final JDBC 1.0 spec now available

Graham Hamilton

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

We're happy to announce that the final frozen JDBC 1.0 specification
is now available. JDBC is the Java API for access to relational
databases.

The spec is available in postscript and acrobat from our JDBC home page
at http://splash.javasoft.com/jdbc/

We're like to thank the many reviewers who have read and commented on the
various JDBC drafts. We think the API benefited enormously from the
public review period and we're very happy with the final spec.

JavaSoft also intends to make a beta version of our JDBC-ODBC bridge
available in early July. We'll announce it to comp.lang.java when it
becomes available.

Graham Hamilton
Rick Cattell

JavaSoft

bob pasker

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

you can also download a fully functioning JDBC driver from
www.weblogic.com for Oracle. Sybase and SQL Server will be available
in a few weeks.

--bob pasker
r...@well.com