[ANN] TAO 2.3.1 available for download

Johnny Willemsen

Dec 29, 2014, 7:12:43 AM12/29/14
Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix ony release of ACE 6.3.1,
TAO 2.3.1, CIAO 1.3.1, and DAnCE 1.3.1, which is available from the
usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Release and Latest BFO Micro Release".

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS
$DANCE_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 97% for the TAO, CIAO, and
DAnCE tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies. Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

. ACE is now hosted on github (https://github.com/DOCGroup/ATCD). As
part of the release process we now generate a ChangeLog for each release
which is stored in the ChangeLogs directory

. ACE has been ported to OpenBSD 5.6. Old versions of OpenBSD are no
longer supported.

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

. TAO is now hosted on github (https://github.com/DOCGroup/ATCD). As
part of the release process we now generate a ChangeLog for each release
which is stored in the ChangeLogs directory

. Fixed incorrect server status shown by tao_imr after a crashed server
has been given a shutdown command

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

. CIAO is now hosted on github (https://github.com/DOCGroup/ATCD). As
part of the release process we now generate a ChangeLog for each release
which is stored in the ChangeLogs directory

================
Changes to DAnCE
================

. DAnCE is now hosted on github (https://github.com/DOCGroup/ATCD). As
part of the release process we now generate a ChangeLog for each release
which is stored in the ChangeLogs directory

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed

0 MPC bugzilla issue fixed:

3 ACE bugzilla issues fixed:
4066 ACE-INSTALL.html has a bug for installing on Cygwin
4196 Broken dlsym
4197 vxWorks configuration

1 TAO bugzilla issues fixed:
4192 tao_imr shows invalid state for crashed/shutdown process

0 CIAO bugzilla issues fixed:

0 DAnCE bugzilla issues fixed: