Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

TomCh

ungelesen,
12.01.2019, 15:05:4212.01.19
an
Hi,

There's a new release of AppleWin here:
https://github.com/AppleWin/AppleWin/releases/tag/v1.28.0.0

This is full release. New at 1.28.0:
. [Change #357] Resurrected the AppleWin 1.25 "Color (Standard)" video mode as "Color (RGB Monitor)".
- This is equivalent to emulating RGB video, ie. a video mode with sharp text and pixels.
- NB. Unlike AppleWin 1.25, this is now cycle-accurate, so demos that synchronise with the video scanner will work correctly.
. [Change #603] Removed support for v1 save-state files.
- Any v1 save-state files should be loaded into AppleWin 1.27, and then re-saved to a v2 save-state file.
. [Change #597] Removed the functionality for CTRL+F10 to reveal the mouse cursor.
. [Change #585] Added a 'Swap' HDD button to the Configuration->Input property sheet.

And a reminder (or FYI) the main features since 1.27.0 are:
. Saturn 64/128K support for II/II+ machines
. Support for no Language Card (empty slot-0) for II/II+ machines
. Video ROM support (custom/alternate ROMs) for European languages (eg. PAL machines)
. Improved SSC support for Tx interrupt (both COM and TCP modes) & other SSC improvements

As always, please report any issues you find either here (in cea2) or raise a bug here:
https://github.com/AppleWin/AppleWin/issues/new

Finally. thanks to all those that raised issues (and change requests), confirmed fixes and submitted pull-requests for the project.

Tom

James Davis

ungelesen,
13.01.2019, 03:45:1413.01.19
an
Thanks Tom.

Brian Patrie

ungelesen,
13.01.2019, 16:05:5013.01.19
an
Thanks for the RGB mode, and new memory configs.

I'll miss being able to press F10 to release the mouse pointer; but i
can live with ctrl-click; and there's always alt-Tab (the previous app
is usually where i want to go, anyway).

(I finally--thinking of the II,II+ keyboard layout--realized the
reasoning behind the up,down key bindings for those modes.) :)

johnsonlam.hk

ungelesen,
15.01.2019, 04:45:0815.01.19
an
Thank you Tom, nice to see a new version coming out and fewer bugs.

Johnson

TomCh

ungelesen,
18.01.2019, 16:02:5218.01.19
an
Yes, the RGB mode has had high demand for being reinstated ever since it was dropped in AppleWin 1.26 in late 2016.

I'm not so sure about those key-bindings for II,II+ though!
. until 1.13.1: down=10=CTRL+J & up=11=CTRL+K
. then from 1.13.2: down=47='/' & up=13=CTRL+M(=CR)

There's nothing in the History to record why this changed (but it'll be in the svn->git commit logs).

Since the keys don't exist on II,II+ keyboards they should just do nothing. I'll raise a new bug for this.

Thanks,
Tom

Brian Patrie

ungelesen,
18.01.2019, 16:35:5818.01.19
an
My only practical issue (and not the end of the world) is that i often
forget myself, and press up to go up, and it enters when i didn't want
to enter.

TomCh

ungelesen,
19.01.2019, 05:20:2419.01.19