HyperNews

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 11, 1994, 11:22:06 AM3/11/94
I've created an experimental HyperNews system. It works and I think
it is amazingly cool! You can add responses to articles, and create
your own articles that may be responded to by others. Please try it:

http://ginko.cecer.army.mil:8000/~liberte/hypernews.html

Don't spread this around too much yet. I'd like to have you www folks
try it and work on the idea before it escapes.

A few limitations: Though anyone with a basic www browser should be
able to read HyperNews articles and responses, writing a response
requires Forms and you should be running an httpd. Writing an article
that may be responded to requires adding to your cgi-bin and allowing
your httpd to write on some of your files. This no doubt raises some
security concerns.

Dan LaLiberte
lib...@cs.uiuc.edu
(Fight interface copyrights and software patents.
Join the League for Programming Freedom: l...@uunet.uu.net)