Compiling with PHP generates WARNING: Ingres not enabled; libraries and headers not found in...

henrik....@generic.se

Jul 1, 2014, 8:02:00 AM7/1/14
As the subject, I'm having issues compiling the PECL Ingres module. The full client of Ingres is installed and I have checked that the files are in place.

http://code.ohloh.net/file?fid=wSV0oJi9jrbdiJTRTtYq7VFtmwE&cid=pl1VT1ZKfm4&s=&fp=19548&projSelected=true#L0

I can see in the code that it fails because it cannot find the files but the files are clearly there and readily, eagerly available and yet it can't find them.

Trying this on Windows 7 through SDK 7.1 Command Prompt set to Windows XP x86.

It does find II_SYSTEM as the code echoes that one out and the path is correct.

Any help, pointers, hell, I'd accept flame at this point.

Roy Hann

Jul 1, 2014, 10:58:44 AM7/1/14
henrik....@generic.se wrote:

> It does find II_SYSTEM as the code echoes that one out

What exactly is II_SYSTEM set to? What do you see when you
echo %II_SYSTEM% ?

Roy

Chris Clark

Jul 1, 2014, 11:10:12 AM7/1/14
to Ingres and related product discussion forum
How about an alternate approach. If you are on Windows (and most Linux distros), the ODBC module comes pre-built, no compiler required. Are you in a position to use http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.uodbc.php instead?

Chris

henrik....@generic.se

Jul 2, 2014, 2:00:46 AM7/2/14
Chris, you're a genius. Thanks!

henrik....@generic.se

Jul 2, 2014, 8:07:05 AM7/2/14
C:\Program Files\Ingres\IngresII

Ingres Forums

Jul 2, 2014, 8:23:41 AM7/2/14

I wonder if the blank between "Program" and "Files" in *C:\Program
Files\Ingres\IngresII* is causing the problem. I have no idea about the
script you're using but I've been tripped by that in makefiles and
similar.

If it were me I'd try re-installing Ingres using a path that doesn't
contain blanks or other "special" characters.

--
rhann
rhann's Profile: http://community.actian.com/forum/member.php?userid=131

Grant Croker

Jul 3, 2014, 1:22:30 PM7/3/14
to Ingres and related product discussion forum
Unless it's changed the building of the Windows PHP driver for Ingres required a fully working PHP build environment. Chris's suggestion to use the ODBC driver is probably saner than trying to build all of PHP.

Grant Croker

henrik....@generic.se

Jul 4, 2014, 10:13:32 AM7/4/14
Grant! It's you! You're name is on the ingres module! It wasn't wise replying here, I might just come find you and fall at your feet and beg for your help.

Saner.. Hah! Two days trying it to get to work with the OBDC driver has been nightmarish. I've managed to open a connection but all the queries are just empty.

In retrospect I think Chris might be the devil himself.

Chris Clark

Jul 7, 2014, 4:23:25 PM7/7/14
to Ingres and related product discussion forum
> Two days trying it to get to work with the OBDC driver has been nightmarish.
> I've managed to open a connection but all the queries are just empty.

It might be worth posting an example. I'm not a PHP expert but someone on the list may spot something. Below is a pdo odbc demo I have that does work (using a local connection, note I had to make sure the extension directory and the extension was enabled in the php.ini file). I set the name in the example to "Ingres GP" you can typically use Ingres but if you have multiple installations you may want (like I did) to specify the installation code.

<?php

try {
$dbh = new PDO('odbc:Driver={Ingres GP};Server=(local);Database=iidbdb', '', '');

$sql = "select cap_capability, cap_value from iidbcapabilities";
foreach ($dbh->query($sql) as $row)
{
print $row['cap_capability'] .' - '. $row['cap_value'] . '<br />';
}

$dbh = null;
}
catch(PDOException $e)
{
echo 'Connection failed: ' . $e->getMessage();
}
?>