Runtime Error R6003 - integer divide by 0 (zero)

Twenty_Two_Inch

Feb 17, 2004, 12:36:18 PM2/17/04
Hy everybody

Everytime I try to run a Clipper program on a Windows 2000 or XP machine, i get this error (Subject).

Since I searched various searchenginges, programming and database homempages, I know that the problem could be caused by a CPU that runs too fast.

If the CPU is causing this problem, why did the application run properly before installing Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP - I tried them both - (!same machine - no hardware has been changed or updated!)?

If I need to change anything in the code of the program/file(s), I don't know how to do that because I never programmed anything else than VB and I ain't even got the Clipper Software.

Is there a way to get an EXE-file to fix this problem?

Or is anybody willing to help me by fixing whatever need to be fixed if I pack and put the archive including all the files (or just the files needed) on a webpage for a download?

Or can I send you the files needed?

Thanks in advance

StefDuLac

Feb 17, 2004, 6:36:42 PM2/17/04
"Twenty_Two_Inch" <s.dj...@asdnetworks.ch> wrote in

> If the CPU is causing this problem, why did the application run
> properly before installing Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP

Because the OS run faster ?

John Linville

Feb 18, 2004, 1:31:41 PM2/18/04
Link __Wait_b.obj with your app. This has always cured the problem here

If you can't find it email me
--
John Linville

Andreas Moroder

Feb 19, 2004, 1:42:16 AM2/19/04
John Linville schrieb:

> Link __Wait_b.obj with your app. This has always cured the problem here
>
> If you can't find it email me

Hello,

I use __wait_b.obj
but I have a application that continue to give me R6003 on new machines

Stephen Quinn

Feb 19, 2004, 2:22:43 AM2/19/04
Andreas

> I use __wait_b.obj
> but I have a application that continue to give me R6003 on new machines

Are you linking it before any/all LIB files??
Have you tried one on the other implementations
__wait.obj
__wait_4.obj
or the latest version that's in the CT3 update available from CAs ftp site.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Peter Harmes

Feb 19, 2004, 11:01:52 AM2/19/04
I used an obj - r6003.obj, cannot remember where i got it, but if you want
a copy let me know. As far as i know, it's still linked into our dos apps
and works fine on xp & 2000.

Pete

"Stephen Quinn" <steveq...@integritynet.com.au> wrote in message

Andreas Moroder

Feb 19, 2004, 11:15:16 AM2/19/04
Peter Harmes schrieb:
Thank you all,

I used another link script and now all works.
__wait.obj was the first file before, so I don't know why it did not work.

Bye
Andreas

Stephen Quinn

Feb 19, 2004, 3:50:12 PM2/19/04
Andreas

> I used another link script and now all works.
> __wait.obj was the first file before, so I don't know why it did not work.

Because the first .obj file in your link script MUST be clipper code.

--
CYA
Steve Quinn

Kurt Remlin

Feb 20, 2004, 3:16:40 PM2/20/04
John,

Is this OBJ exclusively for Clipper + Clipper Tools combinations or
does it in other cases as well?