[rec.games.chess] KPK tablebases now available via ftp

Steven J. Edwards

Oct 16, 1994, 4:11:49 PM10/16/94
Archive-Name: auto/rec.games.chess/KPK-tablebases-now-available-via-ftp

The ics.onenet.net ftp site now has copies of the tablebases that
allow perfect play of the KPK endgame. The files have been placed,
temporarily, in the pub/chess/xchange directory. They are:

KPK.tbb.gz gzip of Black to move KPK data
KPK.tbw.gz gzip of White to move KPK data

For those interested in using these, I also have an ANSI C header file
that has some helpful definitions for indexing and interpretation.
This is available from me via e-mail; just send a request and it's on
its way.

I hope that the kind and thoughtful site administrator will consider
creating a pub/chess/TB directory for holding these files; I have a
lot more ready for uploading.

-- Steven (s...@mv.mv.com)