Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Fabian Knauf

ungelesen,
31.03.2009, 10:39:5731.03.09
an
Hi,

in a stable clipper 5.3 application which runs since years and also runs
on a win 2003 server for more than a year now, suddenly shows problems.

When creating some tmp. files we often get a DBFNTX/1004 (DOS ERROR
112).

What I found about DOS ERROR 112 is a 'disk full' message, but this
could not be (more than 80GB free)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Fabian

dlzc

ungelesen,
31.03.2009, 12:15:5431.03.09
an
Dear Fabian Knauf:

Is this application running on the server, or on workstations?

I would *guess* that the application is trying to create / write to a
directory that it does not have permission to write to. I'd be
looking at the various ways that you can change directories. If there
are none, then the NetAdmin has altered / applied permissions to your
application, and he / she needs to be made aware. You may have to set
"Working Directory" from a .PIF or some such to a directory they will
let you write in. Find out how many ways your application is
started...

Gun back in holster...

David A. Smith

Fabian Knauf

ungelesen,
31.03.2009, 14:17:1431.03.09
an
Hi David,

the complete application is located on the server and called there.

> Is this application running on the server, or on workstations?
>
> I would *guess* that the application is trying to create / write to a
> directory that it does not have permission to write to. I'd be
> looking at the various ways that you can change directories. If there
> are none, then the NetAdmin has altered / applied permissions to your
> application, and he / she needs to be made aware. You may have to set
> "Working Directory" from a .PIF or some such to a directory they will
> let you write in. Find out how many ways your application is
> started...

I already thought on these things, but actually it is not a directory
but a temp file in the application directory itself. And there are a lot
of other appl steps where temp. files are created. But only at one point
we now have theses troubles. So rights could not really be the reason?!

I never saw a DOS Error 112 before anyway!

Regards
Fabian

dlzc

ungelesen,
31.03.2009, 15:34:2731.03.09
an
Dear Fabian Knauf:

On Mar 31, 11:17 am, Fabian Knauf <fk2...@web.de> wrote:

> > Is this application running on the server, or
> > on workstations?

> the complete application is located on the server
> and called there.

> > I would *guess* that the application is trying
> > to create / write to a directory that it does
> > not have permission to write to.  I'd be
> > looking at the various ways that you can change
> > directories.  If there are none, then the
> > NetAdmin has altered / applied permissions to
> > your application, and he / she needs to be made
> > aware.  You may have to set "Working Directory"
> > from a .PIF or some such to a directory they
> > will let you write in.  Find out how many ways
> > your application is started...
>
> I already thought on these things, but actually
> it is not a directory but a temp file in the
> application directory itself.

What is the value of the environment variable TEMP, and/or what is
being passed on the command line to your program?

> And there are a lot of other appl steps where
> temp. files are created. But only at one point
> we now have theses troubles.

How big is the file? OpSys can handle realy big, but DOS cannot.

Same executable performed these other steps, and in the same
invocation, this "next step" fails?

What has changed from "before" to "now"? Change it back.

> So rights could not really be the reason?!
>
> I never saw a DOS Error 112 before anyway!

TEMP may be pointing into WinDoze/temp directory, and your app will
not be allowed to write there...

David A. Smith

ktos

ungelesen,
31.03.2009, 16:08:0431.03.09
an
Fabian Knauf pisze:
> Hi,

> What I found about DOS ERROR 112 is a 'disk full' message, but this
> could not be (more than 80GB free)
>
> Any ideas?

In old good times in case of network failure clipper 87 reported:
- index file corupted (when failure occured during reading a dbf)
- disk full (while trying to write a dbf)

Michael Hagl

ungelesen,
01.04.2009, 02:21:4001.04.09
an
Hi Fabian,

have a look at the temp filenames. Perhaps the temp filename is already
present.

Michael

"Fabian Knauf" <fk2...@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

dlzc

ungelesen,
01.04.2009, 09:13:3101.04.09
an
Dear Michael Hagl:

On Mar 31, 11:21 pm, "Michael Hagl" <hag...@hagl.de> wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> have a look at the temp filenames. Perhaps the
> temp filename is already present.

... and maybe even in use. Genius!

David A. Smith

tom knauf

ungelesen,
02.04.2009, 11:05:5802.04.09
an
Hi,

which linker do you use ? Which mode ?
Maybe the temp files or the swap files go into a directory (temp) where you
do not have permissions.

Do you see files like AABDDEE without extension in the temp ?
Pls. check who has a file in your app / in temp in use

HTH
Tom

"Fabian Knauf" <fk2...@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

0 neue Nachrichten