Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler

Eric Klien

Apr 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/7/95
Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?

Eric Klien
| Oceania: A New Country In Development -> wel...@oceania.org |

Kevin D. Quitt

Apr 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/10/95
oce...@news.enet.net (Eric Klien) wrote:
>Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
>If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?

ftp to oak.oakland.edu/simtel/msdos/djgpp and get the readme file.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
_

Ron Collins

Apr 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/11/95
Kevin D. Quitt (k...@emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov) wrote:

You might also try the POWER C compiler, by MIX software. It's not free, but
it is cheap (< $50 US), and has one of the best books and visual debuggers in
the business. I don't have their phone number with me, but they are located in
Texas; if you can't find them, e-mail me and I'll dig the number out of my old
book and send it to you.

Ron Collins

-----
My employer doesn't always agree with me, so the views expressed
are mine alone.

"Life's hard, then you die" -- Dempsey & Makepeace
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid" -- John Wayne
­----

Clyde Smith-Stubbs

Apr 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/13/95
oce...@news.enet.net (Eric Klien) writes:

>Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
>If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?

Try Pacific C - full ANSI, optimizing, integrated development
environment plus command line, includes assembler, linker,
debugger etc. for $99. E-mail me for more info.

Clyde
--
Clyde Smith-Stubbs | HI-TECH Software, | Voice: +61 7 300 5011
cl...@hitech.com.au | P.O. Box 103, Alderley, | Fax: +61 7 300 5246
| QLD, 4051, AUSTRALIA. | BBS: +61 7 300 5235
HI-TECH C: Compiling the real world...

Loke Teng Yan

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
In article <1995Apr10.2...@llyene.jpl.nasa.gov>,

Kevin D. Quitt <k...@emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>oce...@news.enet.net (Eric Klien) wrote:
>>Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
>>If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?
>ftp to oak.oakland.edu/simtel/msdos/djgpp and get the readme file.
I've downloaded from there two files, one called djgpp.faq and the other is
a zipped file which contains description of all files listed in the djgpp
directory.

What is confusing to me is, after reading the .faq file, and studying the
files available, I still find it difficult to organize things and know which
files to download and what they are for.

Is there any other textfile which can further simplify the whole process of
obtaining this compiler (whatever it is called)?
--
Teng Yan, Loke aka Cow | Electronic & Computer Engineering
Internet: 9320...@np.ac.sg | Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic of Singapore