Unhandled exception. Details: Unauthorized sender [InvalidSenderError]

cw

Nov 18, 2011, 2:11:43 AM11/18/11
to coderevie...@googlegroups.com
Attempting to publish gives me the error below which leads me here.

I think this is a very recent regression as it seemed to work fine earlier today.

Rietveld Code Review Tool

Sorry, an error occurred...

Unhandled exception.

Details: Unauthorized sender [InvalidSenderError]

Please post a message to the discussion group if you have any questions.

Andi Albrecht

Nov 18, 2011, 3:32:33 AM11/18/11
to coderevie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this issue!

Some users may have problems to publish their comments.

We still have to investigate a little bit. At first sight it seems
that only users with custom domains (i.e. not @gmail.com or
@google.com) are affected.

--Andi

anatoly techtonik

Nov 18, 2011, 6:18:15 AM11/18/11
to coderevie...@googlegroups.com
WOW! New 500 page with exception reporting is awesome.  Sorry for the offtopic.
--
anatoly t.

BA2.png

D Koch

Nov 18, 2011, 8:02:56 AM11/18/11
to codereview-discuss
Yes - I'm also getting this too (also have a non-google/gmail domain).

/Daniel/

On Nov 18, 3:32 am, Andi Albrecht <albrecht.a...@googlemail.com>

Andi Albrecht

Nov 18, 2011, 10:39:32 AM11/18/11
to D Koch, codereview-discuss
@Guido: do you have an idea, why we see InvalidSender? Is it related to the new alias somehow?

Andi

Guido van Rossum

Nov 18, 2011, 10:49:25 AM11/18/11
to Andi Albrecht, D Koch, codereview-discuss
I think I know what it is. There's a special permission bit to let an
app send mail from non-Google addresses. That bit must be set for
Rietveld. I'll find someone who can do it. Sorry for the disruption!

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

Guido van Rossum

Nov 18, 2011, 12:22:05 PM11/18/11
to Andi Albrecht, D Koch, codereview-discuss
This should now be fixed. Let me know if it isn't!

--Guido

D Koch

Nov 18, 2011, 1:49:11 PM11/18/11
to codereview-discuss
It's working for me now. Thanks for fixing it!