Richard Harter

Apr 24, 2012, 10:47:33 PM4/24/12
To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
the Emergency Room. Richard went through a very difficult month
in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
away April 20, 2012.

I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
why he has quit corresponding.

John Bode

Apr 24, 2012, 11:10:40 PM4/24/12
My condolences. Richard always came across as a very smart and very cool guy.

Ben Bacarisse

Apr 25, 2012, 6:42:46 AM4/25/12
That is very sad news. I am so sorry. Thank you for taking the time to
let everyone here know.

--
Ben.

jacob navia

Apr 25, 2012, 7:44:38 AM4/25/12
Le 25/04/12 04:47, Richard Harter a écrit :
Thank you for taking the time to tell us Madam.

Walter Banks

Apr 25, 2012, 12:13:50 PM4/25/12
News groups are communities of acquaintances with common interests.
This community will miss his many contributions.

I for one will miss his reasoned comments to the endless debates here
on many topics.

My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Walter..

Dr Nick

Apr 25, 2012, 3:51:49 PM4/25/12
Indeed. A long-term poster who took the time to explain his position on
things and help others. He'll be missed here.

Keith Thompson

Apr 25, 2012, 7:21:17 PM4/25/12
I'm sorry for your loss (and for ours, which while significant is hardly
comparable). Richard will be missed.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Will write code for food.

Shao Miller

Apr 25, 2012, 7:36:35 PM4/25/12
On 4/25/2012 19:21, Keith Thompson wrote:
> c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) writes:
>> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
>> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
>> the Emergency Room. Richard went through a very difficult month
>> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
>> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
>> away April 20, 2012.
>>
>> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
>> why he has quit corresponding.
>
> I'm sorry for your loss (and for ours, which while significant is hardly
> comparable). Richard will be missed.

He surely will.

io_x

Apr 26, 2012, 5:09:14 AM4/26/12
"Richard Harter" <c...@tiac.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
my condolences, "condoglianze"

BruceS

Apr 26, 2012, 10:57:20 AM4/26/12
I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know.

Tim Rentsch

May 7, 2012, 7:38:39 PM5/7/12
In addition to postings in the newsgroup, I also exchanged
an email or two with Richard over the years. Pretty much
at a loss for words. I sent a personal note to his old
email address (which hasn't bounced), hopefully that will
get through to someone. My sympathies to Deb, and thank
you to everyone else who responded to the note here.

Malcolm McLean

May 12, 2012, 10:00:19 AM5/12/12
בתאריך יום רביעי, 25 באפריל 2012 03:47:33 UTC+1, מאת Richard Harter:
Richard was a knowledgeable and valued contributor to this forum, and will be sadly missed.
Rest in Peace.

hers...@yahoo.com

Jun 10, 2012, 2:32:09 PM6/10/12
Richard was a class act in a newsgroup where that is sometimes rare. My
condolences.

Twain Benson

Jun 12, 2012, 1:30:45 AM6/12/12
Richard was a decent person, to me at least. While it saddens me that
one is gone, I'm surprised at how many of you jerks are still here.
--
Twain