Ubuntu fis-gtm package issue w/64 bit OS (with solution)

David Heller

Jul 28, 2014, 11:14:34 PM7/28/14

Hello

The 64 bit version of gtm is not being installed properly using the debian based package installer.

I checked the fis-gtm Ubuntu package and for the 64 bit version it will not ln /usr/lib/fis-gtm/current to the correct directory.
It actually links to V6.0-003_i686 but it should ln to V6.0-003_x86_64 if running 64 bit Ubuntu.
One way around this is to modify the package fis-gtm_6.0-003-2_all.deb and add a post install script (usually named postinst) in the DEBIAN directory within the package archive with the following text:

#!/bin/sh
target_PWD=$(readlink -f /usr/lib/fis-gtm/*)
ln -s $target_PWD ./current

Dave

K.S. Bhaskar

Jul 31, 2014, 3:27:48 PM7/31/14
Dave --

You're right. We'll take it up with the package maintainers.

Regards
-- Bhaskar