[Info-Ingres] Release date for 10.2

Martin Bowes

May 8, 2013, 4:23:55 AM5/8/13
to info-...@kettleriverconsulting.com

Hi All,

Does anyone know the release dates for Ingres 10.2 on X86_64?

Martin Bowes

Ingres Forums

Sep 4, 2014, 11:09:45 AM9/4/14

I heard that 10.2 will be GA today...

--
rthdavid
rthdavid's Profile: http://community.actian.com/forum/member.php?userid=114647

Ingres Forums

Oct 15, 2014, 2:29:18 AM10/15/14

will the source code of 10.2 be available or open source Ingres is
dead?

---
jjanusz

--
jjanusz
jjanusz's Profile: http://community.actian.com/forum/member.php?userid=78

Ingres Forums

Oct 15, 2014, 4:11:55 AM10/15/14

I'll leave it to someone from Actian to say when the source refresh will
appear, but it is definitely in the pipeline.

The thing I think is worth mentioning is the amount of discussion I
overheard at the code sprint about the feasibility and timing of moving
this or that enhancement into the open source code line.

Actian are evidently committed to keeping an open source version going.
What they seem less committed to is doing all the work entirely by
themselves. They don't see that as open source so much as giving stuff
away for free. I struggle to disagree with them.

--
rhann
rhann's Profile: http://community.actian.com/forum/member.php?userid=131