was ill, but I had *no* idea that
he would leave us so soon...

> Tim was one of the driving forces in preserving CP/M.

Tim *not* only worked on preserving CP/M, but worked to make
CP/M available for all of us to download and use...including
documentation!!! IMHO anyone who reads <comp.os.cpm> must have
been asleep if they do *not* know at least something of Tim's
work... And Tim continued with the Unofficial CP/M WEB site
long after he was ill...

> Go with God Tim.
>
> Allison

| Charles and Francis Richmond <rich...@plano.net> |

ri...@rivie.no.domain

Sep 12, 2001, 11:21:18 AM9/12/01
In article <3b9eb6e6....@news.bellatlantic.net>, Allison wrote:
> This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
> family and friends.

When it rains, it pours.
--
Roger Ivie
iv...@cc.usu.edu

Steve

Sep 12, 2001, 1:15:44 PM9/12/01
-----------------
Is there an email address where we here can all write his family to
tell them what his help and advice and tutelage has meant to us???
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz rst...@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
-Electronics Site!! 1000 Files/50 Dirs!! http://www.armory.com/~rstevew

fhe...@knoware.nl

Sep 12, 2001, 5:33:08 PM9/12/01
nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
>> This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
>> family and friends.

I'm very grateful to Tim for the joy that his CP/M-collections have given me
over the last few years.

Freek.

Charles Richmond

Sep 12, 2001, 5:26:58 PM9/12/01
Steve wrote:

> nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
> >
> > I am deeply sorry to report this.
> >
> > This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
> > family and friends.
> >
> > Tim was one of the driving forces in preserving CP/M.
> >
> > Go with God Tim.
> >
> > Allison
> -----------------
> Is there an email address where we here can all write his family to
> tell them what his help and advice and tutelage has meant to us???

You can get Tim's snail-mail address from <http://www.switchboard.com/>,
among other places. Tim lived in Dallas, TX...

Steve

Sep 12, 2001, 5:37:16 PM9/12/01
Charles Richmond wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> >
> > nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
> > >
> > > I am deeply sorry to report this.
> > >
> > > This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
> > > family and friends.
> > >
> > > Tim was one of the driving forces in preserving CP/M.
> > >
> > > Go with God Tim.
> > >
> > > Allison
> > -----------------
> > Is there an email address where we here can all write his family to
> > tell them what his help and advice and tutelage has meant to us???
> >
> You can get Tim's snail-mail address from <http://www.switchboard.com/>,
> among other places. Tim lived in Dallas, TX...

Tim Olmstead
10447 Dunaway Dr
Dallas, TX 75228-2745

This it? Anyone?

ri...@rivie.no.domain

Sep 12, 2001, 5:58:59 PM9/12/01
In article <3B9FD5...@armory.com>, Steve wrote:
> Tim Olmstead
> 10447 Dunaway Dr
> Dallas, TX 75228-2745
>
> This it? Anyone?

That looks right. I once sent him some manuals and that address
rings bells.

nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net

Sep 12, 2001, 10:26:12 PM9/12/01
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:37:16 -0700, Steve <rst...@armory.com> wrote:

>Tim Olmstead
>10447 Dunaway Dr
>Dallas, TX 75228-2745
>
>This it? Anyone?
>-Steve

That is correct.

Allison

nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net

Sep 12, 2001, 10:40:53 PM9/12/01
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:42:33 GMT, Charles Richmond <rich...@ev1.net>
wrote:

>CP/M available for all of us to download and use...including
>documentation!!! IMHO anyone who reads <comp.os.cpm> must have

Indeed, he did.

One of my projects I hope to complete someday is one he started and
we'd brought as far as completed PWB about to be tested {first bring
up}. It was to be a Z280/12mhz with 10mhz Z8000{segmented part} with
16mb shared ram using ISA-16 bus for standard PCbased cards. The
Z8000 was to run as a fully cooperative shared processor. One of
the peices under development was a compatable mod to CP/M-2.2 such
that it would support large IDE disks(like Novados) and heirarchial
directories. I plan to complete this software though it will not be
as pretty hardware. We shared the complmenting skills both hardware
and software to build it.

Allison

Charles Richmond

Sep 22, 2001, 10:56:51 PM9/22/01
Steve wrote:

> nos...@nouce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
> >
> > I am deeply sorry to report this.
> >
> > This morning Tim Olmstead lost his battle with cancer. He leaves
> > family and friends.
> >
> > Tim was one of the driving forces in preserving CP/M.
> >
> > Go with God Tim.
> >
> > Allison
> -----------------
> Is there an email address where we here can all write his family to
> tell them what his help and advice and tutelage has meant to us???

Today I searched through some old newspapers and found Tim Olmstead's
obituary. I thought that everyone here might like to know...there is
an online site for leaving messages for the family. You go to:

<http://www.restlandfuneralhome.com/>

Click on the button in the middle titled "Sign and View Family
Guestbook". Then you select the letter "O" and finally Tim's
name. This takes you to a site for Tim provided by the funeral
home.

jim korman

Sep 23, 2001, 1:16:00 AM9/23/01
<snip>

> Today I searched through some old newspapers and found Tim Olmstead's
> obituary. I thought that everyone here might like to know...there is
> an online site for leaving messages for the family. You go to:
>
> <http://www.restlandfuneralhome.com/>
>
> Click on the button in the middle titled "Sign and View Family
> Guestbook". Then you select the letter "O" and finally Tim's
> name. This takes you to a site for Tim provided by the funeral
> home.

Charles, Thanks for sharing this. It was nice to be able

to send a note to the family.

Jim