Canteen changes - toothbrushes and razors

Spike CO

Sep 23, 2016, 12:11:50 PM9/23/16
to CO-CURE Google Board

Per Travis Trani, Deputy Director of Prisons

The CDOC has made a decision for Canteen to only sell safety razors and safety toothbrushes beginning October 1st.

These items are not the same as the security toothbrushes and razors we have used in the past.  These items were vetted through multiple committees/groups prior to a decision being made.

The toothbrush is 4.25 inches long and the handle is flexible.  These toothbrushes are much longer than the security toothbrushes used in the past and the bristles are made by Dupont.

The safety razor is disposable.  The handle is flexible, but rigid enough to ensure effective shaving.  The head of the razor is semi-transparent and tamper resistant.

We selected these items based on the quality of the products and enhancement to safety and security for the offenders and staff.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

[Note: We are working to get an image of the razor]